Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more shower facilities at SIN SQ lounge for EG and *G travelling in Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    Yeah I am complaining about SQ and yes I know it's not the airport operators decision. I was simply saying that without showers for Star Golds in Y, the transit experience at Singapore Airlines (who think themselves to be an elite airline of the world) is absolute rubbish. As a 'elite gold' member one would expect to be treated with a little more respect and you certainly do get that with other airlines at their main hub.

As for the TG lounge in SIN, I wouldn't expect a shower there as the only destination is BKK and it is merely 2 hours away so one could grab a shower during the transit in BKK. It is not a TG hub so doesn't matter.

Flying QF in Y as a Qantas Gold or Platinum I can shower in any of the Australia-Europe connection points: SIN, BKK and HKG. Why can't SQ offer that?
    Agreed, it's stupid for SQ to eliminate this perk in its home base. But SQ has been operating on the basis that what they cannot see, cannot hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      It's SQ he is complaining about.

Why should people who hold the highest status in the alliance (generally obtained by spending a bit with them) be expected to pay for a shower at the main hub of one of it's senior members ?. Not to mention it's very own KF Gold's as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was just a regional airline with short flights, but this is Changi, where many people arrive having flown for hours, before they reboard another aircraft and fly again for hours. It's farcical.
      Yes, I agree that elite passengers should be give this much needed perk by their respective airlines.

Changi would obviously prefer it if SQ provides that perk but it's not Changi's call, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        like flying.monkey said SQ does not give a sh*t on the eco-no-money pax . Water coz money especially in Singapore it is expensive!
        This is a ridiculous statement, SQ SHOULD give a sh*t about economy pax. SQ Loads into Australia for example are not that good currently, I don't see how continually removing benefits whilst others HAVE them is going to help the business.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          This is a ridiculous statement, SQ SHOULD give a sh*t about economy pax. SQ Loads into Australia for example are not that good currently, I don't see how continually removing benefits whilst others HAVE them is going to help the business.
          well i can't disagree more with you. but u know sq management is soo high up there... they think so highly of themselves.

anyway the fact that they seperated the *G lounge and the Silver Kris Lounge has showned that they are not the same. I think they are the only airlines does that right
          visit my blog

Comment

Hi,

I thought you guys would appreciate this bit of info:

I flew through Changi earlier this month and noticed the lack of showers and even toilets at the new KF gold lounge at T2. When I asked the receptionist about this, she seemed to have a standard answer on her lips, claiming that they are fulfilling their Star Alliance contract requirements. What a lame excuse...

I must say, it's the only major hub I've been to where the Star Alliance Gold lounge does not have shower facilities. Even if SA contracts don't state this, if everyone else does it, it should really be the 'standard' of service. Especially from an Airline claiming to be the best...

After complaining via email, I got the following reply:
            --
            Thank you for your feedback on 22 August 2011.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the facilities provided
            in our KrisFlyer Gold lounges in Changi Airport. In particular, we have noted
            your feedback on the need to provide shower and toilet facilities in the lounge.

Due to limited space in the lounge, we regret that we are unable to include
            any shower room or toilets. However, please allow me to share that these
            facilities can be found near the lounge for our passengers’ use.

That being said, I would like to assure you that our lounge management will
            continue to monitor our passengers’ feedback and review on the facilities provided so as to better meet the needs o our passenger.
            --

Does anyone know more about the 'facilities for our passengers found near the lounge'??

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
              Due to limited space in the lounge, we regret that we are unable to include
              any shower room or toilets. However, please allow me to share that these
              facilities can be found near the lounge for our passengers’ use.
              Yet more supercilious hogwash IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I would be interested to hear their spin on this lack of showers and even toilet facilities for transit pax at one of the world major hubs. Does a KF Gold fancy asking ?.
                Now you have your answer, MAN Flyer.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Could they be any more vague and unspecific on the 'facilities' thet are trying to refer to with that rubbish response? Just put it in writing and say that KF *G and other *G traveling in Y can go to the pay showers in Changi if they feel the need to freshen up. Chickens ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    The most ironic thing, is that Silkair's logo is still displayed in front of the SATS T2 lounge entrance - does it mean they continue having access to SATS T2, and thus their showers?

I.e. MI KF*G Y pax still get their Sats showers?

Or only MI J pax in T2 SATS and SKL T3?

Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe this silly situation.
                    That's right... cuz MI has an agreement with SATS to use its lounge whereas KF lounge is "exclusively" for *A paxs. So yes, you can still wash your backside when you fly MI and if entitled to the SATS lounge, whereas you just gotta live with it at the KF G lounge.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Gizmo.

Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
                      When I asked the receptionist about this, she seemed to have a standard answer on her lips, claiming that they are fulfilling their Star Alliance contract requirements. What a lame excuse...
                      You have just got to shake your head, again.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the facilities provided in our KrisFlyer Gold lounges in Changi Airport. In particular, we have noted your feedback on the need to provide shower and toilet facilities in the lounge.

Due to limited space in the lounge, we regret that we are unable to include any shower room or toilets. However, please allow me to share that these facilities can be found near the lounge for our passengers’ use
                      Sorry, but this is just funny.

That being said, I would like to assure you that our lounge management will continue to monitor our passengers’ feedback and review on the facilities provided so as to better meet the needs of our passenger.

This nonsense is included in most PR guff these days, and is just blatant lies....

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                        Posted a quick review and pictures on my blog.
                        Thanks for tne pictures of the new lounge on your blog.

I do not understand that SIA cointunes to cost cut. I am now hopeful that QANTAS starts in a big way in SIN and gives SIA some competition. SIA has for too long leveraged its brand.

Every country is far away from Australia that feels like the last bus stop at the end the world. Not having shower facilities makes it uncomfortable using SIA as a hub travelling from Australia to other destinatins in Aisa and Europe.

Guess SIA is happy to have smelly uncomfortable PAX on their planes.

Gunners

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                          Thanks for tne pictures of the new lounge on your blog.

I do not understand that SIA cointunes to cost cut. I am now hopeful that QANTAS starts in a big way in SIN and gives SIA some competition. SIA has for too long leveraged its brand.

Every country is far away from Australia that feels like the last bus stop at the end the world. Not having shower facilities makes it uncomfortable using SIA as a hub travelling from Australia to other destinatins in Aisa and Europe.

Guess SIA is happy to have smelly uncomfortable PAX on their planes.

Gunners
                          Well I can bet my $1, although many are complaining about the lack of shower in the lounge, I doubt many will stop flying SIA.

That's always the problem. We complain complain, but yet at the end we still fly SIA no matter what....
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            Well I can bet my $1, although many are complaining about the lack of shower in the lounge, I doubt many will stop flying SIA.

That's always the problem. We complain complain, but yet at the end we still fly SIA no matter what....
                            I have almost completely stopped, I just use TG most of the time now when my preferred carrier was SQ before. With no showers en route I won't use them for longhaul connections.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

So I was in the T2 KF Gold lounge a few days back when flying to CGK on the last SQ flight. Okay the lounge itself looks fine and the food offering was pretty alright (fish dish, some mee, veggies, a chicken dish, etc.). Overall not bad.

However, I have noticed as of late that there are almost never any magazines like Time. Newsweek or Forbes, Fortune available. Yes a Fri evening may not be the best time but I have been other days and times (e.g. morning in T2 SKL) and experienced the same. What is wrong there? Not expecting huge selection but in the past days even in the SATS Premier lounges it was easy to snatch one of those weekly magazines. Cost cutting?

BTW, I went to the Men's (public) toilet behind the lounge and saw that mini shower cubicle with an ancient looking hand shower. MAybe those are the facilities SQ is referring to? Not very inviting though relatively clean.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                                BTW, I went to the Men's (public) toilet behind the lounge and saw that mini shower cubicle with an ancient looking hand shower. MAybe those are the facilities SQ is referring to? Not very inviting though relatively clean.
                                So you gotta bring your own soap and towel?

Comment

Working...
                                X