Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    My latest Rimowa... got recently from FRA
    The one in the back is mighty good looking.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      The one in the back is mighty good looking.
      This is the whole picture... the TUMI looks tired and worn and so I thought might as well have a change...

Anyone interested in buying a pre-loved TUMI?
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

i think this is gonna be my next purchase. I have the smaller topas trunk and really like it

http://www.rimowa.com/en-us/topas-ti...se/923.80.03.4

Comment

Hi Rimowa fans

Is it cheaper to buy Rimowa in London or Paris?

From what I've read, Germany is probably the cheapest place in the world to get it, but I'm not headed there. I have a Salsa Air i bought from Italy a couple of years back, and I really like it, so intend to get at least 1 more when I visit London / Paris in June.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
            Hi Rimowa fans

Is it cheaper to buy Rimowa in London or Paris?

From what I've read, Germany is probably the cheapest place in the world to get it, but I'm not headed there. I have a Salsa Air i bought from Italy a couple of years back, and I really like it, so intend to get at least 1 more when I visit London / Paris in June.

Thanks!
            Hi Banoffi,
            I'm French and now live in London, if you give me a couple of references, I can check the actual prices in both places for you.
            Cheers

Comment

Thanks, Durian (What's a French man/woman living in London doing with a nick like Durian)!!

I'm looking at these 2 models:

https://www.rimowa.com/en-sg/salsa-s...se/811.75.32.5

and

https://www.rimowa.com/en-sg/salsa-a...se/820.70.22.4

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Durian (What's a French man/woman living in London doing with a nick like Durian)!!

I'm looking at these 2 models:

https://www.rimowa.com/en-sg/salsa-s...se/811.75.32.5

and

https://www.rimowa.com/en-sg/salsa-a...se/820.70.22.4

Thanks!
                Having lived 11 years in Singapore before relocating to UK, I thought Durian was more fun than, say, FrenchieSG for example

Comment

Hi Banoffi,
                  Here you go: the black Sport Multiwheel with the electronic tag is GBP 559 in London vs. exactly the same amount but in Euros in Paris.
                  Similarly for the Salsa Air Multiwheel: GBP 429 vs same amount in Euros in Paris.

I'll take it you will choose to buy in Paris, may I recommend this stockist then (rather than the big department stores)

La Bagagerie
                  Centre commercial Saint Didier (inside the shopping mall - you can't miss the Rimowa signage)
                  37 rue Saint Didier
                  Paris 16th district (close to Trocadero)

They are very friendly, speak english (sadly not a given in France), 3rd generation in the business. I got mines from them. They have inventory on the 2 models you enquired about at the moment.
                  The tax refund will be 15%

Cheers, enjoy your trip to Paris !
                  Durian

Comment

Thanks, Durian! I really appreciate it, you having gone the extra mile. Thanks also for the tip, will definitely find time to pay La Bagagerie a visit.

I hope those items will still be in stock then.

Quick question: Are Rimowas more expensive in dept stores, hence the recommendation to purchase from La Bagagerie?

Comment

on that same question as above, how much cheaper will a Rimowa be in Berlin compared to Paris? Flying up to berlin soon and my hands are rather itching at getting one

Comment

Originally posted by flyboywannabe View Post
                        on that same question as above, how much cheaper will a Rimowa be in Berlin compared to Paris? Flying up to berlin soon and my hands are rather itching at getting one
                        I found pricing to be the same all over Europe, I ended buying buying in Amsterdam after seeing that the pricing was the same as Germany.

Comment

Thanks, Durian! I really appreciate it, you having gone the extra mile. Thanks also for the tip, will definitely find time to pay La Bagagerie a visit.

I hope those items will still be in stock then.

Quick question: Are Rimowas more expensive in dept stores, hence the recommendation to purchase from La Bagagerie?
                          My pleasure
                          I think the prices are (tightly) controlled within each country, especially now Rimowa has been purchased by LVMH. Hence, I do not think there would be a big difference, if any, between the department store and the local stockist I mentioned. Only reason to recommend them is they usually have enough inventory and stocks rotates fast (they start to be famous and are in an affluent district in Paris) while the department stores (my own observation) carry little inventory. Lastly, department stores are employees without any visibility on what products are soon to be delivered, while the Bagagerie people are the owner and know their stuff and their incoming orders (they told me a while ago Rimowa goods tend to be out of stock very often and the ordering process is 1 to 1.5 year for most products).
                          I recommend you get in touch with them to enquire about availability, they can hold product for you a few days (they had done it for me) if stock is available and not on hold for another customer.
                          https://www.la-voyagerie.com

Comment

Thanks, I will do so!

Comment

Back from my trip, and thought I'd say that the service rendered by La Voyagerie, as recommended by Durian, was impeccable. After I told them what I wanted, they reserved the item for me when the new stock arrived, and delivered it for free to my hotel in Paris (as arranged by me as I was really pressed for time). He even processed the VAT refund for me!

Thanks again for the recommendation, Durian!

Comment

Working...
                              X