The Emirates Lounge (Brisbane) + EK433 (BNE-SIN) Business Class Trip Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Emirates Lounge (Brisbane) + EK433 (BNE-SIN) Business Class Trip Review

After an awesome week-long getaway with Mummy, galavanting around Brisbane and Gold Coast, it was finally time to return home.

We decided to head to the airport earlier because I was curious to explore and spend an extended period of time at The Emirates Lounge (Brisbane International Airport). I was especially curious to see how this lounge stacked up against the other Emirates Lounge that I experienced at Changi Airport.

The flight taking us home today was Ek433 and boy was it scheduled to depart at an ungodly hour: 0230! Therefore, I told our Emirates driver to fetch us at 0000 giving us ample time to eat/drink/shower at the lounge. Our chauffeur picked us up promptly at our Brisbane apartment and the drive to the airport was smooth and fuss-free.

Check-in was a breeze as there was no passengers at the Emirates counter. In fact, the entire airport was pretty much deserted. After clearing immigration, we walked steadily towards The Emirates Lounge and soon, we were finally there.

The layout of the lounge was very similar to that of Changi Airport: "L" shaped. There was ample seating/resting areas and a separate area designated for dining:

Mummy and I headed straight to the dining area because ... well ... I was exceptionally curious to see what food was being offered at the lounge. Mummy went to get some nomnoms first whilst I logged on to the speedy lounge wifi.

Note the uber-cool-looking leather jacket. Mummy bought them on our trip here at a factory outlet store. (I can't remember which factory outlet in particular because we went to many. HAHA.) Mummy came back with some nuts and dates (that were consumed very quickly, so I was unable to get any photos) and I proceeded to check-out the buffet spread.

Sadly, I wasn't able to get any good shots of the buffet spread but I did notice that there was an option to order mushroom soup -- Cream of Mushroom, to be precise. I found that intriguing and requested for a serving of it from a friendly Emirates staff.

While waiting for the Cream of Mushroom, I poured myself a glass of Hennessy Cognac V.S.O.P.

Soon, my cream of mushroom was served:

The soup looked so good that Mummy immediately ordered a serving of it for herself. Haha! The soup was also served with a long breadstick. Yum.

In short, the soup was heavenly -- it was simply delicious. The soup was so flavourful and rich without being overwhelming and in particular, the taste of mushrooms were SO SO GOOD!!! The breadstick was also a brilliant accompaniment to the soup. The soup was so good that I had to order another serving of it.

While waiting for my second serving of awesome mushroom soup, I poured myself another drink. This time it was a glass of Red. Mummy got herself another bottle of Ginger Ale.

We exchanged memorable moments of our quick getaway as we shared my second serving of mushroom soup. Haha.

Soon, it was time to board the plane. And the only (but probably biggest) difference about this lounge from the one in Singapore was that we were able to board the plane directly from the lounge!!! This was a first for me and though I read about this fascinating feature in numerous websites, articles and blogs before, there is undeniably a certain novelty and excitement about boarding the plane directly from the lounge. It is a sentiment that still remains ineffable to me.

And before I knew it, I was comfortably resting in seat 7J ready for my flight home:

Overall, the experience at The Emirates Lounge (Brisbane International Airport) was top-notch and very enjoyable! Service was excellent and though I was unable to sample much of the food from the buffet spread, I can say for sure that the Cream of Mushroom soup was really really delicious.

Spending time at the lounge before my flight home breezed past so fast (as always) and I found myself wishing (yet again) for more time at the lounge.

To the administrator: my apologies for the large image size again. Even after resizing these photo to thumbnail sizes, I'm still clueless as to why they appear so large on this page. I will do my best to improve on it so that my next blog post will not have such large photos again.

Comment

After a spending a fantastic week in Brisbane/Gold Coast as well as a lovely time at The Emirates Lounge (Brisbane International Airport) I was looking forward to our flight home to Singapore. I still had around 8 more hours of holidaying to go before I returned to reality i.e. work. HEH.

Today's flight was serviced by a Boeing 777-300ER, similar to the one that took us to Brisbane on EK432. Since today's review will be quite similar to EK432, I have therefore chosen to focus exclusively on reviewing the meals onboard this flight. Be sure to check out my inflight-review of EK432 instead, for a more in-depth review of the Emirates Business Class seats and all.

Today, I was seated at 7J:

And would you believe it, I fell asleep as the plane was taxing on the tarmac! I woke up when the seat-belt sign turned off only to recline my seat to its fullest position for sleep. Heh. I think I was especially groggy because of the ungodly flight timing (0230hrs) as well as the pre-flight drinks that I happily enjoyed at the Emirates Lounge. Haha.

I SLEPT FOR A SOLID 5.5 HOURS on a flight that was barely 8 hours!!! I think that was a personal achievement for me! #achievementunlocked I was greeted with this beautiful scene from the window when I woke up:

The clouds looked so fluffy and soft! Hahahah.

Anyway, the very friendly Emirates stewardess greeted me "Good Morning!", asked me whether I rested well and informed me that they were serving breakfast soon. I told her that I slept really well (and she told me that it was obvious because it seemed liked I concussed on the bed. Heh.) and told her that I wanted something sweet for breakfast. She recommended the "Waffles with Strawberry Coulis" and I immediately agreed. Mummy overheard our conversation (having slept nearly as much as me) and ordered the same as well.

Soon, breakfast was served! YAY!

Aside from the "Waffles with Strawberry Coulis", breakfast was also served with a bowl of fresh fruits and a piece of warm croissant. YUMMMM. Here's a closer look at the highlight of breakfast:

#itwassogood #foodgasm #gimmemoregimmemoregimmemore

I was blown away by breakfast. It was simply one of the best breakfast that I've ever had onboard any plane/aircraft/airline. The "Waffles with Strawberry Coulis" was perfect. The waffles were buttery and sweet and the strawberry coulis complemented the waffles wonderfully. The entire dish was beautifully balanced. The croissant was also quite delicious and the same could be said about the bowl of fresh fruits. But really, the highlight of breakfast was the waffles and it did not fail to deliver. I enjoyed breakfast onboard this flight very very much.

And shortly after breakfast was cleared and the last cups of replenished and poured, the captain announced that we'd be arriving in Singapore Changi Airport soon. (How fast time flies when one is enjoying him/herself eh?)

Undoubtedly, Mummy and I both agreed that this flight had to be one of the best we've ever had. We were both so well rested and so well fed! From the fantastic breakfast to the consistently top-notch service by the Emirates crew, everything about this flight was simply perfect. Nicely done, Emirates. 9/10!!! I look forward to flying with y'all again real soon -- this time on the A380. Heh.

Oh oh and I almost forgot! And another pleasant surprised awaited Mummy and I as we touched down in Singapore. After we landed, I bade the lovely Emirates crew farewell and headed to the immigration area of Changi Airport. As part of the Emirates Business Class experience, we knew that we had a driver taking us back home but once again, we were surprised with the actual car that came to pick us up: a Mercedes S Class limousine. SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
      X