Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVC is back in service and flying from CPH to SIN now.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• SNA is on its test flight now as SQ8877.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
        SNA is on its test flight now as SQ8877.
        quite a long overhaul maintenance, since 25 April 2017...

Comment

• I probably will guess it will still retain the 3 class 77WN configuration unless we see 77WR routes being flown. If it flies either LAX route, therefore it will obviously be 77WR. Other routes it can be a gamble unfortunately sometimes with the exception of 227/228 (MEL).

Now, I think 636/631 seem to be a permanent 77WR. It has consistently been getting 77WR craft from either MEL, or even LAX/NRT. Has it lost its 77WN already? Again I cannot be too sure til at least a week or two has passed but this is my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I probably will guess it will still retain the 3 class 77WN configuration unless we see 77WR routes being flown. If it flies either LAX route, therefore it will obviously be 77WR. Other routes it can be a gamble unfortunately sometimes with the exception of 227/228 (MEL).

Now, I think 636/631 seem to be a permanent 77WR. It has consistently been getting 77WR craft from either MEL, or even LAX/NRT. Has it lost its 77WN already? Again I cannot be too sure til at least a week or two has passed but this is my guess.

I went to the SQ website to do have a look at 636 for next month and PEY is still available so its likely a permanent 77WR.

Comment

• I think SNA is scheduled to fly out as 494 today seems like a 77WR now .

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                I think SNA is scheduled to fly out as 494 today seems like a 77WR now .
                I'm now using ExpertFlyer and yes SNA seems to be in a 77WR config. DXB seems to be one of the routes that do get a 77WN once in a while. Let's wait and see where it flies to after. The strongest is if I see it fly SQ8/11 and SQ12/7. Hope it will be determined that all SN* birds are 77WR. Now I think the only routes that lost a 77WN are HND and looks like MEL on 237/238 on certain days.

Comment

• It's likely that we will see most 77W and 77WN routes merge into one pool with preferences that are loosely followed. The number of planes in each category has reduced, as have the number of routes. It will become operationally too difficult to achieve product consistency with no real benefit, given both seat maps are near identical. 77WRs are where they need to be consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I'm now using ExpertFlyer and yes SNA seems to be in a 77WR config. DXB seems to be one of the routes that do get a 77WN once in a while. Let's wait and see where it flies to after. The strongest is if I see it fly SQ8/11 and SQ12/7. Hope it will be determined that all SN* birds are 77WR. Now I think the only routes that lost a 77WN are HND and looks like MEL on 237/238 on certain days.
                    Yeah, ExpertFLyer told that SQ495 on 6 Jun which will be served by 9V-SNA (now serving SQ494) has a single row of F, so 9V-SNA is now like her sisters 9V-SNB and 9V-SNC

Comment

• I wonder if they will do the other WN aircraft first? The seats they remove from F and Y could go into the 77W > 77WR conversion.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        I wonder if they will do the other WN aircraft first? The seats they remove from F and Y could go into the 77W > 77WR conversion.
                        Since SQ refit 2 77W at a go , why not they bring in 1 77W and 1 77WN at a go because there is 6 77W and 5 77WN now because leaving out too many old 77W for me personally I feel its a little weird for only old 77W to serve those 3 class config routes while those similar 77WN are refitted to 77WR. Just a personal thought.
                        Last edited by SQkid; 7 June 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Seems like the Argentina national football team chartered SQ to bring them to Singapore to play the Friendlies game to be held on Tuesday (13JUN17) at the National Stadium.

SQ8227 is scheduled to depart at 0020 to MEL on Saturday (10JUN17).
                          Returns with the team as SQ8228 with STA 1650 the same day.

Scheduled to be operated by A333 (9V-SSF at the moment).
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            It's likely that we will see most 77W and 77WN routes merge into one pool with preferences that are loosely followed. The number of planes in each category has reduced, as have the number of routes. It will become operationally too difficult to achieve product consistency with no real benefit, given both seat maps are near identical. 77WRs are where they need to be consistent.
                            Anyone knows what will happen to SQ1/2? Will they introduce PEY ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              Anyone knows what will happen to SQ1/2? Will they introduce PEY ?
                              Been checking myself but so far no, still a 77W right now with no sale of PEY. If the way refits go, they might say something about it in the Fall/Winter. They might make an announcement (or leave it be unannounced) probably by towards closer to the end of the month like they did last year with the nonstop SFO flight being announced.

Anyone who finds it thru other sources (Mine are just SQ and ExpertFlyer), let us know soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                Seems like the Argentina national football team chartered SQ to bring them to Singapore to play the Friendlies game to be held on Tuesday (13JUN17) at the National Stadium.

SQ8227 is scheduled to depart at 0020 to MEL on Saturday (10JUN17).
                                Returns with the team as SQ8228 with STA 1650 the same day.

Scheduled to be operated by A333 (9V-SSF at the moment).
                                Cough, I think you meant 9V-STF ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X