Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ Seating Question: Which routes are flown by remaining 77Ws with 2006 products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Seating Question: Which routes are flown by remaining 77Ws with 2006 products?

For SQ's 77W fleet, the fleet info thread here lists only 3 aircraft with the 2006 Y products, and they are listed as 9V-SWI, 9V-SWS, 9V-SWT.

Are there specific routes flown by these 3 planes?

I will be flying Y (Hopefully 2013 Y) on an SQ flight later this week which should be operated by a 4 class 77W with the 2013 config (i.e. 4F, 48J, 20S, 184Y), and I am wondering what the odds are that the equipment will be swapped for one of these 3-class aircraft with 2006 Y. Sounds unlikely since that would leave the PEY pax without their ticketed class of travel.

SQ237 (SIN-MEL)/SQ238 (MEL-SIN)
    SQ634 (SIN-HND)/SQ635 (HND-SIN)
    SQ638 (SIN-NRT)/SQ637 (NRT-SIN)
    SQ952 (SIN-CGK)/SQ955 (CGK-SIN) - Some days operated by B773

These flights quite consistently get the 3-class B77Ws, but of course they are subjected to ad-hoc swaps/changes.
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 5 March 2018, 04:57 PM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

With the NS18 timetable change in a few weeks, SQ237/8 will go 4-class and it's possible they may then go back to refitting the final 3. I think the current shortage of 77Ws is due to their use on the CDG route, which returns to A380 with the NS18 timetable. CDG is currently using up around 2.5 77Ws and these will flow back onto routes like AKL, PEK and SYD. One 77W also comes off MEL to be replaced with an A359. Hopefully in the midst of all that they get enough slack to get the last 3 out of the way before they start with the A380s.

Comment

SQ237/8 gets primarily 9V-SWI. Occasional SWS or SWT. If you're lucky it does get the 4 class 77W. Happened twice within 6 days the past week. Or very unlucky one of the 773 9V-SY series.

What about the other way round on the equipment swap? When the scheduled flight has no PEY and the flight now has PEY, some lucky upgrades??

Comment

SQ800/805 to PEK will switch to a 3-class 77W on the day MEL switches as well so for the time being the situation would still be the same unless we hear of a further announcement between these routes.

Comment

SQ866/865 to HKG got a 3-class 77W off SQ635 (SWS). Sometimes this does happen when there are shortages, whilst MNL (910/917) usually operated by the 773 and sometimes 77W got SWA, a 77WR right off SQ317

Comment

Thanks, 9V-SPL, SQ228, SQ218, SQfanatic, for the timely inputs! Much appreciated! My plane did turn out to be a 4 class 77WR with the 2013 cabin products...I had a very pleasant flight in 2013 Y...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                Thanks, 9V-SPL, SQ228, SQ218, SQfanatic, for the timely inputs! Much appreciated! My plane did turn out to be a 4 class 77WR with the 2013 cabin products...I had a very pleasant flight in 2013 Y...
                You're welcome. Glad you got to enjoy your flights. What I said of my last post is true, SQ800/805 to PEK are operated by the 3-class 77W despite MEL being a 77WR. It has rotated between SWI and SWT, so SWS is captive to 634/635 to HND (and sometimes MNL) and the CGK route 952/955 has since the beginning of the Northern Summer schedule has switched back to a 773.

Comment

Hi all,

Is the syd-sin-syd on all 77W new J? Or does it have 2006 J on some flights?

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
                    Hi all,

Is the syd-sin-syd on all 77W new J? Or does it have 2006 J on some flights?
                    All SYD-SIN flights on the 77W will have the new J.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      All SYD-SIN flights on the 77W will have the new J.
                      Thanks

Would you pick the new 77W J or 2006 A380J?

Flying with wife and 7 year old daughter

SYD-SIN-SYD

And how about comparing to new A380 J.

Comment

Thanks

Would you pick the new 77W J or 2006 A380J?

Flying with wife and 7 year old daughter

SYD-SIN-SYD

And how about comparing to new A380 J.
                        My wife & daughter prefer the '06J on the A380 simply because the middle seats are closer together and they can talk easier vs the large gap on the '13J.
                        Have not flown the '17J yet so can't advise.

I don't think how close your wife & daughter are but I reckon they'll be happier closer together on the A380.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          My wife & daughter prefer the '06J on the A380 simply because the middle seats are closer together and they can talk easier vs the large gap on the '13J.
                          Have not flown the '17J yet so can't advise.

I don't think how close your wife & daughter are but I reckon they'll be happier closer together on the A380.
                          Thanks. Problem is hard to get 2006 J on A380 going SYD-SIN. mostly available for 77W going to SIN. Coming back I can see new J A380 and 77W.

Also is SYD-SIN-SYD on A380 the new J 100% for SQ 221 and 232?

Comment

Thanks. Problem is hard to get 2006 J on A380 going SYD-SIN. mostly available for 77W going to SIN. Coming back I can see new J A380 and 77W.

Also is SYD-SIN-SYD on A380 the new J 100% for SQ 221 and 232?
                            Usually that would be on 231/222 but sometimes even that route will temporarily go 77WR like in February we had this year. 221/232 have always been operated by the newest A380 since SKU's delivery

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Usually that would be on 231/222 but sometimes even that route will temporarily go 77WR like in February we had this year. 221/232 have always been operated by the newest A380 since SKU's delivery
                              ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X