[False alarm] KL and QR stop SIN- DPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [False alarm] KL and QR stop SIN- DPS

I cannot find SIN - DPS anymore for both airlines. I saw the news that QR will do DOH- DPS. No news on KLM. Any idea why both carriers stop the route almost at the same time?
    visit my blog

What makes you think KL have stopped ?. I just looked at three random dates over the next few months and the flight is there.

I was under the impression the SIN-DPS leg was doing pretty well for KL.

Comment

The QR flight is being converted to a nonstop DOH-DPS service.

On the other hand, AMS-DPS nonstop would not be economically or technically feasible. I would be surprised to see KL drop the tag though - they fill a large portion of the cabin with passengers flying all the way to Bali/Europe, so it's not just there to improve aircraft utilisation.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        What makes you think KL have stopped ?. I just looked at three random dates over the next few months and the flight is there.

I was under the impression the SIN-DPS leg was doing pretty well for KL.
        Ok my mistake. I did search on 10 and return 13 may and it says "no fare found for the requested itenerary", and i did not see "bali offers" yesterday. It can be my phone problem.,

It seems like the return flight on 13may must be full. Good to know klm is still flying DPS-SIN
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
          The QR flight is being converted to a nonstop DOH-DPS service.

On the other hand, AMS-DPS nonstop would not be economically or technically feasible. I would be surprised to see KL drop the tag though - they fill a large portion of the cabin with passengers flying all the way to Bali/Europe, so it's not just there to improve aircraft utilisation.
          i am not really expert on this, but when they run AMS-SIN-DPS, doesn't this means AMS-SIN has fewer seats as they need to cater to some people who will fly AMS-DPS? If the demand on AMS-SIN is quite high, it may not be good to run it with SIN-DPS tag on right?

What I am more "afraid" is KLM will untag DPS and SIN and tag it with someother destination, perhaps KUL, like they did to CGK.
          visit my blog

Comment

KL get more pax flying AMS-SIN than AMS-DPS. However, the amount that do fly to DPS, added to the number of SIN originating pax that use KL for trips to Bali (which I believe is decent, I know a few myself who use them) makes the tag on worthwhile, for now.

No idea how QR did ex-SIN, I can't remember anyone saying they'd flown them to DPS. I presume the times or prices were crap ?.

Comment

If KLM finds that the AMS-SIN (or AMS-DPS) passengers are more profitable or more likely to buy last minute tickets at high fares, they can use revenue management to avoid the problems, including married segment inventory. I don't know whether KLM routinely uses married segment logic, but some of their partners such as DL do. It's a pretty standard technique now, but they might need to pay a consultant to get started if their reservation system doesn't already have this capacity.

Comment

So given that the OP's thread title isn't final or factual, perhaps mods could change it to something less mis-informative?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  KL get more pax flying AMS-SIN than AMS-DPS. However, the amount that do fly to DPS, added to the number of SIN originating pax that use KL for trips to Bali (which I believe is decent, I know a few myself who use them) makes the tag on worthwhile, for now.

No idea how QR did ex-SIN, I can't remember anyone saying they'd flown them to DPS. I presume the times or prices were crap ?.
                  I vaguely recall KL and QR's fares typically being quite similar. Know quite a few who've flown with both; their schedules are rather similar too - late afternoon departures from SIN and midnight-ish arrivals at Changi on the return.

SQ, GA and the LCCs are probably quite pleased at the news - there's really quite a lot of capacity in the market.

Comment

KLM seems doing fairly well on the SIN-DPS route. Just flew with them and it was choc-a-block! With constant marketing, competitive fares and rather good service, I hope KLM will survive on the route.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I have taken both to and from DPS. QR was great if you could get one of the Business sales fares for 600+ SGD all in. We took that a while back when QR still credited to BD and the hard product was the best you could get on that route with a 773ER and fully flat seat (yes I know only a 2.5hrs flight - but hey ). IFE from gate to gate with decent food and drinks. Better than SQ except for the timing of the DPS-SIN leg which got in too late for our taste.

KL we took twice as one-way DPS-SIN flights in Eco plain because they were the cheapest mainline carrier (not LCC) and SQ was its usual stingy self with Y saver award space around some of the more popular Singapore public holidays. It is quite a zoo in DPS for this flight and an odd feeling to wait and wait for boarding due to no Sky Team status . Overall every time completely full flight with fair number of Europeans going all the way to AMS.

Definitely good to have some options apart from SQ and GA remain and QR dropping it is sad to see, but if they can fill a bird from DOH directly then all the power to them.

Comment

I'm a bit dissappointed that QR are ending their SIN-DPS flights, was a nice little route for Oneworld members here in SIN. I'm trying KLM in September instead.
                        FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

But it hasn't been stopped!

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                              Is anyone else having difficulties booking QR flights between SIN - DPS? I have tried a few combinations and it doesn't seem to be available.
                              I believe the flight is now going non-stop from DOH to DPS. There is no longer a tag on flight from SIN to DPS on QR.

Comment

Working...
                              X