Singapore Staycation Series 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double sinks

Rather huge bathtub, with soap and bath salt provided, as well as a Conrad rubber duckie!

Spacious shower stall

And a separate toilet.

Amenities and face towels in the drawer under the sink.

Bath amenities are by Shanghai Tang.

View from the bedroom was towards the Suntec Fountain of Wealth and Kallang River.

Lounge access was included in the Centennial Suite package, and we headed up to the Executive Lounge for afternoon tea. We were one of the first at the lounge for afternoon tea. Lounge decor was rather formal, with wood-accented furnishings. It was not too bag, and I guess could be crowded if at full occupancy. We were limited to only 1hr stay per visit for Afternoon tea and Evening cocktails. Service, however, was pretty good and efficient.

Selected a table with a nice view of the bay area.

The afternoon tea set was delivered promptly.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Afternoon Tea menu was rotated depending on whether it was an odd or even day of the week. Menu for today.

Non-alcoholic beverage menu.

The afternoon tea items were quite tasty, and seconds could be requested (as long as is within your 1hr slot).

High tea with a view.

After high tea, we headed to the pool. Even though pool reservations are required, the pool was quite empty as it was a weekday, and we were allowed to stay as long as we wanted.

The fitness center beside the pool was quite well-equipped and suitable for a proper workout.

My Travel Map

Comment

Gym was very spacious.

Back to the lounge for evening cocktails and bites. Can a seat facing the Suntec tower this time round.

Light bites and cocktail menu

Canape set served with all three cocktails ordered.

Similar to afternoon tea, refills can be requested as long as it is within the allocated 1hr slot. The canape items are pretty good, and actually sufficient as a light dinner if a round of refill is requested.

Mango Bellini

Can't remember which cocktail was this, but it was refreshing.

The next morning, breakfast was served at Oscar's. Menu as below.

My Travel Map

Comment

Starting with the bakery items, fruits, Bircher muesli and beverages.

Presentation of each dish was very good.

Even though there was a limit of 01 main from each menu category per guest, the staff was pleased to offer additional as it was not too busy on the weekday morning.

The Breakfast Taco was fantastic!

Asian selections from Asian Flavours and a Seafood Nasi Lemak. All were pretty good!

Ending the heavy breakfast with an Oscar's waffle with ice-cream. Yes, ice-cream served at breakfast!

As my package was inclusive of dining credits as well, we decided to utilize it for a late lunch in-room dining. Ordered the Har Cheong chicken wings, Butter Chicken with naan/rice, and a Seafood Hokkien noodles. Portions were rather huge.

Late check-out was granted till 4pm. It was a very enjoyable stay at Conrad Centennial indeed.

My Travel Map

Comment

#8 The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore

The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
            Deluxe Room

I did another stay at Capitol Kempinski in March, in a similar category room as what I stayed last year, in a Deluxe Room.

Hotel check-in area.

Allocated a similarly-designed room as my last stay.

Upon entering the room is a wardrobe with some amenities.

To the left was the luxurious bathroom with standing bathtub and high ceiling rainshower.

Bath amenities by Salvatore Ferragamo.

My Travel Map

Comment

Room with king-sized bed.

Apart from the usual Nespresso coffees and TWG teas, minibar drinks in fridge were complimentary as well.

Unlike my previous visit where the hotel's gym and pool facilities were using temporary facilities, the stay this time round offered the full works. Gym was small but functional.

Highlight was the saltwater relaxation pool with jacuzzi.

Frozen fruit popsicles were served at the poolside. A nice gesture.

As dining credit was included in the stay, it was used for dinner at one of the restaurants at the Arcade. chose to eat at La Scala Ristorante.

Taking its name from the world-renowned La Scala Opera House in Milan, La Scala Ristorante transports the tastes, sights and sounds of a buzzing Italian summer’s day to Arcade @ The Capitol Kempinski with a stunning menu. Antipasti, soups, pastas, pizzas and desserts come complete with the most wholesome Italian touch.

Here you’ll find a modernised space that still retains touches of Italian tradition like exposed red-brick walls, wooden floorboards and white Roman pillars, tied together with by a central brick-fire oven for a true taste of Italy.

BURRATINA & POMODORINI
              Small Burrata, Rocket Salad & Datterino Tomatoes With Basil & Chef's Dressing

PIZZA MONTE BIANCO (MONT BLANC) REGIONE PIEMONTE
              Five Cheese Pizza

SPAGHETTI COSTIERA
              Prawns, Seafood Reduction & Grated Mullet Bottarga

CROSTATA AL CIOCCOLATO MORBIDO
              Creamy Soft Chocolate Tart, Amacena Cherry & Salted Butter Caramel

Another very pleasant stay at Capitol Kempinski, and an enjoyable dining at La Scala.

My Travel Map

Comment

#9 Carlton Hotel Singapore

Carlton Hotel Singapore
                Premier Room

Did a stay at Carlton Hotel Singapore over a school holiday weekend.

Strategically located in the heart of the city, the 940-room Carlton Hotel Singapore offers guest rooms and suites from 30sqm, with contemporary design in our Main Tower and Executive Wing to suit your business and travel needs. For more upscale accommodation, stay in our Premier Rooms from 34sqm, and Premier Club Rooms with full access to the Premier Club Lounge. Stay connected with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, and keep updated on world news with PressReader, a complimentary digital newsstand providing access to thousands of local and international publications.

As it was the school holidays, hotel occupancy was significantly higher and check-in took a while even though quite a number of desks were opened.

Information on swimming pool and gym usage. As expected, with the high occupancy, the pool was fully-booked for the period of my stay. Only managed to get a gym slot.

Booked a Premier room for this stay, which is a slightly bigger room with bay view. Entering the room.

Bedroom was rather spacious, with a King bed.

Workdesk

No fanciful Nespressos or TWGs here. Only freeze-dried coffees and 'commoner' teas.

View from room, overlooking Raffles Hotel.

My Travel Map

Comment

The toilet was rather spacious and modern.

With a bath tub and separate shower.

Amenities were house-branded and nothing fanciful.

As mentioned earlier, the hotel pool was fully booked throughout the stay. Pool was not too big but good enough to chillax.

Managed to get a gym slot though. Gym was rather well-equipped.

Breakfast was served at Cafe Mosiac.

We were only entitled to choose an option each from the Breakfast set menu.

Ordered the American Breakfast set. It was very average.

To summarize. it was a decent but average staycation experience. The hotel is more suited for travellers who would not stay in the room for long periods, and less of a preferred choice for the discerning staycationer.

My Travel Map

Comment

Apart from the staycations, I would also like to share some of the dining experiences I had. Citibank had a number of great deals for its cardholders during this period, and I snagged another elaborate and fine dining experience at Art Restaurant. All the courses, though of petite-sized, were beautifully presented and of exquisite taste. A must-try dining experience.

My Travel Map

Comment

#10 Westin Singapore

Prior to my next staycation, I dropped by the Esplanade for a lunch at Harry's. Harry's was running a 50% off promotion via the eatigo app and it was a really good deal!

Fried Octopus

Harry's Signature Wings

Steak and Egg

Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice-cream to end.

After lunch, it was only a short drive to my staycation hotel at Asia Square.

The Westin Singapore
                      Westin Club King

Located in Singapore’s financial district within the vicinity of Marina Bay and walking distance from corporate headquarters, retail, dining, and entertainment options, The Westin Singapore occupies levels 32 to 46 of Asia Square Tower 2. 305 inviting guest rooms and suites, innovative dining options, a myriad of business and leisure facilities throughout the hotel, let you create your own experience.

Entrance to the hotel at the 1st level of Asia Square Tower 2.

Hotel lobby is accessed via the lifts to the 32nd floor. Spot the lift buttons.

There was already a queue for check-in.

Lobby design was rather grand and luxurious.

Lobby Lounge, which was closed at the moment, though it served as a breakfast spillover area.

Views from the 32nd floor were great.

Checked in and headed up to our room on the 43rd floor.

My Travel Map

Comment

Info sheet detailing the hotel facilities and booking info is provided.

I had booked the Westin Club King for this stay.

With their stylish modern furnishings and earthy color scheme of cream and browns, Westin Club Rooms are designed to make the international traveler feel at home. Located on higher floors, these rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and streamlined design.

A comfortable armchair provides a relaxing spot from which to watch our HDTV, and a Bose Wave music system makes it easy to enjoy your favorite music. If you have work to complete, the efficient work area—with built-in desk, ergonomic desk chair, multimedia hub, complimentary High-Speed Internet Access, and complimentary local calls—encourages productivity. Stay energized with a snack from the refreshment centre or a fresh cup of coffee from the Nespresso machine.

At the end of your day, sink into the king-size Heavenly® Bed, layered with soft white linens, a plush duvet, and multiple plump pillows. A bedside control panel lets you adjust the room’s lighting with the touch of a button.

The marble bathroom—with floor-to-ceiling windows—feels like a personal spa with its spacious vanity and floating basin, deep freestanding bathtub, and invigorating rainforest shower. Fragrant Westin White Tea Heavenly™ Bath Amenities, soft bathrobes, and cozy slippers complete the experience.

However, as the Club Lounge is currently closed, guests booked in the club rooms are entitled to SGD$100 worth of dining credits per room per day.

Entering the room into the spacious and comfy bedroom.

Work desk and a single sofa at the corner.

Wardrobe beside the bed.

Reassurance that everything is well-sanitized.

Instant coffees and TWG teas provided.

But fret not, Nespresso coffees are available too!

The marbled bathroom is huge, with a standing tub. Though I would have preferred the tub to be by the window as some of the rooms are laid out.

My Travel Map

Comment

Separate shower cubicle with a powerful rain shower.

Amenities are Westin in-house branded.

View from the room is towards the pool and Marina One towers.

Pool booking was made in advance, and we headed to the pool area towards the evening.

View from the infinity pool.

Also took the time to work-out in the gym before dinner. Again, gym needed to be pre-booked, but it was pretty empty.

My Travel Map

Comment

The gym is quite spacious and well-equipped.

And the most awesome part of the gym are the treadmills with view!

We spent our club benefit's dining credit with a dinner at Cook&Brew.

Located at Level 33, Cook & Brew is The Westin Singapore’s latest branded concept restaurant. Take in the abundance of natural light at Cook & Brew which offsets magnificent views of the Marina Bay area, rounding off the gastronomic experience with sensory delights.

The gastro-bar is more than just a venue for the working crowd, setting the stage for all who seek a balanced lifestyle. One of the most distinctive hotel bars in Singapore, Cook & Brew serves modern interpretations of classical bar favorites and local comfort food, with a meticulously curated list of fine wines and an extensive selection of beers.

Restaurant's menu can be found here.
                            https://www.cookandbrewsingapore.com...u-feb-2021.pdf

WHIPPED BUFFALO MILK RICOTTA CHEESE
                            Truffle honey, grilled bread

PAD THAI FRIES
                            Sweet potato fries, chicken, prawns, peanuts, dried sakura shrimp, chili, Pad Thai sauce

FISH & CHIPS
                            Classic tartar sauce, mushy peas, house umami ketchup, snapper

SINGAPORE-STYLE FRIED BEE HOON
                            Char siew-style pork jowl, crispy pork belly, grilled half Nova Scotia lobster, side of sambal

MOLTEN STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING
                            Caramel sauce, baileys ice cream

It was a great dinner at Cook & Brew, with the dining credits well-spent.

My Travel Map

Comment

Night view of Marina One.

Quiet hotel lobby

The next morning, breakfast was served at Seasonal Tastes. However, due to the Covid situation, the restaurant is currently only opened for breakfast.

Situated on Level 32, Seasonal Tastes at The Westin Singapore boasts a selection of contemporary international and local cuisines. Seasonal Tastes promises a truly gastronomic experience complete with panoramic views of Singapore’s Marina Bay and the South China Sea through its floor-to-ceiling windows.

Breakfast was served ala-carte buffet style. Just tick the items on the order chit and hand it to the server. The variety of dishes is also one of the better ones offered currently.

Starting with fruits and pastries.

A bit of almost everything, including Pink smoothie bowl, Egg cocotte, French toast and Nasi Lemak.

Nasi Lemak, Scrambled eggs and Congee.

Seafood char kway teow

It was a very comfortable stay at Westin Singapore, with cosy rooms and great dining options.

My Travel Map

Comment

#11 Grand Park City Hall

Grand Park City Hall
                                Premier Room

My next stay was at Grand Park City Hall, which was a recently refurbished hotel just prior to the pandemic started. It was opened for a while for staycation guests, but currently, it is closed again and solely operates as a quarantine hotel.

With expert harmonious integration of century-old conservation shophouse and contemporary architectural style, the new Grand Park City Hall fashions modernity fused with classical charm. A five star luxury hotel in Singapore, occupying a prime spot in Singapore’s Civic District and close to the Central Business District (CBD), expect warm, thoughtful hospitality, innovative yet familiar destination dining and technological enhancements to welcome you to a brand new seamless hotel guest experience.

Our strategic location just around the corner from the City Hall subway station puts you within steps of a plethora of prominent historical landmarks, swanky shopping malls such as Raffles City, Marina Square and Suntec City, and avenues for entertainment including Marina Bay, Chinatown and Clarke Quay. This award-winning business hotel in Singapore is also a short 5-minute drive from the Central Business District and Suntec City Convention Centre.

Checking in at the make-shift lobby where guests were segregated at different areas while staff processed the check-ins.

After checking in, we headed up to the room. Hotel decor has both asian and contemporary influences.

Stayed in the Premier Room, which is a notch up from the lead-in category.

The Premier room marks a beautiful blend comprising a sense of decadence with refined European influence and references to Singapore’s rich Peranakan heritage and history depicted in artwork. The window wall is transformed by cleverly integrating the old-fashioned drinks cabinet, sofa lounge and work desk into a functional space suited for work or play. The room is designed to pamper – equipped with an in-room app, touchpad, upholstered furniture and custom bath products that are environmentally friendly.

Entering the room

Wardrobe at the entrance, which could be accessed from both the bathroom and the entrance walkway.

Bedroom with King-sized bed.

Bedside table with in-built USB charging ports and wireless charging point. Fanciful!

Robert Timms coffee and Clipper teas provided.

Spacious bathroom with separate bathtub and shower stall.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X