Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
    :
    Then 9V-SWA has the front wheel rego# as WA (WhatsApp) :-))
    Being the oldest 77W back in 2006?? I don't think WhatsApp existed back then
    There are some obvious explanations like missing 9V-SEX. I wonder if there has been a 9V-SUC or 9V-SUK. One mystery I have not figured out is why there is no 9V-SWC
    Last edited by hviswanathan; 9 September 2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
      There are some obvious explanations like missing 9V-SEX. I wonder if there has been a 9V-SUC or 9V-SUK. One mystery I have not figured out is why there is no 9V-SWC
      Perhaps because it then would be WC by the nose wheel?
      Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
        Perhaps because it then would be WC by the nose wheel?
        Yeah I believe that is the case. The same goes for the absence of 9V-SKO, as the plane you have KO (knock out) on the nose wheel...

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
          Yeah I believe that is the case. The same goes for the absence of 9V-SKO, as the plane you have KO (knock out) on the nose wheel...
          With KO I often wonder if it's because it would show OK, albeit reversed K. OK and WC are sort of instructional labels or directives.

They don't seem to be bothered by the word or acronym that the three letters may spell. We've had two A330s flying about, one with a big STD on its rear and the other with an STI. Of course these are just some of the ones we know of in English. Planes fly to places where an innocent 3 letter combination in English can suddenly be an insult in another language.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            With KO I often wonder if it's because it would show OK, albeit reversed K. OK and WC are sort of instructional labels or directives.

They don't seem to be bothered by the word or acronym that the three letters may spell. We've had two A330s flying about, one with a big STD on its rear and the other with an STI. Of course these are just some of the ones we know of in English. Planes fly to places where an innocent 3 letter combination in English can suddenly be an insult in another language.

LOL re STD and STI. Ditto what you said about its meaning in other languages that we may not be aware of. I guess only the people at SQ really know for sure the reason(s) for omitting certain letter combination in the registrations.

Comment

• I think you people should be guest stars on one special aviation edition of the Big Bang Theory.

Comment

• 9V-SMQ is on her way to Changi as SQ8895. ETA is at 8.00pm tonight (local time). A first time early morning Delivery Flight from Toulouse and evening arrival at Changi for a SQ A350.

Comment

• 9V-SMQ has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350 fleet to 17. 9V-SMR is next and is expected to be delivered in early October. This will provide adequate number of aircraft to commence A350 flights to BNE.

Comment

• 9V-SMQ's first revenue flight is scheduled to be SQ856|15SEP to Hong Kong at the moment.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• My father is flying out to DEL via SIN Thursday and returning on October 3 (Tuesday). Both ways from SFO it'll be by the 350 on SQ31/32. Will report on his experience on the 359 later on.

On the other hand any updates on SMR?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        On the other hand any updates on SMR?
                        SMR has completed 3 test flights, the most recent being 2 days ago. If she moves to the Delivery Centre this week for her CAF, there is a possibility of her being delivered before the end of September. It's anybody's guess if there will be more test flights before the CAF. Let's just wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          SMR has completed 3 test flights, the most recent being 2 days ago. If she moves to the Delivery Centre this week for her CAF, there is a possibility of her being delivered before the end of September. It's anybody's guess if there will be more test flights before the CAF. Let's just wait and see.
                          9V-SMR has moved to the Delivery Centre in preparation for her CAF. If all goes well, Delivery could take place next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                            its just like there's no row 13 on all SIA's passenger aircrafts.

Comment

• 9V-SMR is displaying her Final Registration. Delivery could take place this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                9V-SMR is displaying her Final Registration. Delivery could take place this weekend.
                                9V-SMR is scheduled to arrive into SIN tomorrow (30SEP17) at 1215 as SQ8895.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X