Confused about Solitaire PPS Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Solitaire PPS Rewards

I joined KF a year ago and achieved my $25,000 to reach PPS and rewards at $30,000 and $40,000. I then reach Solitaire at $50,000. I have now added a further $21,000 in value but don't seem to be getting the $60,000 advanced upgrade reward. It is tracking for the $30,000 double mileage reward again. By my reckoning from joining you need to spend $135,000 in your first year to get the Advanced Upgrade ?
    Last edited by Micklemiff; 1 October 2019, 07:20 PM.

When you reach solitaire the counter goes back to 0. So yes you’re right it does require $135,000 in 1 year if you want to go from KF blue to solitaire and get the advance upgrade within 1 year.

$25,000 to reach PPS (counter reset)
    $50,000 to reach solitaire PPS (counter reset)
    $60,000 to reach advance upgrade (along the way renewing solitaire for another year)

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
      When you reach solitaire the counter goes back to 0. So yes you’re right it does require $135,000 in 1 year if you want to go from KF blue to solitaire and get the advance upgrade within 1 year.

$60,000 to reach advance upgrade (along the way renewing solitaire for another year)
      PPS Solitaire qualification is rolling 12 months. While the PPS counter is rest to zero after PPS is reached, you can call them and apply for Solitaire once you accumulated the additional 25,000 SGD.

Comment

Thanks for confirming, seems a lot to spend for just an upgrade.

Comment

Qualified for Solitaire PPS in Nov 2019 midway in my PPS membership year, and it is valid until Apr 2021. But new PPS Value is going into Reserve, and does not count towards PPS Rewards. Does this mean that it will start accumulating for PPS Rewards only after Apr 2021? Thanks

[UPDATE] Wrote to SQ and they made the adjustment, so that new PPS Value is recorded as Current instead of going into Reserve.
          Last edited by dave.tan; 14 December 2019, 09:45 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

To be perfectly honest - PPS solitaire has no real advantages over PPS... I was one for many years just before they took away the "permanent" PPS solitaire when one achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
              To be perfectly honest - PPS solitaire has no real advantages over PPS... I was one for many years just before they took away the "permanent" PPS solitaire when one achieve it.
              I think the F lounge in SIN would be the biggest advantage. F check in is also quite nice to have. But bear in mind this only happens when flying out of SIN. At the out stations, there's barely any difference in check-in experience, and only a select few have a separate F lounge. Otherwise you're just like any other KFEG lumped together in the same lounge

Questioning my $ spend on SQ right now......

Comment

I think the F lounge in SIN would be the biggest advantage. F check in is also quite nice to have. But bear in mind this only happens when flying out of SIN. At the out stations, there's barely any difference in check-in experience, and only a select few have a separate F lounge. Otherwise you're just like any other KFEG lumped together in the same lounge

Questioning my $ spend on SQ right now......
                Wish that Solitaire PPS are given access to The Private Room. The SilverKris First Class lounge is not much of an upgrade over the Business Class lounge. Emirates Skywards Platinum are given full access to the First Class lounge together with their Suites / First Class passengers, and do not treat them as second class.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tan View Post
                  Wish that Solitaire PPS are given access to The Private Room. The SilverKris First Class lounge is not much of an upgrade over the Business Class lounge. Emirates Skywards Platinum are given full access to the First Class lounge together with their Suites / First Class passengers, and do not treat them as second class.
                  Maybe one day SQ might consider having a separate "Private Room Card" like BA's Concorde room card? Awarded at e.g. $70,000 PPS $?

Comment

Maybe one day SQ might consider having a separate "Private Room Card" like BA's Concorde room card? Awarded at e.g. $70,000 PPS $?

Yes, that will be great

Comment

Working...
                    X