No announcement yet.

A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think for flights from Europe-NY, redeye flights are not feasible due to the restriction of late night departures from European airports.

The flight from MUC/FRA would have to depart past midnight (which is not allowed under normal circumstances) and it would still reach JFK before dawn.

Edit: Oh perhaps you were referring to departing Europe in the evening and arriving in JFK late at night.

Comment

• yes. late afternoon departure from FRA similar to many of LH's flights. SQ326 could be retimed to depart Singapore around noon. It will have similar timing to current SQ21/22 so SQ21/22 has to move from AM departure to redeye departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
        Any thoughts about SQ25/26 terminating at FRA with A380 and SQ325/326 getting the tag-on to JFK with 77W with or without addition of SIN-TPE-JFK?

Will it be an attractive schedule if JFK is tagged onto SQ325/326? It will be a daytime flight from SIN similar to SQ21/22. Then they can change SQ21/22 to red eye flight similar to TG's schedule many years back?

And any thoughts about JFK being tagged to another European station? Like SIN-MUC-JFK?
        While SQ's CEO has not given it to me in writing, there will be no Europe - North America leg by the end of the year anymore. SIN-TPE-JFK it is, that's already set.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          While SQ's CEO has not given it to me in writing, there will be no Europe - North America leg by the end of the year anymore.
          Last I looked, Moscow was still in Europe. Have they moved it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
            Last I looked, Moscow was still in Europe. Have they moved it?
            Maybe Russia got ignored when I did my comment ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              While SQ's CEO has not given it to me in writing, there will be no Europe - North America leg by the end of the year anymore. SIN-TPE-JFK it is, that's already set.

Would that be 388 or 77W for SIN-TPE-JFK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                Would that be 388 or 77W for SIN-TPE-JFK?
                77W for SIN-TPE-JFK

388 for SIN-FRA

Comment

• Has the TPE-JFK sector been officially announced? Won't this mark the end of the 747 era?

Comment

• What do you think will be the departure / arrival times for SIN-TPE-JFK and JFK-TPE-SIN ? Thanks!

Comment

• Probably a midnight departure (replace current SQ880) with morning arrival into TPE and mid morning arrival into JFK, return trip might be an evening departure with morning arrival into TPE and onwards to SIN (replace SQ881).
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Is this the end of the Round the World SQ metal only fare?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mouser2000 View Post
                          Is this the end of the Round the World SQ metal only fare?
                          SQ RTW fares will become a victim of changes to be announced as well as the era of the Queen of the Sky. Bye, bye, bye.

Comment

• I guess the change will take place with the delivery of the next 2 A380s. Any news / rumours / insider knowledge about when these will get delivered?

It's almost 3 months to the start of the winter timetable. Are we going to hear anything in the next 2 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                              I guess the change will take place with the delivery of the next 2 A380s. Any news / rumours / insider knowledge about when these will get delivered?
                              SKM - AUG
                              SKN - SEP

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                                The reason why SQ have operated profitably from MAN for 25 years is exactly because it had no competition - the same reason SQ used to fly 8 widebodies a day to KUL. Now that you can fly one stop from MAN via DXB/AUH/DOH to anywhere in Asia and Australia multiple times a day on a highly discounted flat bed (even an A380 if you wish), SQ's extra stop, lower frequency and higher prices are simply uncompetitive by comparison.
                                Ah, yet more MAN myths. Sorry to correct you yet again, but for the vast majority of SQ's 25 years of flying to MAN (when you claim they had no competition) none of their flights were direct to SIN, they all stopped en route. Meaning they were offering the same stops and timings as all the major european airlines flying from MAN like LH via FRA and MUC, LX via ZRH, KL via AMS, AF via CDG, BA via LHR etc etc.. SQ were offering the same as all of them ; two stops to Australia and NZ, which is where 80% of SQ's MAN market has usually been going. SQ were able to fly 8 widebodies a day to KUL because the route was restricted to just two airlines, them and MH. SQ have never enjoyed such a luxury from MAN.

The BA rumour is nothing more than hearsay, and doesn't explain why so many other airlines failed to make long haul work ex-MAN (AC, SA, BD, MH).
                                Oh well, if you say it was just hearsay, that's that one sorted then.

As for the other airlines mentioned. AC dropped YYZ which has was taken up by another airline, BD only ever came to MAN to do long haul in the first place as they couldn't get the permission to fly from LHR initially and the only new destination they started that there is no longer a flight to is IAD. MH we've already covered.

And, yes, I'm fully aware that QF used to shuttle empty 747s up to MAN after depositing most of their passengers in LHR - at least they had the sense to wet-lease a 146 in the later years
                                Really ?. All those years ago when QF were flying 747's to MAN nobody else must have realised there was a slot crisis at LHR that necessitated slot sitting, but QF still saw the need to send an empty 747 to MAN and back to do just that. You do indeed learn something new every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X