Rumour: SQ to return on YVR non-stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ponders View Post
    Small but when it was in operation, I always had difficulty finding a seat on the flight. SQ17/18 if i remember correctly. Big Top and Celestar... those were the days.
    Well SQ17/18 did cater to the separate Singapore-Korea and Korea-Canada markets, both far larger than Singapore-Canada...

Comment

Seems like Singapore Airlines is indeed returning to YVR, after suspending flights in 2009.

Director Commercial and Operations at Swissport posted the following on his LinkedIn:

Ni Hao Singapore Airlines!

Swissport Canada is delighted that Singapore Airlines has chosen our Vancouver TEAM to handle scheduled service from Singapore to Vancouver.

Big THANKS to our YVR team led by Brandon Braham & Ryan Yang all their hard to get ready to handle these flights!

Great Team, Great Customers and fun place to work! #swissport
      https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sean-...118980096-XAlc

UPDATE: The post seems to have been deleted.
      Last edited by 9V-SPL; 11 October 2021, 08:20 PM.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        Seems like Singapore Airlines is indeed returning to YVR, after suspending flights in 2009.

Director Commercial and Operations at Swissport posted the following on his LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sean-...118980096-XAlc

UPDATE: The post seems to have been deleted.
        Too late, Aaron from Milelion already had picked up on it and written a piece.

Comment

Vancouver is back!

Seasonal SIN-YVR-SEA v.v. service announced from 2 December 2021 to 15 February 2022.

Operates as VTL twice a week back to SIN, from both SEA and YVR.

SFO SQ33 also being upgraded to VTL on a daily basis.

Comment

It's a seasonal route though, makes me wonder what happens when transits from Toronto/Montreal through the US becomes possible again.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

Surprise that SQ will soon be flying to Vancouver 4 times weekly although SQ says it’s seasonal. Not sure what SQ meant by seasonal?

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                Surprise that SQ will soon be flying to Vancouver 4 times weekly although SQ says it’s seasonal. Not sure what SQ meant by seasonal?
                It means the service only operates for a certain period, in this case Dec 2021 to Feb 2022.

Other seasonal historical SQ destinations that come to mind are CTS and ATH.

Comment

I guess they are capturing the Christmas and Chinese New Year crowd.

Comment

YVR/SEA route are included in the summer schedule as well. Seem like the demand is good enough for SQ to carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      YVR/SEA route are included in the summer schedule as well. Seem like the demand is good enough for SQ to carry on.
                      Noticed this loaded in the schedule yesterday and updated our list of VTL flights through to October 2022 accordingly.

Flights over Xmas/NY are already very full and CNY should be similar. It'll be a challenge to make YVR work in the summer though I think, but retaining the SEA tag should help.

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                        Noticed this loaded in the schedule yesterday and updated our list of VTL flights through to October 2022 accordingly.

Flights over Xmas/NY are already very full and CNY should be similar. It'll be a challenge to make YVR work in the summer though I think, but retaining the SEA tag should help.
                        Seem like SQ manage to capture some of the demand from/to YVR from surrounding Asia countries. CX have lose out on the transit pax due to frequent flight cancellations and also long transit time with limited connecting flight option.

Comment

Interesting that SQ28 is perform by 9V-SMI today instead of the usual newer A350.
                          To YVR flight time is around 12hrs plus.
                          But Checking flight time of SQ27, usually it is around 16hrs 30 mins.
                          I think this is pushing the limit ? Or SQ will offload some cargoes ?

Comment

Do not think SQ 27 takes 16 hours plus flying time.

Comment

Pls feel free to check from flightdata24 or other website.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                                Interesting that SQ28 is perform by 9V-SMI today instead of the usual newer A350.
                                To YVR flight time is around 12hrs plus.
                                But Checking flight time of SQ27, usually it is around 16hrs 30 mins.
                                I think this is pushing the limit ? Or SQ will offload some cargoes ?
                                My guess here is that SQ27 is currently not a designated VTL flight hence load factor should be pretty low on the westbound leg from YVR-SIN. The lower MTOW variant of the A350LH should still make it without issues (though I agree with sbs2716g that it did raise some eyebrows for me too).

Comment

Working...
                                X