When Did You First Fly Business Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    I thought trolley-type dim sum is the most craved for. At the Red Star Restaurant here, they always bring out fresh dim sum on trolleys. You see those implements getting replenished and leaving the kitchen every few minutes...
    I think it depends when you go and the popularity of the restaurant! Go at the wrong time and you find the food is dried out and congealed after having gone round and round in a trolley for ages.

Comment

Couldn't remember when is my first trip in Business Class. Had some during my studies in SIN for SIN-CGK mostly (on EK if I am not wrong) and CGK-SUB (on GA).

But, my first "proper" Business Class trips that I can recall were on HKG-SFO (SQ) and AKL-HKG (CX) last year. One was on mileage upgrade and the other one was an op-up. Since then, more trips in front of the cabin (yes, it is addictive ) on CX (mileage upgrade and op-up), TG and MI (fully-paid), UA (upgrade at the check-in counter) and SQ (mileage upgrade).

None on First Class yet. Originally planned for SIN-CGK-SIN on SQ for the CNY, already paid for the ticket but cancelled last minute due to some changes in travel plans. Looking forward to it probably for my honeymoon
      Last edited by YK@HKG; 7 August 2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        Originally planned for SIN-CGK-SIN on SQ for the CNY, already paid for the ticket) but cancelled last minute due to some changes in travel plans. Looking forward to it probably for my honeymoon
        I think you're saying not yet but sometime in the future. Otherwise, you have a very understanding wife-to-be and you need to change your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          ...Hence, I tend to 'maximise' my SQ experience by staying awake. A masochist or what?...
          I'm with you on that one SQFan,...why sleep during such a great experience?

Comment

SIN - MAA op-up to Raffles at check-in on a sub-load ticket as a student in 1995. It was a Celestar IIRC - they even handed out these celebratory Carven pens on that flight (I think I still have it someplace).
            Last edited by LightSpeed; 8 August 2007, 02:17 PM. Reason: class qualification

Comment

Northwest Orient F from YWG to DFW (via MSP) They served pancakes stuffed with apples.I remember the FA's had really big hair......My Great Aunt bought the tickets as she never flew in the back.......she was a "Driving Miss Daisy" type lady (R.I.P.)

Comment

My first experience that I ever remember was with GA business, CGK-SUB. I think, that was in the mid 90s. My first SQ first and biz class experience was back in 2002. I took the F on A310, SUB-SIN and Raffles SIN-MEL.

Comment

Had my first C experience on an SQ SIN-LHR flight. It was my first biz trip and I looked like a troll trying to figure out how to operate the spacebed.

Comment

SIN-MEL SQ 237 on the Ultimo and MEL-SIN SQ 228 on the Spacebed All on miles and I did feel fortunate. Just last year, Dec 06. For 21st birthday

Comment

My first premium experience was in 88, on Pan Am in F.
                      Those are days gone by... carving the meat from a big piece of beef...
                      Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 9 August 2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if mine was AZ LHR-Rome (on an A300 I think ?) or Dan Air (not many on here will know them !!) MAN-OSL (Fornebu). If it was the latter then it was quite a memorable flight. Their Business Class was called Class Elite (I've still got the seat cover I 'borrowed'..).

I was travelling with my Father (RIP) and we were on our way to an offshore base/facility outside Bergen. I collared the window seat and was sat looking out of the window with my back to the cabin when the steward came around offering pre-take off drinks. I had long hair at the time (I know, I know...) and had it tied back in a pony tail. The steward, unable to see my face, leaned across and said 'would madam like a glass of champagne?'. I turned around and he was absolutely horrified and started apologising profusely. My Father spat his drink all over the seat in front, and was p*ssing himself laughing. He was proper old school and gave me nonstop grief about having long hair anyway. This just made his year and he was still laughing when we were in transit in Oslo.

That story got told numerous times over the years and I still find it funny now. God bless you Dad, you were a bundle of fun to travel with all those years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I'm not sure if mine was AZ LHR-Rome (on an A300 I think ?) or Dan Air (not many on here will know them !!) MAN-OSL (Fornebu). If it was the latter then it was quite a memorable flight. Their Business Class was called Class Elite (I've still got the seat cover I 'borrowed'..).

I was travelling with my Father (RIP) and we were on our way to an offshore base/facility outside Bergen. I collared the window seat and was sat looking out of the window with my back to the cabin when the steward came around offering pre-take off drinks. I had long hair at the time (I know, I know...) and had it tied back in a pony tail. The steward, unable to see my face, leaned across and said 'would madam like a glass of champagne?'. I turned around and he was absolutely horrified and started apologising profusely. My Father spat his drink all over the seat in front, and was p*ssing himself laughing. He was proper old school and gave me nonstop grief about having long hair anyway. This just made his year and he was still laughing when we were in transit in Oslo.

That story got told numerous times over the years and I still find it funny now. God bless you Dad, you were a bundle of fun to travel with all those years ago.
                          That is very funny, MAN Flyer. Thanks for sharing. I can't quite picture you...

My first C experience was sometime in the late '90s, on AeroMexico from MEX to SCL. That was a rare treat (and not bad at all, at least as I remember it), as I didn't fly in premium classes regularly at all until I moved to Asia at the beginning of 2001. My first flight on SQ C was SIN-AMS or FRA, I believe, later in 2001.
                          Last edited by MovieMan; 11 August 2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I think, ok actually I can't remember but i have the bp, I had my first C flight with LH when I was 2months old.

regards hon2
                            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

My first time in J was in 1983, SIN-BOM-LHR, on the lower deck of an SQ 742.

I remember being somewhat unimpressed... probably because of my experience 6 months earlier, which was SFO-HNL-HKG-SIN in F, on the upper deck of an SQ 742.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                                I think, ok actually I can't remember but i have the bp, I had my first C flight with LH when I was 2months old.
                                Good for you. My son is 7 months old, and the closest he has been to an aircraft is the landside of Changi Airport.
                                My Cafe Adventures
                                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X