Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ324 business class

Hi
    I'm booked to go on this in May and its the 777-200 which has the older business class I believe but looks like to be upgraded soon according to another thread.

Having never flown business class before how does it compare to say the ones on the A380? anyone have any pictures?

Thanks

The SIN-AMS Flight SQ 324 has the older Spacebeds in business class.
    klick
    klick

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...93&postcount=5

You will be getting a Spacebed equipped 772.
      - 5 rows of J
      - 2-2-2 config
      -172˚ angled flat bed

Only regional destinations will get the new seat.

Use the search tool for pictures.

Comment

Great thanks.

Comment

Personally, I find the spacebed more comfy to sit on than the new C (eg 380), but may not be as nice to sleep on since it does not go fully horizontal.

You can leave it in a slightly "scooped" position rather than straight inclined flat for better sleeping comfort. That way, you won't slide down.

Enjoy your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Personally, I find the spacebed more comfy to sit on than the new C (eg 380), but may not be as nice to sleep on since it does not go fully horizontal.

You can leave it in a slightly "scooped" position rather than straight inclined flat for better sleeping comfort. That way, you won't slide down.

Enjoy your experience.
            Agree with your opinion.

Z-position is what I select to sleep on Spacebeds

Comment

Z position is challenging if you are a 'side' sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                Z position is challenging if you are a 'side' sleeper
                of which I am but to be honest compare to Y class its going to be a lot better!
                TV screens are the same size as economy on the A380 I noticed, that's progress though so cant knock it.

Maybe once all the older classes have been upgraded they will bring back saver awards on all long haul to Europe, maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                  of which I am but to be honest compare to Y class its going to be a lot better!
                  TV screens are the same size as economy on the A380 I noticed, that's progress though so cant knock it.
                  But lower resolution, unfortunately. You'd love the noise cancelling headsets, though.

Maybe once all the older classes have been upgraded they will bring back saver awards on all long haul to Europe, maybe...
                  I do hope so. Lie-flats are no longer considered novel and many leading airlines offer that in their biz class. If SQ still holds out, and with fewer and fewer routes to claim saver mileage on, they'd lose loyal customers to their competitors.

Comment

On another note how wasy is it to clamber over people if you are in the window seat? I saw a few reviews that its not easy and your better of with an aisle seat if travelling alone?
                    Any seat recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

yes... it's gonna be quite tricky to climb over person next to you specially if they are sleeping.

It's better to choose isle if you are solo traveler, i like mid isle seat for solo traveling (in 2 2 2 config), since you wont get bothered or bothering your neighbour...

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                        On another note how wasy is it to clamber over people if you are in the window seat? I saw a few reviews that its not easy and your better of with an aisle seat if travelling alone?
                        Any seat recommendations?

Thanks
                        Choose D or F. Aisle with no need to climb over anyone or be climbed over. If you really want a window seat, take the first row - 11, I think. Slightly more leg room.

Comment

Great thanks. Seems the middle isle has no seats taken so far but the window and next to are taken. its in a 2-2-2 formation so will go for am isle as windows seats are nice but not so important on a long haul.

Comment

Worked it out. Ignore.
                            Last edited by ozdude; 19 January 2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X