Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more shower facilities at SIN SQ lounge for EG and *G travelling in Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, SQ takes lounge design a couple of notches down. An airline that depends on and should value transit traffic should've known better than to strip out the showers and toilets from the lounge.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      A real smack in the face for people who fly economy and earn star gold status, particularly Krisflyer's own star golds, who now will not be able to easily shower or use a private toilet when flying a route like MEL-SIN-LHR where the shower mid way through is absolutely ESSENTIAL to me. I am bloody disgusted in Singapore Airlines actually, what other airline on earth does this at their major hub? I do not know of any.

In fact SQ can go and get stuffed, I simply won't use them for long haul connections through SIN in Y in future. Cathay will let me into the F lounge in HKG as oneworld Emerald, and Qantas will allow me the same in SYD and MEL flying Y where I can not only have a shower but I can also grab a facial for earning top tier status. Thai have showers in the *Gold lounges and they are quite nice too. I am assuming Malaysia offer the same? I will use them once they join oneworld instead of SQ.

SQ has almost lost me completely, Thai is now superior in almost every respect in economy class.

well to me is that they do not "value" much on the Y pax. That's why I posted before asking if not so "infrequent" F/C really worth much more than very "frequent" Y customer?

I think for SQ the answer is yes.
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        Not that I need the shower in SIN, but I agree that this is an absolute and utter failure on SQ's part. Whoever did the planning and lounge design seems absolutely clueless about the needs and wants of frequent flyers. This is not a huge investment and wouldn't add so much to the lounge operating expenses.

I guess in SQ's mind - whoever is using them from outstations and connects via SIN is not important and thinking is that people starting at the hub don't need showers. Sometimes the dullness of SQ management decisions really baffles me - I always took them for a smart crowd. A shame and a disappointment.
        Well same with demue. I never took shower in any lounge and do not think will need one. But again, lounge is expected to have shower and toilet!!

But again this phenomena is not a new one. Royal Silk Lounge in Changi does not even have a toilet inside, not to mention shower facility. CX Lounge in BKK also does not even have toilet inside.

Of course people can argue, it is not their hub, so can be pardonable
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Royal Silk Lounge in Changi does not even have a toilet inside, not to mention shower facility. CX Lounge in BKK also does not even have toilet inside.
          Royal Silk Lounge often does not even have food inside most of the time (unless you have a craving for crackers). It's only good if you like to sit down on purple-coloured seats. One of the most pointless lounges around, imho...
          Of course people can argue, it is not their hub, so can be pardonable
          Exactly.

Comment

It is really pathetic, I still can't get over it. Changi - the best transiting airport in the world?? Not by a long shot if I can't get that shower I don't care how many butterfly gardens you have.
            I am under the impression that it's abt SQ?

Even though Changi does work hand in hand with SQ on a number of things, the decision not to offer shower facilities within SQ's lounges is their commercial decision and not Changi's.

But it's not like there are no shower facilities in Changi (paid).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Royal Silk Lounge often does not even have food inside most of the time (unless you have a craving for crackers). It's only good if you like to sit down on purple-coloured seats. One of the most pointless lounges around, imho...
              I was there last month coz I took TG410. Went to the lounge, did not see much food left (if you can call those food). I thought I was late and being the last flight they do not cater much food anymore....

So now I know...

Same also with the Sky Lounge. Was there around 8pm, waiting for my CMB bound flight.... no more dim sum
              visit my blog

Comment

Do you mean the Skyview lounge? I've found them actually very reliable and far better food-wise. Very acceptable food quality in general. Anyway, don't want to drag this thread off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Do you mean the Skyview lounge? I've found them actually very reliable and far better food-wise. Very acceptable food quality in general. Anyway, don't want to drag this thread off-topic.
                  Yeah I amen Skyview Lounge. Well the least they have shower and toilet inside. I like the location... Use them few times. Day time is ok. but that night nothing much left for the food. No dim sum...

Ok OK. Should stop here before get OOT
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post

Even though Changi does work hand in hand with SQ on a number of things, the decision not to offer shower facilities within SQ's lounges is their commercial decision and not Changi's.
                    It's SQ he is complaining about.

Why should people who hold the highest status in the alliance (generally obtained by spending a bit with them) be expected to pay for a shower at the main hub of one of it's senior members ?. Not to mention it's very own KF Gold's as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was just a regional airline with short flights, but this is Changi, where many people arrive having flown for hours, before they reboard another aircraft and fly again for hours. It's farcical.

Comment

Look you eco-no-money class people... Arrogant SQ don't cherrish your money, and most certainly don't give two hoots about your comments. We'll just have to ditch them and go find someone else.

Comment

Shower facilities is truly one feature that most pax especially biz people, find most useful at a lounge. I usually fly SQ322 from LHR which departs around 2300 at the end of the day and I look forward to having a shower downstairs before climbing onboard for the 13hour flight back to SIN. Same thing when I fly from IAH which takes off at 1700; thankfully Continental has the wisdom to install showers.

However, the one disappointing lounge for me is the one at EWR which is run by SAS. Flight takes off at 2300 and they don't have any shower facilities!

SQ must really look into filling this gap. SQ must have done some sums and decided that there's insufficient non-SIN based *G pax to warrant shower facilities (presumably the SIN-base ones can do it at home). But for long-haul pax like myself, having a hot shower at the end of a long work day before a longer flight is not only stress-relieving but helpful to fellow pax when I pull off my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                          Look you eco-no-money class people... Arrogant SQ don't cherrish your money, and most certainly don't give two hoots about your comments. We'll just have to ditch them and go find someone else.
                          i love this eco-no-money
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post

Yeah I am complaining about SQ and yes I know it's not the airport operators decision. I was simply saying that without showers for Star Golds in Y, the transit experience at Singapore Airlines (who think themselves to be an elite airline of the world) is absolute rubbish. As a 'elite gold' member one would expect to be treated with a little more respect and you certainly do get that with other airlines at their main hub.

As for the TG lounge in SIN, I wouldn't expect a shower there as the only destination is BKK and it is merely 2 hours away so one could grab a shower during the transit in BKK. It is not a TG hub so doesn't matter.

Flying QF in Y as a Qantas Gold or Platinum I can shower in any of the Australia-Europe connection points: SIN, BKK and HKG. Why can't SQ offer that?
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Why can't SQ offer that?

like flying.monkey said SQ does not give a sh*t on the eco-no-money pax . Water coz money especially in Singapore it is expensive!
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Why should people who hold the highest status in the alliance (generally obtained by spending a bit with them) be expected to pay for a shower at the main hub of one of it's senior members ?. Not to mention it's very own KF Gold's as well.
                                The most ironic thing, is that Silkair's logo is still displayed in front of the SATS T2 lounge entrance - does it mean they continue having access to SATS T2, and thus their showers?

I.e. MI KF*G Y pax still get their Sats showers?

Or only MI J pax in T2 SATS and SKL T3?

Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe this silly situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X