Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    The Skyview Lounge is still preferred over the Rainforest Lounge, imho
    Same here. I quite like the Skyview lounge to be honest, even though it isn't highly rated by many CX pax.

One of the best things about it is probably watching the inordinate number of pax who quite understandably are not aware it is an airline lounge and just amble up the escalator only to be told by the clearly exasperated lounge dragons that it is an airline lounge. I find it incredible that A) Changi haven't signposted it clearly enough and/or B) The lounge staff or operators themselves haven't said 'How long is it going to be before you put a proper bloody sign up to stop this !!!!'.

Comment

There are a few signs, actually. And the lounge dragons tend to be quite polite, not in an insincere way, is what I've found

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        There are a few signs, actually.
        Well whatever or wherever they are they clearly aren't working!.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
          Good day all!

I have an overnight flight coming up and about three hours to spare at Changi Airport. I have been doing some research online about the paid lounges at Changi but not much info comes up (e.g. pricing / quality , etc.) about the various lounges.

There are:

1. The Rainforest Lounge at T1
          2. The Ambassador Transit Lounge at T2
          3. The Ambassador Transit Lounge at T3
          4. The Haven by Jetquay at T3

I might have missed a few out there... Did I not search thoroughly enough?

For all you frequent fliers out there, may I know which paid lounge offers the best value for a three-hour stay? The usage of shower facilities in the lounge would also be much enjoyed (if the lounge offers it, though) before my flight.

Would also be great if I could get an approximate cost for a two/three hour stay and what I could possibly expect there. Thank you!
          The Haven is the only Pay-Per-Use Lounge located in the public area at Singapore Changi Airport. A soothing rain shower offers guests an opportunity to freshen up while private nap rooms offer a chance to rest. For more details please visit our website at http://www.thehaven.com.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
            1. The Rainforest Lounge at T1

OK to give it a miss. limited selection of food. Showers are ok. But the decor renders the place kinda dark and gloomy (at least to me). IIRC they do have massages and spa and there are quite a number of shower cubicles. Do note that for the shower cubicles & toilets it seem to be unisex; had a shock when I came out of the cubicles with only a towel wrapped around my waist to see ladies walking around. Wished the staff had informed me earlier.

2. and 3. Ambassador Transit Lounge at T2 and T3
            Both are a lot better with more selection of foods and drinks. Not sure about the showers at T2, but at T3, there were only 2 shower cubicles and one of them had a broken tap. (As of my last visit on 16Apr). Massage chairs available for use.

4. The Haven
            Yet to try. Is this the new land-side one?

For the Rainforest Lounge, my entrance was complimentary from my Diners Club credit card.
            Ambassador Transit Lounge @ T2, my entrance was complimentary as I was flying TransAsia business class last year May.
            Ambassador Transit Lounge @ T3, my entrance was complimentary from my AMEX credit card.

So sorry, can't help with regards to the cost.

The Haven opened early this year. With a cosy and tranquil atmosphere,
            plush surroundings and an array of amenities, The Haven by JetQuay
            offers a place for travellers to rest and relax while providing all the
            essentials a guest requires for a welcome respite.

We have 18 nap rooms and 13 showers. We are also in partnership with several lounge memberships including priority pass. More more information on the price, do refer to our website at http://www.thehaven.com.sg/

Comment

Forgot to update after my previous trip.

The Green Market at T1 is not the same as the one at T2.

The one at T2 operates like a restaurant/cafe. The one at T1 is more like a take away shop and Priority Pass cannot be used there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaven View Post
                The Haven opened early this year. With a cosy and tranquil atmosphere,
                plush surroundings and an array of amenities, The Haven by JetQuay
                offers a place for travellers to rest and relax while providing all the
                essentials a guest requires for a welcome respite.

We have 18 nap rooms and 13 showers. We are also in partnership with several lounge memberships including priority pass. More more information on the price, do refer to our website at http://www.thehaven.com.sg/
                They/re open 24/7, right?

What's with the reservations part of their website? Can't you just walk in without a reservation? What if your arriving flight is delayed?

What's the deal with PP? It's not mentioned on the website. Does PP give you the basic (cheapest) two hour package? And how do they enforce their time limits for use?

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                  They/re open 24/7, right?

What's with the reservations part of their website? Can't you just walk in without a reservation? What if your arriving flight is delayed?

What's the deal with PP? It's not mentioned on the website. Does PP give you the basic (cheapest) two hour package? And how do they enforce their time limits for use?
                  Yes. 24/7.

Reservations are not mandatory. PP gives you 3 hr access.

They'll probably issue you a ticket which shd time-stamped.

Comment

Working...
                  X