LAX Is 380 Beginning Northern Summer 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX Is 380 Beginning Northern Summer 2011

Check It Out Guys! Just got a sms to reconfirm the change of schedule of my flight in May. SQ 12 leaves at 9.25am and SQ 11 returns at 3.10am! Longer turnaround of aircraft in LAX

With effect from 27 March 2011,

SQ 12 SIN-NRT depart 0925hrs, arrive 1730hrs
    SQ 12 NRT-LAX depart 1915hrs, arrive 1330hrs

SQ 11 LAX-NRT depart 1545hrs, arrive 1915hrs(+1)
    SQ 11 NRT-SIN depart 2050hrs(+1), arrive 0310hrs (+1)
    Last edited by feb01mel; 3 December 2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Confirmed on Amadeus too.

I wonder what made the Japanese change their minds and if there were any concessions to ANA.

Comment

638/637 gets demoted to a 333

Comment

Suites pricing SIN-LAX round trip is now @ SGD 15K.

Suites pricing SIN-LHR round trip is about SGD 17K.

Seems the pricing for Suites LAX is not adjusted yet.

So now for business class travellers, will you go for the A345 all business class direct to LAX (SQ38/37) or would you prefer to go on a longer routing on A380 (SQ12/11) ?

Both will offer 3 full meal services, but you get to see a crew change on A380, so there will be 2 sets of crew serving you. However, you need to wait a longer time at NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post

I wonder what made the Japanese change their minds and if there were any concessions to ANA.
            SQ said they were expecting permission 'by early next year' anyway so it just seems to have come early.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
            638/637 gets demoted to a 333
            They said they would do that as well due to large increase in capacity to Tokyo with the HND flights.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

So now for business class travellers, will you go for the A345 all business class direct to LAX (SQ38/37) or would you prefer to go on a longer routing on A380 (SQ12/11) ?
            It's not a route I frequent (unlike a certain other SQTalker who virtually lives on the route.... ) but as the 380 does nothing for me I'd go nonstop.

Comment

yes, and the ex-sin fares (E,B,Y,J,C,Z) to north america will increase wef 01 Jan 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                They said they would do that as well due to large increase in capacity to Tokyo with the HND flights.
                The fall back plan had they not gotten 14x HND was a 3rd daily with the 333 to NRT.

Comment

Well, it's bittersweet. Nice to see the Whalejets flying to LAX but that would mean one less 747 flight!

Is SQ getting a new A380 soon?

Comment

This is awesome news: my return home to the USA on my last Delta-SQ F redemption is March 28, and my itinerary is already updated to suites on the website!

I'd been hoping for this for a while having missed the SQ1/2 swap to the 77W by about a week and having just come back from SIN via LAX with obviously no upgauge.

So excited!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Is SQ getting a new A380 soon?
                      Looks like 9V-SKL in January and 9V-SKM in March.

Comment

Dam just booked on SQ11 in Feb with an award in J and was hoping they might change it for the new product. Still all good!

Comment

Originally posted by Loran View Post

This is awesome news: my return home to the USA on my last Delta-SQ F redemption is March 28, and my itinerary is already updated to suites on the website!

So excited!
                          Congrats, Loran!
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Has this been officially announced? I can't wait to see the A380 to LAX ad

Comment

Good News: Route gets updated cabins, seats, capacity
                              Bad News: Less routes (long haul especially) to redeem business/first saver awards.

For suites, I believe this route will charge higher than the 2,000,000 miles required for SIN-LHR-SIN.
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                              X