[FRA] LH Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FRA] LH Lounge

Flew SIN-FRA-JFK yesterday. I had hoped to take a quick shower at the United RC Lounge, but was directed to LUFTHANSA LOUNGE near Gate B14 (IIRC).

The lounge was fairly deserted at 630AM, but there is no SHOWER! :-( I was going to go to UA Lounge, but was told it closed 2 months ago. The only way to use a shower is to go to F Lounge *IF* I have a Gold *A card. :-(

It looks like a pretty new lounge to me, but the lighting was hideous -- while some lounges can look pretty sexy, this one looks just like... an airport lounge. Too bad.

Yeah. I heard it is really lousy. Worse when crowded.

Anyone knows if the Priority Card allows entry into any other lounges at FRA?

Comment

Priority Pass lounges are the AA Lounge in T1 and the Sky Club Lounge in T2.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by broadwayboy View Post
        Flew SIN-FRA-JFK yesterday. I had hoped to take a quick shower at the United RC Lounge, but was directed to LUFTHANSA LOUNGE near Gate B14 (IIRC).
        They are renovating the airport (as they do for the last 20 years...) and the RC had to go for this. The LH lounge in that spot in Terminal B therefore is usually totally overrun. Lufthansa has a bunch of lounges (10, not counting the LH-F lounges/terminal) in FRA. They might not have a shower in the lounge, because most (?) of their customers come from Germany or fly to Germany. In the first case you probably don't need a shower, in the latter you either have to go to Terminal A, where you they have showers in the lounges or you use the arrival lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Priority Pass lounges are the AA Lounge in T1 and the Sky Club Lounge in T2.
          That's landside, right? Wonder if it is better than the LH C class lounge.

Do you think it is better to use that lounge instead of the LH lounge for C passengers for the FRA-SIN flight at 12.30pm? Which is more crowded at that time?

Comment

Sorry KC*, I've never left FRA at that hour; I usually just use the SEN Lounge when I use LH. (I have a weakness for the potato salad they serve there. ) Fortunately for me, when the lounge is crowded, I've always been able to find a seat.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 25 February 2010, 05:30 PM.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post

Do you think it is better to use that lounge instead of the LH lounge for C passengers for the FRA-SIN flight at 12.30pm? Which is more crowded at that time?
              The AA lounge is landside and is hardly ever crowded, as compared to the LH lounge which I find like a fish market most of the time. The staff are generally friendly and they do have a small bar area which is alright apart from the food, unless biscuits and cakes are your thing. The major saving grace, IMHO, is the shower facilities which I never had to queue for.

The Sky Club lounge (airside) is alright as well with basic facilities and (somewhat) the same offerings as AA whe it comes to food and drinks.

Note that both lounges do not have smoking areas in-built.
              Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 25 February 2010, 07:31 PM. Reason: Wrong lounge name
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                The AA lounge is landside and is hardly ever crowded, as compared to the LH lounge which I find like a fish market most of the time. The staff are generally friendly and they do have a small bar area which is alright apart from the food, unless biscuits and cakes are your thing. The major saving grace, IMHO, is the shower facilities which I never had to queue for.

The Sky Club lounge (airside) is alright as well with basic facilities and (somewhat) the same offerings as AA whe it comes to food and drinks.

Note that both lounges do not have smoking areas in-built.
                How do u manage to use the AA lounge when one is travelling on SQ ?

In fact the LH facilities are so apalling and terrible that SQ should seriously consider setting up a proper Silver Kris lounge in FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Sorry KC*, I've never left FRA at that hour; I usually just use the SEN Lounge when I use LH. (I have a weakness for the potato salad they serve there. )
                  Same here - tasty potato salad!

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Yes, unless the AA flight is heading out, when it becomes pretty crowded.

When I was flying AA a few years ago, they had a shower available there - possibly only 1 - or 2...

Originally posted by KC* View Post

The best option for you with a business class ticket is to use the LH Arrivals Lounge landside - where you get almost a F-class shower cabin, decent eats and seating - they're open only until 1300 hours though, and they are pretty strict about whether they let you in or not.

You shouldn't have a problem with a C-class boarding card, but then they might ask why you didn't stay in the transit area. You could always make up a story that you had to do shopping or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post

In fact the LH facilities are so apalling and terrible that SQ should seriously consider setting up a proper Silver Kris lounge in FRA.
                    These lounges are accessible to Priority Pass holders.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
                      Get Priority Pass membership - free with Citibank Premiermiles and UOB Platinum Visa cards. 2 free access per annum per card.

Comment

So, if I'm a C pax flying SQ26 from SIN-FRA, can I use the LH arrivals lounge? No *A status.

Comment

Whats the best lounge if travelling F on SIA?

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                            So, if I'm a C pax flying SQ26 from SIN-FRA, can I use the LH arrivals lounge? No *A status.
                            No. LH arrivals lounge is only for (certain) arriving LH pax. No access when flying other airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                              Whats the best lounge if travelling F on SIA?
                              No access to LH FCT/FCLs so SEN lounge is as good as it gets. SEN lounge by the high numbered B40s gates is the closest & most convenient (for FRA-SIN). The business lounge (not much different to SEN lounge) over in C is probably closer for FRA-JFK gate (assuming they still use C gate and hasn't switched to A like LH did for US-bound flights).

Comment

Working...
                              X