SIN T2 Lounges Undergoing Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    Even after renovation, I guess its just new decor and furniture...not as good as Cathay Pacific's lounges in HKIA, The Cabin, The Wing and The Pier which has a lot of extras to "wow" the lounge users...
    especially since most of the major flights are in T3 now.. not expecting anything exciting..
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Walked by T2 lounge last week, from outside you can see the old business class area, which is the new Krisflyer Elite Gold lounge, almost ready.

The furniture settings etc, is similar to Elite gold lounge in T3.

Comment

I ll be at the T2 lounge this Sat morning before hoping over to BKK for a long weekend. Will try to peek into the renovation area.

Comment

Terminal 2 SilverKris Lounge Renovation

Terminal 2 SilverKris Lounge Renovation

Singapore Airlines is pleased to announce that the new Business Class section of Terminal 2 SilverKris Lounge will open on 08 August.

In addition, a new KrisFlyer Gold lounge will be opened on 10 August, welcoming KrisFlyer Elite Gold members and Star Alliance Gold members travelling on Economy Class who currently use the SATS Premier Club Lounge in Terminal 2.

From 08 August to October 2011, the Business Class section in Terminal 2 will be converted into an interim common lounge for PPS Club members and Singapore Airlines customers travelling in the premium cabins, while work is carried out to refurbish the First Class section. We seek your understanding and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...krislounge.jsp

Comment

Eager to see how much they've improved

Comment

Can anyone here to confirm whether those slumberettes still available for taking a nap in the F section?

Comment

Isn't the F side closed now for refurb now the other side has reopened ?. The rumour was the slumber beds were being enhanced, same as the bar/bar staff in the J side which is also supposed to be going.

I will have a look at the weekend if I get the chance.

Comment

Is the smoking room still there?
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    The last I was there, I was told the smoking rooms and manned bar will both be removed. So much for enhancements...
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Greetings from the refurbed SKL J lounge. I have to say this is quite a nice place now, granted that isn't saying much with how they had let it become a pretty grim place. Still, we should be grateful for any imprevements from them these days I suppose.

One small and quite amusing point is they have set aside a little area immediately to the right as you enter for TPP's and First pax. Anybody can just walk in and sit down of course. The board says Suites as well but not sure where the A380 is supposed to be flying to from T2 at the moment, unless of course they are expecting a rush of pax departing from T3 to come over to check out the new place.

Comment

I had a chance to experience the new T2 SKL this past week.

One of my first impressions was that it is a smaller space and as a result, the seating arrangement seemed to be more tightly clustered together.

It was packed that afternoon and we initally picked the first two empty seats together that we saw. That was before we realized it was immediately in front of the magazine rack which meant that we would be looking at people's behinds as they browsed the 'zines, so we promptly moved to a couple of middle seats next to a French-Arab family with kids and strollers
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                          The last I was there, I was told the smoking rooms and manned bar will both be removed. So much for enhancements...
                          Both the smoking rooms on the F and J side were taken away at the start of the renovations.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Greetings from the refurbed SKL J lounge. I have to say this is quite a nice place now, granted that isn't saying much with how they had let it become a pretty grim place. Still, we should be grateful for any imprevements from them these days I suppose.
                            It seemed that we just missed each other that day. I was in the lounge too around 4pm on the 14th.

Now greeting from the lounge again and I have to say it reminds me of the J lounge in T3 except this is smaller but more food on offer. Krisflyer Gold and I assume also *G will now go to a different Kf Gold lounge which is located at the top of the escalator.

Comment

I have one good thing to say about the T2 SKL.

On Friday night, the food spread was awesome - let me recall:

-Beef short ribs (sweet)
                              -Chicken (Reasonable portions with a capital R)
                              -Fish (snapper of some sort iirc)
                              -Duck (looks a little confit-like, without the confit... a little dry, but heck, duck on the menu, who's complainin')
                              -Two indian dishes that I confess I paid little attention to
                              -Better sushi than SKL T3, including unagi, salmon and tuna as well as the usual california rolls
                              -Wintermelon, chicken + dates (or perhaps wolfberry, I forget) soup
                              -Prawn fettucine
                              -I think some noodles done Asian-style etc
                              (*added: Sweet and sour pork, iirc...)

Anyway, it was refreshing not to have to eat from the usual Sats menu and it closely mirrored the SKL T3 spread.

Slight differences were:

-Fish = basa at T3
                              -some Korean noodles thingy
                              -Mostly the normal T3 SKL menu, the standard stuff

I appreciate variety when it comes to food. Touch wood, I hope they keep up the food quality/variety.

Now that I've done my good deed, the bad news:

I don't appreciate not having *G showers nor having to go out and use the public toilet facilities. When asking the agent if she was sure, she did sound like she'd gotten used to telling people the same thing, that there really are no more showers.

Stupid move, SQ.
                              Last edited by Kyo; 22 August 2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: Added pork dish

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                I have one good thing to say about the T2 SKL.
                                To be fair the SKL J side at T2 is now much better than before, and does remind you of the T3 SKL. It was desperately in need of a refresh and they have done it well.

What is baffling is the removal of shower facilities for KF Golds and *A Golds who no longer have access to the SATS lounge and instead have to use the new KF Gold lounge. I cannot for the life of me understand what made them think this was a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X