No announcement yet.

Hotel(s) in Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton earlier this month and found the aircraft noise level a bit excessive, but strangely only at night...around 11pm-1am or so.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    I've stayed at the FS Jimbaran and do find the aircraft noise level a little inappropriate for a luxury resort.

Althought the FS and IC are closeby, the FS is on the hillside facing the final approach. You get the noise of the a/c on finals, initial take-off, and echoes of the reverse thrusters once they land.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      I guess I am old. I want to have peace and quiet.
      I know many Australians like to be in Kuta.
      Anyway, for you, KeithMEL, you are better off hanging out at Seminyak or nearby there.
      We must be about the same age as I feel the same.
      I have almost decided on the IC for this trip now unless I get some other inspiration in the meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Kuta has main attractions?
        Well, I guess everyone has different places to go to!
        Kuta ...

I'm with CGK and yvrcnx about wanting to avoid that area.

The Conrad is my fave. I'm hatching plans to revisit it.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

1. Well, even though many has said that the Conrad doesn't have a real Balinese feeling to it, I will go back there again. Unfortunately I don't have HHonors status. Even when the hotel is pretty full, I had my peaceful time working in my room.
          The only thing I dislike is the check-in process. Always being asked to wait because the room not ready.

2. From Conrad to Seminyak, it will take about 30 minutes. Not bad. And while you are there, you can go spa. My recommendation for spa will be AMOARAS SPA. It's wonderful for couples/honeymooners. Or if you want to see the sunset, you can do it at Ku De Ta or La Lucciola while you enjoying some drinks. And then you continue to have dinner at LOLOAN. Asian fusion, and the chef is Canadian.

Comment

I've stayed in the following Bali Hotels:

Hyatt, in Sanur - nice enough Hotel and very quiet when I was there. This was during SARS (MI A320 instead of SQ 777 to DPS) so many places were. Sanur seemed a nice place to be.

Sheraton Laguna, in Nusa Dua - Enjoyed the Hotel but again very quiet as it was on same trip as above during SARS. Didn't like Nusa Dua area.

Ritz Carlton, in Jimbaran - Fabulous Hotel and loved staying here. We had lounge access and thought it well worth the extra we paid. I didn't try the Spa but Ceri did and she though it was excellent. You could see aircraft inbound to DPS but we didn't have any issues with noise. We didn't venture out of the Hotel except to Ku-De-Ta to meet a few vaggabonds for a meal.

Four Seasons Sayan, in Ubud - Amazing Hotel. Absolutely loved it here and would love to go back. Thought Ubud was fantastic as well. Only downside was the nasty food poisoning Ceri got from the restaurant just down the road (turn left leaving Hotel and it's on the right a short way down).

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I read on TOF that they've refreshed the Sheraton though (now called Laguna Nusa Dua). They've brought it into the 21st century essentially - although the people on TOF were complaining bitterly about it (loss of 'charm' blah blah blah), it's actually a good thing to me.
              phaleesy and I stayed at the Westin last night and we checked into the Laguna next door this afternoon. Suites both times. We prefer the Laguna - we don't know what it used to be like as the Sheraton but we think the current hotel is contemporary and quite nice. However, the hotel and surrounding area is so unhappening - good for a relaxing weekend doing a bit of swimming, eating etc but not for you, KeithMEL!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                good for a relaxing weekend doing a bit of swimming, eating etc but not for you, KeithMEL!
                Do you mean - jhm - that in-room minibar doesn't provide any sort of wine/alcohol?

just kidding, Keith
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  Do you mean - jhm - that in-room minibar doesn't provide any sort of wine/alcohol?

just kidding, Keith
                  Read the entire sentence.

This is what I've booked for my visit in July:
                  http://www.theelysian.com/

As discussed in this thread it's near the clubs of Seminyak, and is also only 10 minutes from Kuta.
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 31 May 2008, 09:41 PM.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Stayed in Sheraton Laguna and Westin Resort last month and enjoyed the hotels very much! I was given a lagoon-access room at the Laguna and made use of that facility a lot!

Up next will be a 4-nights stay at the Ritz Carton end of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                      I have stayed at the Laguna (Luxury Collection) I had a pool access suite from which I could walk down a ladder to the pool from my balcony.
                      Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                      I was given a lagoon-access room at the Laguna and made use of that facility a lot!
                      Just wondering how one gets a lagoon-access room. Do we have to request for it specifically?

I noticed that these pools were about 0.9 m or 1.4 m only. The pool area was also rather restrictive. Somehow it was more enjoyable swimming in the bigger main pool. But these pool access rooms are so convenient! I can't quite decide whether it's worth requesting for these rooms at all.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Just wondering how one gets a lagoon-access room. Do we have to request for it specifically?

I noticed that these pools were about 0.9 m or 1.4 m only. The pool area was also rather restrictive. Somehow it was more enjoyable swimming in the bigger main pool. But these pool access rooms are so convenient! I can't quite decide whether it's worth requesting for these rooms at all.
                        I am a PLT member and I asked abt the lagoon-access room after I checked-in. The manager said that the room I got already had lagoon-access. But, I suspect its probably subject to availaibility.

The lagoon access rooms offer more privacy and convenience to the guests, esp since I don't like to walk a long way to the main pools. IMHO, it's worth to request for these rooms.

Comment

Working...
                        X