Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yippeeeee! I've booked a 744 F flight redemption!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yippeeeee! I've booked a 744 F flight redemption!

Well, I thought it would never be possible, but I managed to find a F flight and am now booked on:

SQ11 NRT - SIN 744 F
    SQ68 SIN - BKK 772 F

for the ludicrously cheap amount of 15k bmi miles and £163. And I believe the SQ68 (several days later as I'm having a stopover in SIN) is occasionally a 744 as well!

So well happy with that result and very much looking forward to my first SQ F experience, but I've got a few questions:

- What is the NRT-SIN flight like, I believe its the continuation of the LAX service

- What are the SQ ground facilities like at NRT?

- The tickets are booked in O class - is this correct? On checkmytrip.com it shows this as Coach, but on the bmi Itinerary it says First Class and I was certainly charged the right amount (and ANA availability checker had shown zero economy availability on that flight anyway)

Cheers!
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

Congratulations.

More evidence that's BD's Diamond Club truly is the Dogs Bollox !!!.

SQ11 does come from LAX. CGK is your man for the F flights through NRT, and most paces for that matter.

All the *A airlines have moved together at NRT recently so the SKL has gone and it's now a shared lounge I believe.

O class is correct and showing as Coach is also bizarrely standard stuff. Have you booked your seats ?.

Regardless of the aircraft used, you still get Dom and Krug in F on any BKK-SIN flight.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 13 November 2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I'm sure CGK will be along soon to talk about his multiple attempts to obtain a L'Occitane shower kit at the new NRT NH F lounge!

I've only passed through there once but didn't have time for a shower. Very pleasant - waitress service, wet towel on arrival, Fauchon ice cream on request etc.

There are sample SQ11 F menus here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425795

but you should of course BTC for an additional option, e.g. beef sukiyaki.

Comment

Congratulations, PhilH!
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

SQ11 NRT-SIN is a good way to sample the SQ F product.
          On the ground:
          You should find the SQ staff at NRT would be very accomodating to your needs. Well, no concierge or something like that. But then you will be invited to the new NH F Lounge. Remember try to take shower and ask for L'Occitane kits... The lounge should be fine. Udon bar. Some good food. Well I would say it's fine. Free wi fi.

In the air:
          Full dinner service, i.e. including caviar and soup and salad. I will take th eflight next week, perhaps I can post the menu then.
          You should receive PJs as well as amenity kits.

Enjoy your SQ F experience. Don't for the Dom and Krug test...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            But then you will be invited to the new NH F Lounge.
            Oh! Is lounge hopping possible with SQ11, e.g. UA IFL (another shower ), VS CH, NH F and anything else I've forgotten ?

Comment

When I saw this thread title, I wondered why anyone would want to redeem an award on a 744 frieghter (744F)

Comment

Congrats Phil. Hope you have a wonderful flight & experience! But I have to warn you that SIA F is extremely addictive. Once you've gone that path, it is difficult to take anything else.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  Congrats Phil. Hope you have a wonderful flight & experience! But I have to warn you that SIA F is extremely addictive. Once you've gone that path, it is difficult to take anything else.
                  Yes I know! I'm worried that I may get addicted. However, SQ's F is extremely difficult to get on awards and very expensive to get any other way, so I'm happy that it won't provoke me to do anything stupid!

What I'm really looking forward to is comparing it to BA, which are the only other F experiences I've so far enjoyed. Oh, and GF as well, as I will be flying to the region in GF F (DUB-LHR-MCT-BKK) thanks to the cheaptickets.com fare error fiasco!
                  Check out my Trip Reports at:
                  Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Oh! Is lounge hopping possible with SQ11, e.g. UA IFL (another shower ), VS CH, NH F and anything else I've forgotten ?
                    Isn't the Virgin Clubhouse in the North Wing? Kinda far, isn't it? Aside the UA IFL (decent), I actually really like the NH F lounge. Well then again, I come primarily for the L'Occitane kit (couldn't take it because the governments thought that one of water's natural states is dangerous), the udon/soba, and FAUCHON.

I usually get there about 2-3 hours early and down about 4-5 cups.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      Isn't the Virgin Clubhouse in the North Wing? Kinda far, isn't it? Aside the UA IFL (decent)
                      I guess if someone arrives at NRT with hours and hours to spare, then distance isn't a problem. More to the point though, are the VS CH and UA IFL open during the few hours before SQ11 departs ? I had a look at VS's website but couldn't see opening times.

I've only flown SQ12 and not SQ11 and didn't even have time for a shower in the NRT F lounge let alone go looking for the VS CH/UA IFL.

Comment

I guess if someone arrives at NRT with hours and hours to spare, then distance isn't a problem. More to the point though, are the VS CH and UA IFL open during the few hours before SQ11 departs ? I had a look at VS's website but couldn't see opening times.

I've only flown SQ12 and not SQ11 and didn't even have time for a shower in the NRT F lounge let alone go looking for the VS CH/UA IFL.
                        Yes the UA IFL is open during the time that SQ11/12 are around. However, I should warn you that is right in the middle of UA's banks of Asia-bound and US-bound flights so it will be crowded.

I did some research on the VS flight. There's only one a day and it leaves for LHR at 12:00pm. So unless another airline is contracted to use the Clubhouse, then you're short of luck unless you want to arrive at the airport some 6-8 hours before flight time.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                          Isn't the Virgin Clubhouse in the North Wing? Kinda far, isn't it? Aside the UA IFL (decent), I actually really like the NH F lounge. Well then again, I come primarily for the L'Occitane kit (couldn't take it because the governments thought that one of water's natural states is dangerous), the udon/soba, and FAUCHON.

I usually get there about 2-3 hours early and down about 4-5 cups.
                          My records so far for L'Occ kits: 14 visits received 2 kits only.
                          And I am sorry to disagree, Fauchon served at the new NH lounges are not exciting anymore. Perhaps due to the different quality and packaging, as well as the flavor options.

UA IFL vs NH F lounge, down to very personal preference. UA IFL has that Nomad kits which few people I know love it. UA IFL has bigger shower room.

Comment

I'm sure CGK will be along soon to talk about his multiple attempts to obtain a L'Occitane shower kit at the new NRT NH F lounge!

Comment

Greetings from SQ 11 NRT-SIN portion.
                              Yeah, took shower and asked the staff to give me the kits. Got it, and now I know where to grab more when noone around..

Comment

Working...
                              X