Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Domestic Premium Seats on awards. Bookable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Domestic Premium Seats on awards. Bookable?

Is it possible to book Domestic Japan Premium Class seats on NH with a BD C award?

Using the ANA tool, it automatically books into Y even with a F award. Any workround?

Some routes may not be offered Premium Class .
    I haven't been able to book Premium Class online before but i do know that if you were to upgrade at the airport , it is a top up of 7000 Yen .

Comment

Route I was looking at was IAD-NRT-ITM which has premium; at least it looks like it is offered; on the ANA tool. No problem on F/C for IAD-NRT but it automatically books Y for NRT-ITM

7000yen seems a wee bit expensive for a 1h20m flight especially when one includes the rest of the family

Comment

ANA tool I find is a bit hit or miss on the domestic NH Jap sectors when booking Int'l BD awards. I was searching through Star Alliance members, not NH's own. Also, one of the plane types said F, but when I boarded, it was an all-Y flight. BD couldn't book the F seat that was shown on ANA also.

The cost being steep or not, of course, depends on the individual but for 1 or 2 pax, but I think it's worth it.

Comment

I've not taken NH domestic C but if it's anything like the JL equivalent, then it's totally not worth it if you have status for check-in/lounges. In JL J, all I got was a slightly nicer seat and a drink (e.g. cold tea).

On the other hand, JL domestic F (and no doubt the NH equivalent) is worth it (at very least least to try once) - it's amazing what service is offered for a short HND-ITM flight.

Comment

For Premium Class , you get offered a meal depending on the time of the day .
            The seats are similar to those on the International 320s J class .
            You get lounge access as well as priority boarding .
            For 7000 yen per pax , it's abit steep but if you fancy splurging , why not !

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
              For Premium Class , you get offered a meal depending on the time of the day .
              The seats are similar to those on the International 320s J class .
              You get lounge access as well as priority boarding .
              For 7000 yen per pax , it's abit steep but if you fancy splurging , why not !
              When you say "Premium Class", is this NH domestic C or domestic F ? If the former, then wow!

Comment

NH Domestic C .
                JL Domestic F is miles above that !

Comment

NH Domestic C .
                  JL Domestic F is miles above that !
                  And from what you're saying NH domestic C is better than JL "Class J".

Looking back at my records, I've flown "Class J":

* KMI-ITM-KMI in the morning
                  * NGS-HND in the afternoon
                  * HND-KMQ in the afternoon

and only a drink in a paper cup, e.g. cold tea, juice etc. No food!

I think JL domestic F is brilliant though.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    And from what you're saying NH domestic C is better than JL "Class J".

Looking back at my records, I've flown "Class J":

* KMI-ITM-KMI in the morning
                    * NGS-HND in the afternoon
                    * HND-KMQ in the afternoon

and only a drink in a paper cup, e.g. cold tea, juice etc. No food!

I think JL domestic F is brilliant though.
                    HAHA YES i am ! NH "Premium Class" is miles ahead of JL's "Class J" but miles behind JL Domestic F which is as you've said brilliant .

But Class J is only 1000 yen more while Premium Class is 7000 yen more while Domestic F is 8000 yen more .
                    I would rather pay 8000 yen for JL F ( If available ) than 7000yen for Premium Class . Just my humble opinion

Comment

JL Domestic F which is as you've said brilliant
                      I remembered just now that it's so good that I wrote a little TR (no pics though) about my first time trying it a few years ago:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5993

I believe there's a domestic F for NH but I haven't tried that. No doubt it's similar (or even better)!

Comment

So NO it is then...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          So NO it is then...
                          Premium Class on NH for domestic flights books into the Y fare bucket if I'm not mistaken and that is why you can't book it for awards. NH only releases 'X' inventory for NH domestic flight awards and no 'I' inventory as they don't even sell the seat on revenue fares as C, D, J but as a Y (full)fare.

At least that was what one of the NH FFP gurus once explained to me. I have done plenty of BD C awards and actually have two booked for Japan in Oct / Nov and my domestic sectors booked into regular Y class (X) as usual as all the ICC (and any other *A FFP) can see is X inventory.

If you do a 'Flight Search' on ANA and go sector by sector you will see that even ANA shows only Y bookable for the domestic flight. You need to do SIN-HND and HND-CTS for example and not just SIN-CTS. If you only do SIN-CTS it will show you C & Y for both SIN-HND and HND-CTS, but if you go sector by sector it shows C & Y for SIN-HND and only Y for HND-CTS. You get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            I remembered just now that it's so good that I wrote a little TR (no pics though) about my first time trying it a few years ago:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5993

I believe there's a domestic F for NH but I haven't tried that. No doubt it's similar (or even better)!
                            Nope, NH only has domestic Premium Class cabin available, they do not offer F.
                            http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/premiumclass/

NH has Premium class available on most of it's domestic flights, JL has F on far fewer (this due to losing the 74D fleet and other restructuring). JAL Class J is not a business class product but more akin to a Y+ offering!

Comment

Sorry to bump: Trying to book SIN-KIX-HND award in J with lifemiles. Found availablity for SIN-KIX but not KIX-HND (in J, at least).

Just want to confirm, is this possible or not?

Edit: I don't mind going in Y, but am just worried that mixed class bookings like this aren't allowed.
                              Last edited by flyKL; 19 September 2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X