When Did You First Fly Business Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    You certainly aren't afraid to do other things as well, nickbot! OK, just kidding!
    What ever do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      What ever do you mean by that?
      You know yourself best!
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

He he! Maybe I'll try OPping myself up from Economy to First on my next SQ trip (yeah, right!)

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Economy was fully booked
          I'll bet that became the standard mantra everytime a ticket needed to be bought to go home

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            I'll bet that became the standard mantra everytime a ticket needed to be bought to go home
            Well, arrived noticeably much fresher than we would if we were in Y, we were told that our travel scheme was duly changed to JCL for long hauls after that.

Comment

2002, a cheap one-way ticket on BA, it was alright, but didn't compare to my first upgrade to business class on SQ in 2006!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Well, arrived noticeably much fresher than we would if we were in Y, we were told that our travel scheme was duly changed to JCL for long hauls after that.
                I have been telling the Queen, I'll give our kid(s) the occassional Business Class treat when they're older. No, I won't spoil them by flying them in C when they're 10. But in future, when they do sufficiently well in their "O" or "A" Level examinations, I will reward them by flying them on our family holidays in style.
                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

My first experience? Just this year!

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815

Comment

My very first experience in Business Class was on TG SIN-BKK a long time ago, 1984. I was travelling as part of the Singapore contingent on a cultural exchange programme with the Thai government. The flight was overbooked (much embarassment to the Thais, since we were on invitation from the Thai government). They bumped us up to Business Class, and received excellent service then on.

My first Business Class flight in working life was in 2001, SQ SIN-HKG.

Comment

My first business class flight was in Sep 06 (yep I am a real newbie), SIN-CGK on SQ same-day return. Then on the same night, I flew First class SIN-MEL : that means I had my first ever business AND first class experience on the same day (imagine that) !
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

First time in J class ever was in SQ and on the MEGATOP - BNE - SIN - what a start lol - 1996 when i was a kid - actually the whole family got upgraded to business (4 of us then) since Y was full....i guess it kinda helped that since it was all our extended family travelling to DEL to go to my uncles marriage and excluding the 4 seats we took members from the family all had booked out the top part of the plane.
                        The great feeling was short lived since they couldnt find our booking connection to DEL (just us 4 lol) so we were put up in the Riverview Hotel in SIN hehe. XMAS DAY as well so it was a great XMAS to see SIN in its decorations.

ive been flying economy ever since till couple years ago. A trip from bne - sin - london - sin - amritsar in 3 days in Y kinda convinced me to change when our team physio noticed a vein or two coming out from the back of the leg due to that trip lol and was further reaffirmed when in an anatomy tute last year they asked all the auzzies to put their hands up - Then the teaching doctor said all 3 of u guys have maximised chances of DVT and superfical veins showing lol.

but i still remember that day in raffles - looking at the prawn entree in digust lol and playing till my hearts content with the magentic chess board and playing cards.....*sigh*
                        Last edited by token01; 6 August 2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

My first trip in Business Class was in 1982 on TWA from BOS to JFK. The flight we were on went on to somewhere in Europe so those if us who were only doing the short internal hop were put in business class. Not that there was any service on such a short trip.

My first proper trip in Business Class was in 2000 I think, but it was only an intra Europe one. I had to get to Macedonia for a meeting and there were no seats in Y available however Austrian had seats in Business available for about £250 which was not much more than the normal for economy so work actually agreed to pay for a business ticket for me. I actually managed to get a deal signed for $1m on that trip and tried to persuade work that they really should send me business class everywhere from then on but they were having none of it.

First time in long haul business class was an opup on TG BKK-LHR. I was already sat in my seat in Y when another guy approached and said I was in his seat. When I showed that I too had been assigned this seat he stormed off and started ranting at one of the FA's. She spoke to the gate agent who came up to me and very loudly in front of this guy said please follow me to business class we have a seat for you there. OK the old TG business class seat was failry shocking and I did end up having to sit next to one of the wierdest people I have ever met on a plane but still it sure beat 12 hours in Y.

Comment

My first J flight was only last March. At the encouragement of some on here, I went to/from JFK on UA Y to get the miles for KF ES. On the way back, temptation got the better of me and I paid a nominal amount at the JFK Red Carpet Club to upgrade to C. Wow - free drinks (with chits) and snackies in the lounge; priority boarding; a sloped lie flat seat; decent food (compared to Y), a cheese trolley and an amenity kit!

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                            In Singapore, it's difficult to find the traditional trolley service when you visit a dim sum restaurant these days. Most restaurant now serve food pre-dished.
                            Thank god for that! IMO, trolley service can mean the dim sum has been sitting there for hours whilst the other stuff usually comes out freshly cooked. I remember having trolley service dim sum in SIN once (at the Goodwood Hotel I think ?) and it was awful.

Comment

My first time ever was on SQ some two years ago. Prior to that, I was just an economy pax since 89.

After months of reading TOF, I was tempted to treat myself and I have been hooked ever since. You see, I do not work for a large corporation to enable to fly business class. Hence, I tend to 'maximise' my SQ experience by staying awake. A masochist or what?

Comment

Originally posted by token01
                                ... and was further reaffirmed when in an anatomy tute last year they asked all the auzzies to put their hands up - Then the teaching doctor said all 3 of u guys have maximised chances of DVT and superfical veins showing lol.
                                Oh my god. You guys had DVT? First time I actually heard someone around me having this. Do you belong to some varsity sports team or something?

Originally posted by token01
                                but i still remember that day in raffles - looking at the prawn entree in digust lol and playing till my hearts content with the magentic chess board and playing cards.....*sigh*
                                Ummm... You can always give up your Raffles seat to me. I'm sure I'd gladly accept it!

Originally posted by Lobster
                                I actually managed to get a deal signed for $1m on that trip and tried to persuade work that they really should send me business class everywhere from then on but they were having none of it.
                                This is funny... Haha. I hope you will encounter more full flights in future so that you'll fly OS again!

Originally posted by jhm
                                Thank god for that! IMO, trolley service can mean the dim sum has been sitting there for hours whilst the other stuff usually comes out freshly cooked. I remember having trolley service dim sum in SIN once (at the Goodwood Hotel I think ?) and it was awful.
                                Hmmm is that right? I thought trolley-type dim sum is the most craved for. At the Red Star Restaurant here, they always bring out fresh dim sum on trolleys. You see those implements getting replenished and leaving the kitchen every few minutes... Anyhow, let's start a Dim Sum thread, shall we?
                                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                                X