stay @ Mercure Hotel FRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stay @ Mercure Hotel FRA

Before a flight to NY on SQ I took a room at Mercure Hotel at FRA Airport.

I just saw that my Retroactive Miles Claim has been accepted but no credit has been given for the stay. I still received no feedback from Krisflyer about the reasons why.

Is it possible that, if the booking was made via booking.com or similar agency, and not directly via Mercure, the miles will not be accredited? Why: because you do not pay full fare for the room?

Thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
    I just saw that my Retroactive Miles Claim has been accepted but no credit has been given for the stay. I still received no feedback from Krisflyer about the reasons why.

Is it possible that, if the booking was made via booking.com or similar agency, and not directly via Mercure, the miles will not be accredited? Why: because you do not pay full fare for the room?
    It could be that. Hotels often exclude bookings made through consolidators from earning stay credit / points because of the fees hotels pay to be listed.

It could also be that Mercure in Europe is inherently awful when it comes to awarding KrisFlyer points. I had the same experience when I stayed in a Mercure in France. (I had booked through our corporate travel agent.) Mercures are not at all problematic when I credit a European FFP.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Usually the method of booking is less important than the payment method. If you pay directly to the hotel on check-out then usually you would qualify for points....... unless it was an equally discounted rate.

Usually you book through agents or websites to get lower rates than through the hotel though, so the two kinda go hand-in-hand, but not always.

It is not necessary that you must pay the "Rack Rate" only to get points.

Comment

Ah but my point was partly that with some hotels (such as the Mercure), when I use the same booking method (i.e., my corporate travel agent), I've tended to have far fewer problems crediting to European FFPs (e.g., Flying Blue or M&M) than when I attempt to credit to KrisFlyer or Asia Miles.

I don't tend to decide on which program to use until I check in.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Sorry, i was responding to OP

I never had any issues crediting to AsiaMiles anywhere but have only just joined KF so will keep an eye on that as well.

Comment

Working...
          X