No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please stay there and feedback how rubbish it is as it is such a bad location that I do not want to be tempted to stay there

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Please stay there and feedback how rubbish it is as it is such a bad location that I do not want to be tempted to stay there
      +1
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Oh, please do, the tirade that will surely follow can only be too funny for words

Can't be there this weekend as I have to MC a wedding, missing BKK already...
        Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        Please stay there and feedback how rubbish it is as it is such a bad location that I do not want to be tempted to stay there
        Nope, sorry. I'd rather the idiots who rush over there to be there the day it opens list the things that aren't working, as well as the other opening nights they've attended. No, I am serious.

BTW, you two will recognise one of the staff in Woo Bar at the W. I bumped into her in BarSu, where she used to work, last night. Mr M the lovely small concierge guy has gone there as well, which is a blow to the SGS. She said official opening should be March-ish.

Talking of last night, I managed to dodge a bullet with the Living Room Posse. Even though it was the Kings Birthday the ex Manager Ms L had declared it was to be her big leaving Do before she moves to LA next week. They were all going out mob handed, including a few ex-Living Room and BarSu staff (Mr B (name of holiday destination) was one) and they wanted me to come. But I have been going out on these nights out with SGS girls for 4 or 5 years and it always end the same way.........well for me, and Lobster.

The were even on my case in BarSu where they knew I had gone after Living Room closed but I stood firm, and lied about having a meeting first thing.

Comment

• From what I am hearing it looks like it was a good idea to give the W a miss....for now.

Anyone got any plans for a visit ?.

Comment

• For the Hyatt fans on here, and there are a few.....

The lounge at the GH Erawan is currently closed for refurbishment as floors 14-18 are currently being done. As a replacement they are sending guests to Tables restaurant on the First Floor for Breakfast (which I didn't make so can't comment on...) and evening cocktails. I have to say the it was a nice change having a drink there in the evening, especially sat at a table looking out over the impressive Lobby. The lounge is being extended as well as refurbished.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              For the Hyatt fans on here, and there are a few.....

The lounge at the GH Erawan is currently closed for refurbishment as floors 14-18 are currently being done. As a replacement they are sending guests to Tables restaurant on the First Floor for Breakfast (which I didn't make so can't comment on...) and evening cocktails. I have to say the it was a nice change having a drink there in the evening, especially sat at a table looking out over the impressive Lobby. The lounge is being extended as well as refurbished.
              Did they say how long this temporary option would last? [Yes, I know that's kind of a loaded question in Thailand. ]
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Happy if this arrangement stays this way for an extended period.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Did they say how long this temporary option would last? [Yes, I know that's kind of a loaded question in Thailand. ]
                  Until August they said.

Comment

Until August they said.
                    NICE!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    The lounge at the GH Erawan is currently closed for refurbishment...
                    Forgot to mention: Be sure you are credited your 2500 GP Points.
                    Last edited by HUGE AL; 7 May 2013, 08:46 AM.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Until August they said.
                      August 2014 or 2015?

Comment

• im booked into the new Doubletree by Hilton this July , not sure if it's open yet but it looks pretty nice. will report back
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• sqdazz,

Yes the DT BKK is open, not sure how long it has been open though...

The new Hilton down on Sukhumvit shouldn't be too far away either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                            sqdazz,

Yes the DT BKK is open, not sure how long it has been open though...

The new Hilton down on Sukhumvit shouldn't be too far away either...
                            If I am not wrong DT open last month. Hilton just next door, I saw the building very close to each other when I passed the main Sukhumvit road
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

Forgot to mention: Be sure you are credited your 2500 GP Points.
                              Debatable. See TOF.

Comment

• Looking forward to trying the rooftop pool. Also staying at another new DT in Hanoi on this trip. They are popping up everywhere
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X