How many meal on SQ 317

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many meal on SQ 317

Im flying business class LHR to SIN departs 1100 arrives 0740 in SIN haveing looked at the menue thread i still could not work out how many meal are served on his flight of about 13 hours.

It seemed that there is lunch about 1-2 hour after take off then breakfast 1-2 hour before landing that seems a long time between meal to me. Normaly one would have lunch and dinner, does this flight not serve dinner?

Thanks Skooby

you get a meal 2 hours after takeoff, and breakfast a couple of hours before landing. the intervening hours are considered slumber time so no food service during that period.

however, you are free to go to the galley area to pick up crisps, chocolate bars, fruits and beverages to keep the stomach happy.

it is indeed a pretty substantial time in between meals - what i usually do is have a very heavy breakfast flight morning.

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
      Im flying business class LHR to SIN departs 1100 arrives 0740 in SIN haveing looked at the menue thread i still could not work out how many meal are served on his flight of about 13 hours.

It seemed that there is lunch about 1-2 hour after take off then breakfast 1-2 hour before landing that seems a long time between meal to me. Normaly one would have lunch and dinner, does this flight not serve dinner?

Thanks Skooby
      Upon boarding the plane, set your watch to Singapore Local time, i.e. +8 UTC...

Therefore if its 12 noon UK, it will be 5 pm Singapore time.... take it that you are being served dinner, ..... then have a couple of drinks, its bed time... wake up for breakfast before landing.....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Well that seem terriable to me no dinner.

can you arrage to have lunch later on instead of 2 hour after take off?

Skooby

Comment

kelvgoh

re-settingmy whatch will not cinvice my tummy that i've head my regular 3 meal aday,owell what can you do!

skooby

Comment

The last few times I have flown on SQ317 (in Y) there was a snack service round during the night were sandwhiches, choclate bars etc were offered. Also as the others have said if your hungry just ask the crew for a snack...the noodles are damn nice!

Also SQ is very very good about hydration of it's passengers, there are very regular water and orange juice rounds by the crew.

I don't think I have ever in hungry or thristy on a SQ flight!

Comment

If you consider the food you may have pre-flight in the lounge, then the welcome drinks onboard, the satay, the first meal (appetizer, salad, main, desert, fruits, cheese & crackers, chocolates), the in-between-meals fruits, snacks, sandwiches, then the pre-arrival breakfast, you'll be full even ...before get your boarding pass in your hands...

The food is quite a bit, not in this flight only (which incidentally I haven't done), but to any SQ J long-haul flight.

Best is what Kapitan said: have lunch, go to the lavatory and change to your pajamas (believe me, you won't regret it, I do it every time now, even for 5-6 hr flights), have a nice sleep, wake up for breakfast...

Comment

skooby, I sympathize with you that your bodyclock isn't easy to fool. I assume you'll be on London time? I can never get a decent amount of sleep on SQ317 because my body thinks it's supposed to be awake for most of the flight.

Having said that, I think the snack options can be rather substantial in Business Class; they go beyond just fruit, crisps and chocolate bars. I recall one time when the wrap contained what seemed like the equivalent of the satay chicken. (It was also served warmed ). There are also noodle soups on offer. You won't be limited in the number of snacks you ask for, so just ask whenever you start feeling peckish. From my experience, two C class snacks easily made up for the 'missing' meal.

Have a decent breakfast (meal #1) on the ground [that's what I used to use the VS CH for]; you'll have the full C class lunch onboard; two snacks to tide you over; and then you have the breakfast, which can be rather substantial as well. Consider this last meal a very late dinner.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the replys

I think I'll suvive though would rather have a light lunch and a big dinner,mind you i do like crips on chocolate

Skooby

Comment

Makes Sense to have lunch and breakfast given the timings.I wouldn't waste my time on the fruit,crisps,sandwiches and chocolate bars on board.I am doing this flight in June coming home from a big trip to the United Kingdom by the way so I would recommend instead wait till you get into Singapore for a decent meal.I am sure one can get something decent from Lau Pa Sat or Newton Circus by mid morning If you can't stand the airline food.

Comment

Working...
                    X