Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here speak Malay??

Hi there,
    Just wondering if a kind malay speaker out there could translate a paragraph for me! Just saw that one of my malaysian friends sent it to one of her friends lol and I want to know what it means. By the way, don't worry about telling me if its mean

She told me to add this girl on facebook and so i did! Sounds as though it is written in malay-english lol so i think I get the just of the first line.

Sayang i bet ure wierded out by the random add of a white dude dengan namer bapaknyer kepala putih (MY NAME).haha!! pglar online!! i misshyew! nanti i citer apehal ngan mat salleh sorang nie kayh!! muah2! luv ya doll..xx
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Sentence-by-sentence:

~translation~
    "Dear,

I bet you are weirded out (i.e. freaked out, possibly) by the random addition (in reference to facebook) of a white dude whose father's name is 'kepala putih' (MY NAME) / (literally translated as 'white head').

Haha.

Please go online.

I miss you. I will (later) tell/inform the (only/single) white guy later okay!!

Muah2 (sic)! = Kiss

Love you doll.. xx
    ~end translation~

I'm interpreting 'sorang' as single or 'seorang'. If I'm wrong, anyone that has a better idea feel free to correct, perhaps SQfg?

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      If I'm wrong, anyone that has a better idea feel free to correct, perhaps SQfg?

Enjoy.
      Pogonation is in possession of a detailed translation , including contextual usage, but yes, sorang is colloquial language for se-(satu) orang.

Comment

Working...
      X