ADL-SIN (30 Dec 2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADL-SIN (30 Dec 2006)

SQ called me on 27th Dec afternoon, inform me that there's a seat available for 30th Dec. I was on the waiting list for one month by then. It was quite exciting to hear about it.

Finally, the day came. My friend, Peter came over to my place early in the morning. As I had the feeling that my luggage was going to overweight, I called him for a scale to weight my bag. In the end, I managed to throw away alot more not so important documents and cut down the weight to approximately 40kg.

As I had the approved letter from the International Student Services office to request for 10 more kg allowance from the airlines, I hoped the overall of 40kg luggage could go through. I walked in to SQ office in the city two days before flight, but the lady wouldn't accept it. Now, I could only bring this letter to the airport and hopefully the check-in staff or the supervisor would let me through.

I left Housing at 11:15am, after having stayed here for 4 years, with lots of laughters and tears left in the air.

Check-in
    I arrived the airport at 11:45am, 1.5 hour before scheduled departure. I did a online-check-in as I always hate queuing. There was an express lane for the online-check-in and the check-in was fast. I handed in the approved letter to the check-in lady, and after consulting the supervisor, she was able to check in 40kg of my luggage at the most. Phew.. My luggage weighted 40kg. However, my hand luggage was 3kg over-weight. After all, she let me through. She smiled when she saw my Homer Simpson. I wouldn't left him behind, would I?

Departure- Immigration & Customs Clearance
    Customs clearance was slow and took approximately 20 min.

Boarding
    Boarding has started when I reached the gate (gate 18).

Flight
    Boeing-777-200. Flight registration: 9V-SRO, fitted with AVOD system.

Seat
    60K.

Seat 60K on 9V-SRO

At 13:05, the flight was pushed back and airborne at 1315, heading NE, and then made a approximately 90 degree turn towards Singapore. Lunch was served just after airborne.

In-flight entertainment
    AVOD was fitted on this flight. With the in-flight entertainment, the 7 hours flight passed very quickly.

Meals
    Two meals were served (lunch & refreshment). I ordered for special meal- seafood meal. The food was nice and the portion was just nice.

My seafood meal served just before we arrived in Singapore.

The Singapore Sling

Cabin Cleanliness
    The cabin cleanliness was good.

Arrival
    The flight landed at 17:15 Singapore, reaching gate E3 at 17:23.

The moment before touching down at Changi Airport, Singapore

Just after touched down in Singapore, followed by another flight at t back. Can you spot the flight?

Immigration/ Customs clearance
    Immigration was quite busy at this time and it took me approx 15 min to pass the immigration.

Luggage Handling
    The luggage was ready when I reached the belt

Overall Verdict
    Quite a pleasant flight.
    Note: This trip report was quoted from my personal blog.
    Last edited by Airlineslover; 24 March 2007, 10:12 PM.

Thanks for sharing, Airlineslover.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Nice trip report, Airlineslover
      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Working...
      X