Taipei Help Needed xDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taipei Help Needed xDD

Dear Guys , i would be staying at San Want Hotel in Taipei. Do you guys know whats the best way to travel to famous places of interest like the Taipei 101 , Xi Men Ding , Shilin Night Market?

Is haggling required when taking a taxi?

Is the MRT there reliable and able to bring u everywhere?

Is it of walking distance to any places of interest?

P.S : the hotel is addressed at No.4 zhongxiao east road , taipei.
    we are just passionate lovers , with troubles under the covers

Originally posted by 787Dreamliner View Post
    Dear Guys , i would be staying at San Want Hotel in Taipei. Do you guys know whats the best way to travel to famous places of interest like the Taipei 101 , Xi Men Ding , Shilin Night Market?

Is haggling required when taking a taxi?

Is the MRT there reliable and able to bring u everywhere?

Is it of walking distance to any places of interest?

P.S : the hotel is addressed at No.4 zhongxiao east road , taipei.
    hi dreamliner: i'll take your questions one by one.
    1. haggling is not required when taking a taxi, but a basic level of mandarin is required, as i have only come across one taxi driver in my life in taiwan that spoke english. p.s. tipping is not expected when taking a taxi.
    2. the mrt is VERY reliable, and a train comes by at least every 2-10 minutes. it is very well linked. the only place it currently does not service is the neihu district, but since that is more of a technology area, there is not much to see there besides the large ferris wheel at the miramar shopping plaza.
    3. the san want hotel is located directly upstairs from the zhongxiao dunhua mrt. you are about a ten minute walk from the sun yat sen memorial hall. there is also a very famous bookstore about 6 minutes away. simply ask your concierge to direct you to the 24-hour eslite. behind the san want hotel on an-he road is where you will find most of the lounge bars if you fancy a drink. if you are coming out of the hotel, a five minute walk to your left will bring you upon the sogo district, where there are 3 very large sogo department stores if you want to do any shopping.
    4. to travel to taipei 101, go to the zhongxiao dunhua mrt located directly below the san want hotel. it is located on the blue line, as is taipei 101. take the blue line two stops zhongxiao dunhua-->sun yat sen memorial hall--> taipei city hall. get off at taipei city hall and proceed to your left after disembarking. ximending is also located on the blue line. take it in the opposite direction of taipei 101 and go 5 stops: zhongxiao dunhua--> zhongxiao fuxing--> zhongxiao xinsheng--> shandao temple--> taipei main station--> ximen. when you exit the ximen station, you will be located in the heart of the ximending shopping area. shilin night market is located on the red lne. take the blue line to the taipei main station and transfer to the red line. you will then go an additional 5 stops on the red line: taipei main station--> chungshan--> shuanglien--> mingchuan w road--> yuanshan--> jiantan. get off at the jiantan station. the shilin night market is located directly across the street. do not get off at the shilin station, which is one past the jiantan station. hope this info helps.

Comment

Working...
    X