No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9V-STG will be leaving the fleet soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
      9V-STG will be leaving the fleet soon as well.
      Indeed. She has not flown since arriving from CGK as SQ967 on 20MAR17. Due to be re-registered as CS-TOW.

I guess she will emerge in all-white like 9V-STE and have her special colours applied only in Lisbon.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

9V-STG went out on an air-test as SQ8893 today (06MAY17) in all-white livery.

Comment

SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Sharing this photo of SQ's ex-A333 9V-STG as she returns form airtest as SQ8893. She is due for TAP Portugal.
          https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/phot...type=3&theater
          Last edited by fablee; 7 May 2017, 06:31 PM.
          https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

Out of total of 34 A330-343E operated by Singapore Airlines, following 11 have left the fleet:
            1. 9V-STD > TAP Air Portugal CS-TOU
            2. 9V-STE > TAP Air Portugal CS-TOV
            3. 9V-STG > TAP Air Portugal CS-TOW
            4. 9V-STI > Brussels Airlines OO-SFX
            5. 9V-STJ > WOW Air TF-GAY
            6. 9V-STK > Hong Kong Airlines B-LNR
            7. 9V-STL > Hong Kong Airlines B-LNS
            8. 9V-STM > Hong Kong Airlines B-LNT
            9. 9V-STN > Hong Kong Airlines B-LNU
            10. 9V-STP > Trans Asia Airways B-22103, destined for Hong Kong Airlines
            11. 9V-STS > Trans Asia Airways B-22105, now stored

Comment

It's clear that some A330s are here to stay. I boarded 9V-STV today and was surprised, almost shocked to find the seats covered in brown leather! Not quite the same shade as those on the 2013 J but more similar to those they had put on Suites. So seems like SQ is re-upholstering some of these regional J seats and will be keeping them a few more years. The smell of new leather was lovely....

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                It's clear that some A330s are here to stay. I boarded 9V-STV today and was surprised, almost shocked to find the seats covered in brown leather! Not quite the same shade as those on the 2013 J but more similar to those they had put on Suites. So seems like SQ is re-upholstering some of these regional J seats and will be keeping them a few more years. The smell of new leather was lovely....

9V-STV is part of the second tranche of A330s (from 9V-STT onwards) that entered the fleet a bit later when compared to the first batch. These will most likely stay for a couple more years. It's good to see SQ giving these planes a refresh, as some of the A330s are really worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                  9V-STV is part of the second tranche of A330s (from 9V-STT onwards) that entered the fleet a bit later when compared to the first batch. These will most likely stay for a couple more years. It's good to see SQ giving these planes a refresh, as some of the A330s are really worn out.
                  I had SSG in January, looks like they will be doing the same as you pointed with the SS* birds as well.

Comment

9V-STG was ferried to Rome-FCO on 24JUN17 as SQ8893.

Comment

9V-STY has had it's J class reupholstered too! In fact I think I was the first bum on 16K as I found the seat belt still nicely buckled up when I boarded. Ooh and the smell of new leather was...

http://www.instagram.com/p/BV9S5CsgFIz/

Comment

Looks like STH has been withdrawn from service.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                          9V-STY has had it's J class reupholstered too! In fact I think I was the first bum on 16K as I found the seat belt still nicely buckled up when I boarded. Ooh and the smell of new leather was...

http://www.instagram.com/p/BV9S5CsgFIz/
                          Did you take a peek into cattle class on the re-upholstered A333s? Wonder if they had re-upholstered Y seats with 2013 Y covers...

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                            Did you take a peek into cattle class on the re-upholstered A333s? Wonder if they had re-upholstered Y seats with 2013 Y covers...
                            That would be nice. Off topic but do the A380s also have upholstered Y-class covers as well?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              That would be nice. Off topic but do the A380s also have upholstered Y-class covers as well?
                              They don't only the Suites have new covers.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                                I did, in fact, while waiting for the toilet. No unfortunately I think they're still in the 2006 covers.

Comment

Working...
                                X