Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund over the weekend and boy was I impressed. I must add at the start that while it is indeed on the Bund, the hotel is situated right at the end of the elevated walkway we call the Bund, near Shiliupu pier. There's a eating complex slated to open soon with a wide range of food options, but if you like the hustle and bustle of the Bund this place may not be for you.

The Room

The rooms were not the largest, but extremely stylish and well-designed. The beds were extremely comfortable, with a pretty slick pillow menu.

There's a walk-in wardrobe...

and one of the best bathrooms I've used. p/s I got one of the smaller rooms (was traveling by myself) and thus only a (very large) shower room with rainforest and omni-directional showers (ala T3 SKL). Bund view rooms come with a large bathtub with a view.

The Lobby

Check in was smooth, but early arrivals and late departures may be subject to a half-day charge, which was reasonable.

Swimming Pool

Library - which has a book and dvd exchange area

Massage chair and Mac access area

But the winner is of course... the view (from Bund River View Rooms and the Char Grill and Bar).

I had dinner at the Char Grill and drinks at the Char Bar when I was there and I think they are both really good and well worth a visit.

But I will add: The service in the hotel nicely complimented the sophistication and style of the hotel. I had no complaints.

I was sufficiently impressed to write a review on Tripadvisor - go have a read: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...-Shanghai.html

Sorry for the briskness of this report and the quality of the photos - put these up in a hurry so that Desert_Traveller can make a choice. Thoughts and queries welcome!
Working...
X