Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MEL] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    OT: Jammed, did the dragon ladies give you much trouble in granting your family access to the lounge? Despite my QPP status, everytime I travel with my family, I've to give them my most endearing smile to request for one additional entry for my grown-up son.
    prob helped that my boy is 6 and my girl is 4 Ladies just requested my wife's BP besides mine - dont knw whether my KFEG helped - and let me in. Anyway, whether its SYD or MEL, I always stop at NZ first, cos I (personal prefs) find the hot food and sparkling there better than SKL.

Comment

very interested to see the catering provided by cafe vue as they have some good food!
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

From SQ, and yes, they are BIG:

Comment

Very interesting, and if that's their new direction for lounge design, it's certainly fresh. More food options?

Comment

anyone knows what those black circles on each side table are? Powerpoints?

Comment

Judging from the photos, the lamps look a little cheap, though the food looks great. Also seems like a good idea to have luggage storage beneath the side tables. Is this detail something SQ has been adopting for their lounges? Or is MEL the first?

Comment

Food looks awesome! Is that for the F or J side? Or have they been merged into one large lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  Food looks awesome! Is that for the F or J side? Or have they been merged into one large lounge?
                  no they are not merged.

The food is from the cafe as you come around the corner through the duty free shop, Cafe Vue which is part of the Vue de monde/ Shannon Bennett restaurant family... so it ought to be good

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

The lounge looks great and much improved from the old lounge!

The food offerings look FAR better than what Air NZ have to offer in their MEL lounge which has been going steadily downhill over the past few years

SQ continues to be a true premium airline

Comment

Thanks for the pics. It certainly looks better than before, which is saying much I know.

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      The food offerings look FAR better than what Air NZ have to offer in their MEL lounge
                      What are you seeing that tells you that ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Thanks for the pics. It certainly looks better than before, which is saying much I know.

What are you seeing that tells you that ?.
                        I agree. The air nz food offering is going downhill lately. Id do a comparison next week but like many others ive gone all oneworld so ill be in the QF first lounge instead

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          IThe air nz food offering is going downhill lately.
                          It must have plummeted if that picture showing half a dozen sandwiches and a few cakes now trumps it...

I haven't flown out of MEL internationally for about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            It must have plummeted if that picture showing half a dozen sandwiches and a few cakes now trumps it...

I haven't flown out of MEL internationally for about a year.
                            The few cakes look to be a very high standard. There is a nice looking salad and the sandwiches look good. The air nz lounge has been pretty ordinary in recent times... in my opinion.

If You've ever eaten at cafe vue where this food is sourced for the sq lounge you may have more positive thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              The few cakes look to be a very high standard. There is a nice looking salad and the sandwiches look good.
                              You think ?. Not been spending too long in BA's lounges at LHR recently by any chance ?.

I confess I know nothing about Cafe Vue, but I look forward to trying their stuff out on my next visit.

Comment

Yes well we are only looking at a single promo pic so lets bring on the taste test!

Comment

Working...
                                X