SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2012, 10:26 PM   #16
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2011
Location: SIN/BLR/BOM/DEL
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 1,174
Default

I have taken 2 on one date but there are still 4 available on that same flight so that's 6 out of 8. They will be cleaning these glitches pretty soon.

Last edited by SQueeze; 11th March 2012 at 12:50 AM..
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 12:20 AM   #17
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Kyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22-May-2008
Location: I left my heart in PEN...
Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55
Posts: 6,163
Default

Glitch? Here I was thinking it's a feature!

and finally a useful one at that...
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 01:02 AM   #18
motodave
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2011
Posts: 29
Default

SMK77


Since you seem to have computer access to what they have avail, I was looking
on DEC 21 SFO_SING and Jan 4 SING-SFO,
The reason I donot try to try LAX instead of SFO, as I live in SFO, and to fly to LAX,
will add at least 3-4 hours on the journey, as even though the flight is only 1 hour, if there is any bad weather or fog in SFO most of the short flights SFO-Lax, SFO-Vegas will always get delayed and the delays can last hours , plus LAX is a mess to transfer around.

Thks

Motodave
motodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 08:57 AM   #19
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodave View Post
SMK77


Since you seem to have computer access to what they have avail, I was looking
on DEC 21 SFO_SING and Jan 4 SING-SFO,
The reason I donot try to try LAX instead of SFO, as I live in SFO, and to fly to LAX,
will add at least 3-4 hours on the journey, as even though the flight is only 1 hour, if there is any bad weather or fog in SFO most of the short flights SFO-Lax, SFO-Vegas will always get delayed and the delays can last hours , plus LAX is a mess to transfer around.

Thks

Motodave
Dude, appreciate that some people are new here.

My 'magical' tool is www.singaporeair.com - booking online shows you what's available and you save 15%.

If you are just looking for just two dates - and two of the most popular dates in the year - and you wanna travel on exactly those two dates, then your only option is a paid ticket.
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 09:02 AM   #20
inix
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 09-May-2008
Location: Singapore North
Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Posts: 575
Default

I think SQ is really releasing 4 SAVER F for flights on the 77W. I'm monitoring some flights daily and it seems that as the days open up one by one, 4F seats would be available. This makes it good news for us....
__________________
Life's A Bitch,
Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix
inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 01:23 PM   #21
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Location: All the wrong places...
Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Posts: 6,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inix View Post
I think SQ is really releasing 4 SAVER F for flights on the 77W. I'm monitoring some flights daily and it seems that as the days open up one by one, 4F seats would be available. This makes it good news for us....
Well, as it seems they are unable to sell F seats on the 77W going off what I see when I fly them, they may as well fill the cabin with award seats I suppose. This way both empty seats and KF balances get used.
__________________
Incheon : Connected to the world, cut-off from Korea
MAN Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 02:05 AM   #22
inix
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 09-May-2008
Location: Singapore North
Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Posts: 575
Default

Reporting here. I just booked 2F for SFO to SIN today and it went smoothly. I'm a happy man now....
__________________
Life's A Bitch,
Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix
inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 09:25 AM   #23
darklord-x
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 21-Feb-2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: Amex Plat, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, AClub Gold, TK*G, CX MPC Gold, UA*G
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inix View Post
Reporting here. I just booked 2F for SFO to SIN today and it went smoothly. I'm a happy man now....
Hey bro Inix, how many miles did it cost you plus taxes?
darklord-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 12:11 AM   #24
inix
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 09-May-2008
Location: Singapore North
Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord-x View Post
Hey bro Inix, how many miles did it cost you plus taxes?
Mileage burnt was 182.75K for 2 Pax, 1 way, and taxes was around US800+ if I'm not to be mistaken...
__________________
Life's A Bitch,
Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix
inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 08:55 PM   #25
Desert Traveller
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 15-Jul-2007
Location: Tokyo, East Midlands, and the northern Black Forest
Programs: SQ QPPS, LH SEN, HH D, MR G, SPG G
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Desert Traveller
Default

SIN-FRA (SQ326) - May 2012 - LH (eVouchers)
__________________
/Desert Traveller

Last edited by Desert Traveller; 29th March 2012 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Takes two, not one...
Desert Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 07:27 AM   #26
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Traveller View Post
SIN-FRA (SQ326) - May 2012 - LH (eVoucher)
That's the first upgrade to F I am aware of! I am still sitting on 6 upgrades :-)
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 08:10 AM   #27
Desert Traveller
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 15-Jul-2007
Location: Tokyo, East Midlands, and the northern Black Forest
Programs: SQ QPPS, LH SEN, HH D, MR G, SPG G
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Desert Traveller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
That's the first upgrade to F I am aware of! I am still sitting on 6 upgrades :-)
Didn't even have to ring the SEN line, the online upgrade (choice of miles or eVouchers) went through without a hitch.
__________________
/Desert Traveller
Desert Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 08:44 AM   #28
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer View Post
Well, as it seems they are unable to sell F seats on the 77W going off what I see when I fly them, they may as well fill the cabin with award seats I suppose. This way both empty seats and KF balances get used.
You mean SQ is actually doing something that makes sense?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Traveller View Post
SIN-FRA (SQ326) - May 2012 - LH (eVoucher)
Didn't know the SEN e-Vouchers could be used on SQ. Thought it was only LH and UA.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 10:27 AM   #29
Desert Traveller
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 15-Jul-2007
Location: Tokyo, East Midlands, and the northern Black Forest
Programs: SQ QPPS, LH SEN, HH D, MR G, SPG G
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Desert Traveller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
[...]
Didn't know the SEN e-Vouchers could be used on SQ. Thought it was only LH and UA.
I was not sure either. Did a lot of searching and it looks like the LH eVouchers are equivalent to an upgrade with miles. So they can be used on *A partner flights that take part in the *A upgrade program. But it only makes sense to use them instead of miles for long flights to maximize the miles saved (>= 65k).
__________________
/Desert Traveller
Desert Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 01:42 PM   #30
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Traveller View Post
I was not sure either. Did a lot of searching and it looks like the LH eVouchers are equivalent to an upgrade with miles. So they can be used on *A partner flights that take part in the *A upgrade program. But it only makes sense to use them instead of miles for long flights to maximize the miles saved (>= 65k).
Correct. Did you check availability before you issued the ticket? With LH?
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
business saver redemption on a380/777 isaac KrisFlyer & PPS Club 30 23rd July 2011 11:45 PM
Appeal won: Can change from First Class saver to First Class standard free!! yongchau KrisFlyer & PPS Club 2 8th March 2010 03:16 PM
A380 J saver redemption available now - or glitch? bmchris All About Singapore Airlines 24 27th January 2010 09:06 PM
Economy Saver redemption HKG-SIN walker KrisFlyer & PPS Club 4 19th November 2009 09:36 AM
Economy Saver redemption SIN-JFK-SIN kris KrisFlyer & PPS Club 9 29th June 2009 09:21 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net