Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA/CO 737-800 Micronesia

Hey everyone!

I have recently moved to Hong Kong and will be flying to Singapore and Tokyo a lot. The flight prices seem very reasonable on UA/CO on their 737's to both and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Do they have entertainment? Does anyone know if there is a trip report for them anywhere?

I have booked a flight to SIN return with them and was slightly put off by the $89 emergency exit row seat fare, especially the deceptive way they add this to your bill but can't complain about the 1800ish HKD price tag return!

Thanks in advance for all your help and if you no one knows any trip reports maybe I will make this my first one!

Have you flown any domestic flight in the US? That's pretty much it.

Comment

Forget about US carriers. Seriously.

Comment

It is important to know whether its UA or CO metal.

From my limited experience flying A320 or 737-800,

Seats:
        UA has F/Y+/Y.
        CO is F/Y but emex seats purchasable on CO.
        F on both like SQ old regional J seat.
        Found Y seats more comfy than SQ. Leather. Softer.

IFE:
        UA is overhead screens that drop down.
        CO has seat back screens with Direct TV. Pay about $7 to watch I think. Free in F.

Food:
        Bleah on both.
        Free in F. Pay in Y.
        Pack something or eat before boarding. Free Coke though.

Comment

It's a CO 738 for certain.

I don't think you get DirecTV. Way too out of the zone of the satellites.

Comment

Yes I will be quite intrigued to know what it is like. I have flown Deltas business elite from SIN-NRT on the 77L (for the bargain price of 1200 SGD in a promo fare last year) and it was brilliant, couldn't fault it apart from the suspectable food poisoning I got but not certain if that was DL. As there isn't any others I can find on here or anywhere on the net I will make it my 1st TR and let you guys know.

Just a quick question as I am SQ Gold and want to keep it up this year the options to Tokyo are UA or ANA on *A. Is there anyway to make ANA give you the full mileage from the trip? They only give you about half the miles to your account when you make a trip?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 17august View Post
              Just a quick question as I am SQ Gold and want to keep it up this year the options to Tokyo are UA or ANA on *A. Is there anyway to make ANA give you the full mileage from the trip? They only give you about half the miles to your account when you make a trip?

Thanks
              All *A should give you the 100% miles into your KF. What they don't give is the 25% tier bonus that SQ gives for Gold KF if you fly SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by 17august View Post
                Hey everyone!

I have recently moved to Hong Kong and will be flying to Singapore and Tokyo a lot. The flight prices seem very reasonable on UA/CO on their 737's to both and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Do they have entertainment? Does anyone know if there is a trip report for them anywhere?

I have booked a flight to SIN return with them and was slightly put off by the $89 emergency exit row seat fare, especially the deceptive way they add this to your bill but can't complain about the 1800ish HKD price tag return!

Thanks in advance for all your help and if you no one knows any trip reports maybe I will make this my first one!
                For he price different - yes.
                You may want to know CO from SGP to HKG now serve meal vs in the UA days.

Comment

I flew CO Micronesia a few times recently in Y on the Manila-Guam and Manila-Palau sectors and within Micronesia. I don’t have any negative comment. A hot light meal is served, free non-alcoholic drink. Movies are show on the main screens. And CO Micronesia flight attendants are very friendly

So if they offered the same sort of service out of HKG and the fares are really competitive, I would go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by blandy62 View Post
                    I flew CO Micronesia a few times recently in Y on the Manila-Guam and Manila-Palau sectors and within Micronesia. I don’t have any negative comment. A hot light meal is served, free non-alcoholic drink. Movies are show on the main screens. And CO Micronesia flight attendants are very friendly

So if they offered the same sort of service out of HKG and the fares are really competitive, I would go for it.
                    Thanks for that blandy62, and welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      All *A should give you the 100% miles into your KF. What they don't give is the 25% tier bonus that SQ gives for Gold KF if you fly SQ.
                      Ummmm, no !

ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS 150% - A, F
                      125% - C, D, J, P, Z
                      100% - E, Y
                      70% - B, G, H, M, Q, S, U, V, W

So to answer the question, one would need to buy a E or Y fare to get 100% mileage from an ANA flight crediting to Krisflyer !

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                        Ummmm, no !

ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS 150% - A, F
                        125% - C, D, J, P, Z
                        100% - E, Y
                        70% - B, G, H, M, Q, S, U, V, W

So to answer the question, one would need to buy a E or Y fare to get 100% mileage from an ANA flight crediting to Krisflyer !

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf
                        Thanks QSG for being more specific!

Comment

Working...
                        X