[SIN] T1 TG Royal Silk Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] T1 TG Royal Silk Lounge

Located just behind one of the immigration entrances and next to the Plaza Premium lounge on the second level.

Quite a decent selection of drinks and small bites, but no hot food. Just some pastries and a soup of the day - was Cream of Mushroom then.

Three massager chairs available for passengers' use which are located behind the wall in the first picture. Computers with internet access also available. However, there is no toilet.

Great pictures......looks like it was completely empty when you were there.

Quick question - does anyone know if the TG F-Class lounge as well as the spa for F PAX are open 24 hours?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
      Great pictures......looks like it was completely empty when you were there.

Quick question - does anyone know if the TG F-Class lounge as well as the spa for F PAX are open 24 hours?

Cheers.
      This thread is for TG lounge at Changi. I believe there is no TG F nor Spa Lounge at Changi.

Comment

This lounge looks recently refurbished. It's not open 24 hours.

Comment

I think this TG Lounge in Terminal 1 was redone in 2007. That's one of the reason why TG doesn't want to move to another terminal at Changi to have one for all StarAlliance in one terminal.

Comment

Is this the lounge that Swiss uses at Changi? If not, which lounge does LX use at Changi?

Comment

Just next door to the Royal Orchid lounge, Swiss uses the SATS Premier lounge. (as you go up the escalator, Royal Orchid on the 'left'/'straight in front of you' and SATS on the 'right' after the corridor leading to QF Business lounge.

And, it is better than the TG lounge for the following reasons:

-Hot food is served in SATS Premier, whereas TG has only got just puff pastries and mini sandwiches (although they did serve smoked salmon sandwiches, with a generous portion of salmon - very noteworthy, soup was cream of corn last week, which was simply not appetising at tha time)
              -Three OTO massage chairs with muted lighting (I think it's 3, could be 4, I forget) at SATS, no massage chairs at TG
              -More extensive drinks selection at SATS
              -Shower facilities available in SATS
              -TG only busy when there are flights, mid-afternoon on a Saturday it's completely empty

*1) TG lounge has TIME/Newsweek mags, SATS has a whole variety of others, but not TIME magazine, as far as I've noticed

*2) Also worth nothing J/F are 'segregated' but nobody pays attention and people just sit wherever they want - the shower area is interconnected anyway, so you can come out either side

Comment

Thanks, Kyo. Good to know.

Comment

If I am flying SQ from SIN to BKK as a *A Gold member, could I use both the Premier Lounge at T2 as well as the Royal Silk Lounge at T1 on the same trip/departure? Thought of trying them both...

Comment

Yes, but why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      If I am flying SQ from SIN to BKK as a *A Gold member, could I use both the Premier Lounge at T2 as well as the Royal Silk Lounge at T1 on the same trip/departure? Thought of trying them both...
                      Yeah, certainly. But I would recommend giving the Premier Lounge a miss. The F & B selection at the Royal Silk lounge is far better.

They serve water in those small little sealed cups in the Premier Lounge plus food selection nothing great

Have a nice trip

Comment

Thanks you both. Wouldn't wanna give the TG lounge a miss in that case!

Comment

Anyone been to this lounge recently and have some updates to share?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I was in there last week for a few minutes prior to TG410. It's had a bit of a refurb - I think - but it's still a pretty grim place. Don't go out of your way to spend any time there. It was that full last week I was sat at a PC but I only went in for ten minutes to answer some emails so wasn't too bothered.

Comment

Why are you guys fighting over two mediocre lounges? Why not just make the trek to Terminal 3 Silver Kris lounge?????

Comment

Working...
                              X