Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motodave View Post
    I would like to know where you get your facts ,
    1- where did I ever say my family screamed at the staff at the lounge.
    motodave, pardon my poor command of English. I am not trying to say that your family were screaming at the staff. that statement should be taken in general context. many of us decided to vent our anger at the counter staff or the customer service staff who picked up the call.

As to
    the comment, how did the staff know why wife is a member for 22 years, she showed the women the card, in the lower middle it states years qualified 22 years.

Why would I have to contact senior staff for an exception to the lounge, are you telling me that lounge staff have no distraction, and if they allow one extra person in they will be fired, are the rules that strict with SQ, about giving away a lounge access, if that is the case they have a lot more problems than a website .
    Weather they will get fired or not by allowing extra person to go into the lounger, I do not know as I do not work for SIA. But for sure, he/she may need to explain why.

I think the reason they applied that strict policy is because of this article below
    http://upgrd.com/matthew/singapore-a...is-lounge.html

I found it at search engine dated Jan-2011.

motodave, I fully understand your displeasure. If I were in your position I think I will also feel very upset like you.

My suggestion lodge a formal complain to SIA and see how they react. To be very frank, they just simply act by the book. But I know where you come from. They should have show a little more concern and show some attitude that they are willing to assist and accomodate for a loyal customers like you.
    visit my blog

Comment

I believe it is reasonable to expect SQ to *once in a long while*, exceptionally allow additional guest into the lounge with Q/TPP member (perhaps it is best to pre-arrange with the local SQ office to avoid disappointment?).
      Without pre-arrangement, how would a lounge agent know if a Q/TPP member regularly abuse this rule (regularly bring extra passenger)?
      That would be unfair to other members as well.

Comment

motodave, I understand your frustrations but the rules are there and it's not just SQ that enforces it. Other carriers will enforce it regardless even with their highest tiers unless prearranged. You mentioned that you managed to bring your daughter into a lounge 15 years ago. She was 5 then, you can't possibly let a kid wander around the airport unattended. Of course they would have allowed entry. Fast forward to the present, your daughter should be at least 20 - effectively a young adult. That would constitute 2 adults guests rather than just 1.

At least SQ still allows guests even in whY for it's top tier. EK has already limited guesting for its Golds just to those in F/J and it's only 1 guest. From experience with QF as long as the family has kids are who are minors, the lounge agent will have some discretion.

LH does have more leeway with their top tier HON but it's still one guest + spouse/partner with kids under 18. Even if SQ had this policy, your wife, MIL & daughter wouldn't be able to access the lounge either way.
        Last edited by Nick C; 21 November 2011, 09:05 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

on EK , I was traveling in first to San Francisco and a business associate was flying economy to London, he was allowed to check in with me and was granted access to the lounge in first class even though we were not on the same flight, and I have taken two guests in the lounge Dubai before with no problems, maybe they allow me as they see me every 3-4 weeks passing through and give me some leeway, when I ask and its not every flight I am bring guests.

I didnot know of the change in policy about star gold members back in Jan 11,
          I will say though the lounge in SFO is not as nice as it once was , when it was split for
          First Class and Business class as now its one class only, with a drop off of food quality etc ,
          Its just SQ keeps taking benefits away, and its why spend money with them when at every turn they keep taking perks away for its highest revenue customers.

Comment

on EK , I was traveling in first to San Francisco and a business associate was flying economy to London, he was allowed to check in with me and was granted access to the lounge in first class even though we were not on the same flight, and I have taken two guests in the lounge Dubai before with no problems, maybe they allow me as they see me every 3-4 weeks passing through and give me some leeway, when I ask and its not every flight I am bring guests.

I didnot know of the change in policy about star gold members back in Jan 11,
            I will say though the lounge in SFO is not as nice as it once was , when it was split for
            First Class and Business class as now its one class only, with a drop off of food quality etc ,
            Its just SQ keeps taking benefits away, and its why spend money with them when at every turn they keep taking perks away for its highest revenue customers.
            motodave, not really sure what are you trying to do. to me it is very simple. if you are not happy with SQ, then stop flying with them.

ok, to make myself clear, i am not talking about you but in general ok... we like to grumble here and there... sq likes this la like that la.... cut off the perk la... we are upset, yet we still want to fly sq... so we expect sq to change to listen to us... come on guys.... if you are not happy show it to SQ... Don't fly with them... hit them on the right one. you can keep complaining but if u still fly them they simply won't care much
            visit my blog

Comment

that is what I am doing

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              motodave, not really sure what are you trying to do. to me it is very simple. if you are not happy with SQ, then stop flying with them.

ok, to make myself clear, i am not talking about you but in general ok... we like to grumble here and there... sq likes this la like that la.... cut off the perk la... we are upset, yet we still want to fly sq... so we expect sq to change to listen to us... come on guys.... if you are not happy show it to SQ... Don't fly with them... hit them on the right one. you can keep complaining but if u still fly them they simply won't care much

basically that is what I am doing, I fly out of the USA in a year between 15-18 INTL flights.
              Singapore use to get between 12-15 of the 18, now they are getting about 3, max 4, and at the rate they are going it will be zero pretty soon.

Comment

basically that is what I am doing, I fly out of the USA in a year between 15-18 INTL flights.
                Singapore use to get between 12-15 of the 18, now they are getting about 3, max 4, and at the rate they are going it will be zero pretty soon.

motodave, it is your money, you can do what u think is right.

but again, I think, from your original posting, you are a bit too much. I guess many of us have already explain to you. It is a rule. If the staff makes an exception to you, then they need to make an exception to other. I bet SQ has quite some number of such a loyal customer like you.

As mentioned, your wife should have just call the local SQ office and inform them on the situation. I bet they sure will accomodate on your request. If this is the first time you asked (or once in such a long time). If you did call and they are not even bother to entertaint then I will support you to not flying SQ.

You need to know I think there are many such loyal customer in SQ. You are not the only one. I heard few years back there are 8 Lifetime PPS member down there in Indonesia and while it is only 1 in Singapore.
                visit my blog

Comment

MY wife and I are Solitaire members for over 22 years,
                  My wife, daughter and mother in law, were flying economy out of San Francisco
                  I certainly empathize with you and your wife's situation, having been TPP for over 22 years as you mentioned.

I dunno how the situation could've been different re: lounge access, if one or more of the ladies had been flying in J, for example?
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    I heard few years back there are 8 Lifetime PPS member down there in Indonesia and while it is only 1 in Singapore.
                    The number is FAR bigger than that.....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Indeed and some are here too

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I know... that's why I said "few" years back... and I use the word few very loosely. I think that's more like the data in the early of this century
                        visit my blog

Comment

update on lounge

Mywife,m daughter and mother in law, left singapore on sunday to fly back to USA, checked in at T3, went to Lounge showed her card and was allowed
                          to bring 2 guests into the first class lounge, she didnot have to get senior management involved , or call ahead as was suggested , the person at the lounge made the call without going up the corp ladder.
                          In response to Lingua101, yes I think they shud make an exception,I have spent an obscene amount of money with SQ for 22 years,I had averaged over 120,000 Sing dollars a year with them, and that doesnot count the air freight I filled their planes with every week,
                          Now I checked my record as I was just renewed again ,last year was over 40,000 sing dollars, so even with cutting a lot of flights away from them , I still spend a fair amount with them, and after they have numerous cut backs
                          1- no more gifts or annual party

2- doublng redeemention miles
                          3-cut back on quality of food and service on the flights
                          4-doing away with life members

to just name a few one extra guest is not asking a lot.

I would be interested to know how many Solitaire members that SQ has
                          with say over 20 years,as I have never had to use the bank to requalify,
                          even in the down turn economy,

motodave

Comment

Reminds me of why I keep well away from message boards when I have enjoyed a couple of sherberts....

Comment

Not sure about the drop out rate for the current Solitarie PPS & PPS for the rest of the world, but for sure in HKG & SFO, most of my friends & colleagues already switching to CX / QF & some other frequent flyer program. & you often found some long term Solitaire members are selling their membership card thru eBay since they had been drop out. But I can't find anyone else are selling the CX Diamond / Gold membership card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGAPORE-AI...ht_2390wt_1185

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                                Not sure about the drop out rate for the current Solitarie PPS & PPS for the rest of the world, but for sure in HKG & SFO, most of my friends & colleagues already switching to CX / QF & some other frequent flyer program. & you often found some long term Solitaire members are selling their membership card thru eBay since they had been drop out. But I can't find anyone else are selling the CX Diamond / Gold membership card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGAPORE-AI...ht_2390wt_1185
                                i wonder who would ever want to buy an expired card.
                                I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                                X