Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysian aviation analyst proposes merger of MAS and SIA

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...e-says-analyst

I guess there's a reason why no one is touching MAS with a 10 foot pole...
    Last edited by yuuka_miya; 11 May 2019, 05:07 PM.
    an infrastructure geek

What kind of analyst would even suggest that given not only the airline concerned but the Malaysian government too. We have learnt the lesson from years ago.

Comment

Tyranny of old ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        What kind of analyst would even suggest that given not only the airline concerned but the Malaysian government too. We have learnt the lesson from years ago.
        Decades of brain drain, so this is all that there is left to be an analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
          https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...e-says-analyst

I guess there's a reason why no one is touching MAS with a 10 foot pole...

Comment

I read this as "MAS is in such trouble, they need their southern neighbours to save them"

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
              Decades of brain drain, so this is all that there is left to be an analyst.
              I wonder where the skilled Malaysian aviation analysts have gone. Certainly not to the Straits Times, I'd imagine.

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
              I read this as "MAS is in such trouble, they need their southern neighbours to save them"
              It's nothing more than the opinion of a "regional aviation analyst". No ordinary Malaysian sees the need for their southern neighbours to save MH. That proposition is as unacceptable to Malaysians as it is to Singaporeans.

In fact, some travellers (Singaporeans included) have benefited greatly from MH's misadventures

Comment

(deleted)
                Last edited by WBT; 13 May 2019, 09:32 AM. Reason: too many formatting issues, will try again later

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  I wonder where the skilled Malaysian aviation analysts have gone. Certainly not to the Straits Times, I'd imagine.
                  It was a Maybank analyst floating this idea, and even Maybank is distancing itself:

Originally posted by Star Article Linked Above
                  Maybank Kim Eng would like to clarify that the view(s) expressed by the analyst quoted in this article do not represent the house view and position of Maybank Kim Eng.
                  Originally posted by SilverChris
                  It's nothing more than the opinion of a "regional aviation analyst". No ordinary Malaysian sees the need for their southern neighbours to save MH. That proposition is as unacceptable to Malaysians as it is to Singaporeans.
                  Agreed. It's a pretty hare-brained idea, and bereft of any merit. I wonder if it was even meant to be taken seriously, but rather produced for publicity value.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                    Agreed. It's a pretty hare-brained idea, and bereft of any merit. I wonder if it was even meant to be taken seriously, but rather produced for publicity value.
                    Exactly. Playing devil's advocate is usually just a trick to become centre of attention for a while, dressed up as "lateral thinking" in case the reaction from others is too negative.

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                      yeah.... SIA may interested to buy MAS operation.... not merger of equal for sure...
                      visit my blog

Comment

I don't think they'll even be interested in the operation.

The planes maybe, and perhaps the AOC too.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

SIA and the Singapore Government will not be interested in taking over or even a merger of the 2 airlines at all.

Comment

I could almost see an argument for MH to merge but what's in it for SIA??

Comment

I would uphold and advocate for Singapore Airlines to acquire MAS and become their subsidiary.
                              I propose after the acquisition, MAS will become Singapore Airlines Malaysia, and have all planes repainted to modified SIA livery with a massive Singapore flag on it.
                              In addition, I think all MAS/SIAM aircraft should be re-registered as 9V aircraft instead of 9M.
                              And of course, prior to every flight, perhaps the new SIAM should play the Singapore national anthem or play a video of how much greatness and growth Singapore went since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X