SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    That would be nice. Off topic but do the A380s also have upholstered Y-class covers as well?
    All the A380s that I have been on this year have 2013 carpets in Y, but 2006 seat covers remain.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
      All the A380s that I have been on this year have 2013 carpets in Y, but 2006 seat covers remain.
      Wow, so it's just the Boeing planes that got the 2013 seat covers (772, like SVB, 773 like SYI and SYH, and of course all 77W retrofitted or not).

Comment

Have any more of the A330's Y seats been refurbished (at least the newer ones)?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          Have any more of the A330's Y seats been refurbished (at least the newer ones)?
          None of the A330's have had refurbished Y seats? The only thing that has happened is some of the J seats have had new covers.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            None of the A330's have had refurbished Y seats? The only thing that has happened is some of the J seats have had new covers.
            My apologies meant to ask about the J seats

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
              Out of total of 34 A330-343E operated by Singapore Airlines, following 11 have left the fleet:
              1. 9V-STP > Trans Asia Airways B-22103, destined for Hong Kong Airlines
              It seems 9V-STP was briefly in Singapore because they need to fix something with the engine. The plane has now arrived in Hong Kong and seems the rego is B-LHD.

Comment

This thread might be quiet for a while. In reviewing the fleet development statement, it said that only two A330s were planned to exit this FY and with STH and STP already gone, that would already account for two.

With all the A330s coming off BNE recently, that could explain why a few flights here and there are changing from old 772 to A330 again and the A330s are also going to provide the seasonal service to CTS, which this year will go daily.

It will be interesting to see how many A330s are returned in the 2018/9 FY.

Comment

Looks like STF could be the next 330 to leave the fleet. One more is due to go this financial year and STF has not been flying since 8 Feb. While it is not a long time, STF turns 9 in April and so a departure end March would fit.

Comment

9V-STF just went for an air-test this afternoon (30APR18) as SQ8893.

ATD: 1448
                    ATA: 1715
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      9V-STF just went for an air-test this afternoon (30APR18) as SQ8893.

ATD: 1448
                      ATA: 1715
                      9V-STF returned from the Air-Test in Brussels Airlines Livery.

Comment

• Wikipedia says by the end of 2019 all the A330's will be gone. Is this accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          Wikipedia says by the end of 2019 all the A330's will be gone. Is this accurate?
                          I think its from this article:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...m-range-config

"eventually all (of Singapore Airlines) A330s will be replaced with the A350 medium-haul aircraft in 2017-18-19"

Article is 2 years old, with the number of 787's and A350's they should receive over next 20 months they could get rid of them all. However I think it will come down to the accountants if its the B777 or A330 they retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                            I think its from this article:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...m-range-config

"eventually all (of Singapore Airlines) A330s will be replaced with the A350 medium-haul aircraft in 2017-18-19"

Article is 2 years old, with the number of 787's and A350's they should receive over next 20 months they could get rid of them all. However I think it will come down to the accountants if its the B777 or A330 they retire.
                            As the A330's are on lease I bet they go.

Comment

• I know everyone, including myself, will be glad to see the A330s replaced with newer planes.

However, I must say that the A330s have served me very well in 3 areas:

(1) 2 pax travelling in Y - each couple with their own window seat

(2) 2 pax travelling in J - each couple with their own window seat

(3) Travelling with toddler in J - the space in the first row allows your kid to roam about in a confined zone

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                                (1) 2 pax travelling in Y - each couple with their own window seat
                                One of my favourite aspects of flying the A330 is that the window seats in Economy are just a pair. I was on two transatlantic A330 flights recently in a window seat, and I was lucky that no one took the aisle seat next to me on both flights. What a luxury to have a window seat and aisle access in Economy! The chances are a lot slimmer on an aircraft with 3-abreast seating by the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X