Date : May 2007
    Menu ref : 211C020-2
    DINING SERVICE

TO START
    Warm mixed Nuts

APPETIZER
    Apple soy marinated beef served with horseradish cream and thin potatoes

SALAD
    Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with a cramy dill dressing or Castello Monte Vibiano olive oil and balsamic vinegar

BREAD BASKET
    Assorted Gourmet Breads

ENTREES

FILLET OF SALMON
    On this flight we are proud to offer you a taste of European flair. Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Andrew Bailey, from our London kitchen has created an entree that captures the essence of his country's cuisine.

Seared Fillet of Salmon accented by a Herb-Butter Sauce, offered with blanched Asparagus and Spring Onion Mashed Potatoes

FILLET OF BEEF
    Grilled Fillet of Beef accented by Cherry and Chocolate Balsamic Sauce, served with a Cheddar Polenta Cake and Asparagus and Celery Medley.
    American Airlines serves Brazilian beef.

ROASTED CHICKEN
    Roasted Chicken Breast enhanced by Bordelaise Sauce, served with sauteed Swiss Chard and Carrots and Truffle Celeriac Puree

MUSHROOM GIRASOLE
    Sunflower shaped pasta filled with a blend of mushrooms, enhanced by aPortobello mushroom and pesto cream sauce, garnished with grated cheese.

DINE UPON REQUEST

You may choose one of the following entrees to be served with an Appetizer and Dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Fillet of Salmon * Fillet of Beef
    Roasted Chicken * Mushroom Girasole

THE DESSERT CART

A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with seasonal fruit and assorted crackers

A scoop of BEN&JERRY'S Cherry Garcia Ice Cream

TO FINISH
    Lindt Chocolates

AFTERNOON MEAL

Please select one of the following options:

UNO'S PIZZA
    An individual Chicago-style Deep Dish Mushroom Pizza accompanied by a fresh Green Salad served with English Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes

ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN
    Slices of Soy-seared Breast of Chicken served chilled on a bed of grilled Pineapple with Asian Slaw and Asian Sesame Dressing

DESSERT CART
    Lemon tart

PRE-ARRIVAL BEVERAGE
    Chilled Sparkling Water with Fruit Garnish

Mr Raffles-or-First, what are you doing riding AA J? Plat Challenge?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 15 June 2007, 07:09 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That beef, pizza and other items look familiar!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Sshhh

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        That beef, pizza and other items look familiar!
        Yes, most of your AA F menu items are the same but I have only marginally fewer menu offerings. What surprises me was that you took your flight late last year and the menu appeared to not have changed.

Comment

Program devaluation warning...I might be doing one of those later this year

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            Sshhh
            Are going to change your handle to Traitors Air FAN ???

Comment

Lol. AA's food is boring, can't believe that they keep their menu the same for nearly six months. Want to earn BA EC Miles or AAdvantage miles?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                LWant to earn BA EC Miles or AAdvantage miles?
                Sadly Europe-USA flights on BA do not qualify for AAdvantage miles. The vice versa is also true - but I doubt BAEC members care as much about being able to fly AA transatlantic. No redemptions on each other for those sectors either. It's a very unique exception to the oneworld FFP arrangement.

Or do what I do and go via Canada, BGI or MEX.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Sadly Europe-USA flights on BA do not qualify for AAdvantage miles. The vice versa is also true - but I doubt BAEC members care as much about being able to fly AA transatlantic. No redemptions on each other for those sectors either. It's a very unique exception to the oneworld FFP arrangement.

Or do what I do and go via Canada, BGI or MEX.
                  This is very strange. No qualification for BA EC miles on AA (Europe to US) and vice versa, no redemption either. I guess these routes are very popular, hence such an agreement. Don't know whether things will change when the EU-US Open Skies Agreement take place. If I was an EC member, I would stick to BA and forget about flying AA on transatlantic flights. BA's Club World is way better than AA's C.

Comment

This is very strange. No qualification for BA EC miles on AA (Europe to US) and vice versa, no redemption either.
                    I think it started with anti trust issues, although I am not 100% sure of the details. But it's now become more of a commercial agreement. There is a single BA TATL one could earn AAdvantage miles on - MAN-JFK, but booking has to be made on the AA codeshare.

Yes BA Club World is definitely the superior product, however AA offers the distinct advantage of avoiding LHR if you're commencing your journey elsewhere on the continent. And AA is not the horrific airline that people like to make it out to be. With the fitting of the NGBC seats, AA's hard product is quite palatable, even decent - if you're lucky to get those seats.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 June 2007, 11:52 PM. Reason: more thoughts
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Are going to change your handle to Traitors Air FAN ???

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                      Program devaluation warning...I might be doing one of those later this year
                      Oh no, Savage25 is at it again....shoo shoo shoo (trying to keep savage25 away).
                      Last edited by SQFAN; 16 June 2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Lol. AA's food is boring, can't believe that they keep their menu the same for nearly six months. Want to earn BA EC Miles or AAdvantage miles?
                        It might be boring from the perspective of menu changes but the food that I had was delicious.

For the 'Apple soy marinated beef served with horseradish cream and thin potatoes', the slightly bitter-tangy red berries goes very well with the horseradish cream...and the 'fillet of beef' was succulent and melted in my mouth. (SQFAN drools as he remembered the food). Being American (AA that is), the Cherry Garcia BJ ice cream serving portion, which I liked, was huge.

Comment

This is very strange. No qualification for BA EC miles on AA (Europe to US) and vice versa, no redemption either.
                          Not Europe-US, just UK-US.
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 16 June 2007, 12:05 AM.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Not Europe-US, just UK-US.
                            Whoops my bad there. I just assumed it's Europe-US because it says "British Airways Executive Club members will not earn or redeem miles or earn Tier Points on American Airlines transatlantic flights" on the BAEC website with no mention that flights from FRA/CDG/FCO etc are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              For the 'Apple soy marinated beef served with horseradish cream and thin potatoes', the slightly bitter-tangy red berries goes very well with the horseradish cream...and the 'fillet of beef' was succulent and melted in my mouth. (SQFAN drools as he remembered the food). Being American (AA that is), the Cherry Garcia BJ ice cream serving portion, which I liked, was huge.
                              Oh you are so westernized in culinary now. I want my nasi lemak or roast duck in my AA flights.

Comment

Working...
                              X