SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2017, 03:17 AM   #16
r123
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 25-Jun-2017
Posts: 29
Default

Saw an article saying that 3 of SQ's A380's were not owned by SQ. I thought so far that SQ was owning all its aircrafts. It seems they don't. Is Airbus owning the some of SQ's A380's?
r123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 03:34 AM   #17
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
FN-GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,243
Default

The don't own any of the A380s or A330s.

The first 5 A380s are owned by Doric group. The others are owned by someone else.

They have also returned a Boeing 747-400F that was on lease

Some of the A350s are leased from Aercap.
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 08:14 PM   #18
r123
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 25-Jun-2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
The don't own any of the A380s or A330s.

The first 5 A380s are owned by Doric group. The others are owned by someone else.

They have also returned a Boeing 747-400F that was on lease

Some of the A350s are leased from Aercap.
I see. I think at least 5 A380's will be returned to Airbus. I suppose that Airbus might own some of them but returning doesn't necessarily mean that Airbus owns them. Maybe just returning them for refurbishments and big works.
r123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 07:29 AM   #19
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
FN-GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r123 View Post
I see. I think at least 5 A380's will be returned to Airbus. I suppose that Airbus might own some of them but returning doesn't necessarily mean that Airbus owns them. Maybe just returning them for refurbishments and big works.
Airbus doesn't own them. Hannover Leasing owns the first 5.
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 10:52 PM   #20
Metropolitan Airlines
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 22-Jul-2014
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
Airbus doesn't own them. Hannover Leasing owns the first 5.
Isn't Dr Peters who owns these 5 A380s?
Metropolitan Airlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 01:33 PM   #21
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,158
Default

yes Dr Peters group owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 02:27 PM   #22
259850
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 05-Feb-2007
Location: SIN
Programs: PPS
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
The don't own any of the A380s or A330s.
The most accurate info on this is from the company's annual report. As at 31 March, SQ leased in all of the A330s, 9 A380s (including the 5 that are being returned now) and 3 B777-300ERs. All other aircraft (excluding subsidiary airlines like MI and TR) are owned. As of now, SQ owns all of its A350s. That doesn't mean it won't enter into a sale and leaseback program at a later date.
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 12:00 AM   #23
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
FN-GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
yes Dr Peters group owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s.
Sorry about that, you are correct
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 01:53 PM   #24
9V-SPL
SQTalk PPS Club
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 529
Default Singapore Airlines: new first class, business class launch Nov 2

Mark your calendars; November 2, 2017!

Quote:
Singapore Airlines will reveal its all-new Airbus 380 first class suites and business class seats on November 2, ahead of the delivery of the first of five new superjumbos to join the fleet.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...s-launch-nov-2
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 05:30 PM   #25
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 1,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SPL View Post
Mark your calendars; November 2, 2017!



https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...s-launch-nov-2
Awesome, thanks 9V-SPL. We knew that it would not be 2018 that the new A380s would be delivered, given a poster indicated SKU and SKV seem ready. Judging by the pics, it would be October or latest November for delivery. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the A380 new seats. Again, like someone said Y class seems to be ignored, I wonder how will the Y seats look like...Similar to the 77WN/77WR or something new?

And I'm sure the Premium Economy seats will be similar to the 77WR and current A380. If not, just let us know. Hey, what do you know, even though it's 1 month (or less) late, at least it's something we look forward to hearing this year.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 06:57 PM   #26
flyinghigher
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 25-Mar-2016
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
Awesome, thanks 9V-SPL. We knew that it would not be 2018 that the new A380s would be delivered, given a poster indicated SKU and SKV seem ready. Judging by the pics, it would be October or latest November for delivery. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the A380 new seats. Again, like someone said Y class seems to be ignored, I wonder how will the Y seats look like...Similar to the 77WN/77WR or something new?

And I'm sure the Premium Economy seats will be similar to the 77WR and current A380. If not, just let us know. Hey, what do you know, even though it's 1 month (or less) late, at least it's something we look forward to hearing this year.
I'm assuming that the launch of the new seats would come days before they take delivery of their first refurbished A380. So it probably isn't October..
flyinghigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 09:19 PM   #27
Metropolitan Airlines
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 22-Jul-2014
Posts: 302
Default

I hope the refurbished A380s will be able to carry more passengers and be able to deploy to SQ221/232 before December holidays.

This route is always full and sadly SQ is not deploying SQ261/262 to SYD this year which makes Christmas tickets could sold out early.
Metropolitan Airlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:58 AM   #28
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently MEL, sometimes DUS
Programs: KFEG
Posts: 2,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
I hope the refurbished A380s will be able to carry more passengers and be able to deploy to SQ221/232 before December holidays.

This route is always full and sadly SQ is not deploying SQ261/262 to SYD this year which makes Christmas tickets could sold out early.
Book out of BNE instead and then just get a domestic flight up to there. With the difference minus the domestic flight I still saved $500. Possibly CBR is offering good prices too but CBR flight days are completely mismatched with DUS, so wasn't an option for me. I booked MEL-BNE with VA, so even more miles!
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2017, 02:29 PM   #29
Metropolitan Airlines
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 22-Jul-2014
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
Book out of BNE instead and then just get a domestic flight up to there. With the difference minus the domestic flight I still saved $500. Possibly CBR is offering good prices too but CBR flight days are completely mismatched with DUS, so wasn't an option for me. I booked MEL-BNE with VA, so even more miles!
But with BNE switching to A359, it is also another cut to capacity as well.

CBR is a good option and with a 3 hour $39 bus ride to Canberra from Central it might worth it.

Just a question, I think if you book VA and SQ separately, they won't check you luggage thru, or do they?
Metropolitan Airlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:45 PM   #30
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently MEL, sometimes DUS
Programs: KFEG
Posts: 2,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
But with BNE switching to A359, it is also another cut to capacity as well.

CBR is a good option and with a 3 hour $39 bus ride to Canberra from Central it might worth it.

Just a question, I think if you book VA and SQ separately, they won't check you luggage thru, or do they?
I wouldn't expect it though as they are two separate terminals and I'd rather see the luggage end up in SQ's hands, but I'm planning to do a stopover anyway.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net