Qantas, Changi and STB in Marketing Tie-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas, Changi and STB in Marketing Tie-Up

So Qantas and Changi Airport are friends again ...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...iative-to-grow

Looks like this is timed to coincide with the planned resumption of QF1/2 SYD-SIN-LHR vv, from the end of March this year. Good to see Qantas A380s back on the Kangaroo Route to London via Singapore.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    So Qantas and Changi Airport are friends again ...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...iative-to-grow

Looks like this is timed to coincide with the planned resumption of QF1/2 SYD-SIN-LHR vv, from the end of March this year. Good to see Qantas A380s back on the Kangaroo Route to London via Singapore.
    QANTAS' loyal fan base were never happy about being switched to DXB and even less happy when they discovered most, if not all, of their flying would be on EK codeshares. It proves customers can't always be told what executives think is good for them. It also shows the how bizarre QF's thinking was, expecting that any agreement with EK would be of benefit to any airline other than EK.

Comment

Speaking of the return of Qantas A380s to SIN, there's actually a double daily A380 service (i.e. QF2 & QF82) on the SIN-SYD sector this week (16/4 to 20/4). I noticed it as I'm booked on the QF82 service this week.

Seasonal demand over 5 days? What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
        Speaking of the return of Qantas A380s to SIN, there's actually a double daily A380 service (i.e. QF2 & QF82) on the SIN-SYD sector this week (16/4 to 20/4). I noticed it as I'm booked on the QF82 service this week.

Seasonal demand over 5 days? What gives?
        The only thing that comes to mind is the end of the Commonwealth Games. I say that without being completely sure as even if OOL couldn't handle an A380 or the extra traffic, one would think BNE would be the logical overflow airport.

Maybe there was some kind of promotional package deal that included a few days after the games in Sydney as a way of staggering departing passengers and spreading tourism.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          The only thing that comes to mind is the end of the Commonwealth Games. I say that without being completely sure as even if OOL couldn't handle an A380 or the extra traffic, one would think BNE would be the logical overflow airport.

Maybe there was some kind of promotional package deal that included a few days after the games in Sydney as a way of staggering departing passengers and spreading tourism.
          Reporting back.

Interestingly, QF82 SIN-SYD (A388) was quite full on the night I flew; from my walk around the Y cabin, I’d estimate around 1 empty seat for each row in Y. Although it is a temporary upgauge from the usual A333/A332, it would seem that the Y load on this sector is doing pretty well!

Comment

Working...
          X