No announcement yet.

Arrivals lounge in SIN ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my $0.0001 worth (what with the economy in the crapper and all....)

I'm with MANFlyer on this one re: arrivals lounges.
    I always touchdown into SIN between 6am-7am. Less than 30mins after, I'm sat sipping a mug of coffee in the kitchen of the house just off the upper ECR in Bedok.

But, if you really must have a shower at the airport (because of hotel check-in times or not having a crash pad locally), what's to stop you staying airside and using the showers in the lounges in T2 or T3 and clearing immigration after?

Arriving into MAN, you can pay a nominal fee to use the showers at the airport Radisson hotel. Ok, It can be argued that if you're in F or J, why should you have to pay a few extra quid. Conversely, if you are in F or J, what's a few extra quid anyway?
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

May be this is OOT...
      Never use any arrival lounges, make me curious...
      What will happen with our checked luggage if we spent quite a time at the arrival lounge (1 or 2 hours)? Will there someone to collect them for us, or they will continue wondering around the carrousel (or even going to the lost and found section) for that time?
      Or we must collect them first then go to arrival lounge??
      Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post

But, if you really must have a shower at the airport (because of hotel check-in times or not having a crash pad locally), what's to stop you staying airside and using the showers in the lounges in T2 or T3 and clearing immigration after?
        Whats to stop you? The lounge dragons will stop you... the lounges in SIN T2 or T3 are departure lounges only - arriving passengers are not given access to the lounges.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          Or we must collect them first then go to arrival lounge??
          I can only speak about the BA arrivals lounge at LHR T4. The lounge is landside so you collect your luggage first and then leave it with the attendant at the luggage store in the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I can only speak about the BA arrivals lounge at LHR T4. The lounge is landside so you collect your luggage first and then leave it with the attendant at the luggage store in the lounge.
            Thanks jhm... that solved one problem... no need to worry about our luggage keep wondering around to no where...

One more question...
            Can we use LH FCL at FRA as arrival lounge (assume we arrive on LH F, and FRA is end of trip or stop over...). In this case, what will happen with our checked luggage?
            Anyone have experience with this??
            Thx....

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
              Whats to stop you? The lounge dragons will stop you... the lounges in SIN T2 or T3 are departure lounges only - arriving passengers are not given access to the lounges.
              I didn't make myself clear. Sorry.
              There are showers in the transit lounge areas of Changi (as opposed to the Airline lounges), open for general traveller use, aren't they?
              Or they have staff on those areas as well?
              In which case, i humbly stand corrected.
              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                I didn't make myself clear. Sorry.
                There are showers in the transit lounge areas of Changi (as opposed to the Airline lounges), open for general traveller use, aren't they?
                Or they have staff on those areas as well?
                In which case, i humbly stand corrected.
                There are showers in the Plaza Premium Lounge in T2 which are open to arriving passengers, but they're pay-per-use, unless you have Priority Pass.

There is also an Arrivals Lounge after immigration in T3 -- again, free for Priority Pass members.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So, if I arrive in Changi at 1am'ish (SQ11) from LAX, and my next flight is not until 10:45am, don't I get to visit TPR or SKL F lounge? I am F from LAX, and J on the next flight (they don't ticket F on the second flight). I hope I can use the F-lounge or any lounge to grab a few hours of sleep.

Comment

J lounge only. F on the return. Based on your departing class.

Comment

Thanks for the response. The policy sucks - I remember last month LH offered F-lounge access even though one of the regional flights was in Y. I'll ask at LAX

Comment

I wouldn't want to spend 6+ hours in a lounge - the transit hotel is worth every penny in this situation. However nice the lounge may be, it doesn't have a normal bed with fresh sheets and a quiet environment to fully relax.

Comment

Even on a non-overnight connection at the airport, I often book rooms at the transit hotel. Most common is during the long layover I have between SQ319 and SQ285. Not only is it nice to have a normal bed but I can always go back and forth between the Transit Hotel and the SKL whenever I go hungry and decide to get something to eat at the SKL.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Anybody have the link to reserve at the transit hotel? I looked around Changi's website and couldn't locate it easily

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                              Anybody have the link to reserve at the transit hotel? I looked around Changi's website and couldn't locate it easily
                              Here you go

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/

Comment

^^ Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X