[SFO] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SFO] SKL F

I enjoyed this lounge, particularly the tarmac/gate views.

They had a very enjoyable Sonoma Chardonnay, rather better than most other lounge wines I have tried (non-Champagne, I mean). I didn't see what Champagne they were serving.

There was a nice selection of cold nibbles, and some hot snacks too. The F side was surprisingly quiet -- only 3 of us in F on SQ15 that day, and only 2 C passengers with status.

At one point a chap with 2-way radio and fluorescent vest walked in and helped himself to a hot pastry, and walked straight out again. Amusing!

Comment

(OK, I know this wasn't in the lounge. Nor was it visible from the window, strictly speaking. But it adds context.)

Comment

The view from SKL

On July 8, I was flying UA out from SFO to NRT. Was able to use SKL F. And yes, jjpb3 who was heading back to LHR was able to enter the lounge at first using *G status into the C section. Later on I invited him to the F lounge. We had champagne as well as kimchi instant noodles. Some dim sum were available as well as some other cold snacks. Did not ask fr ice cream this time.
        A small counter of the food and drink station shown below. Also the view outside the windows straight ahead towards Gate 102... and the Ted one would be gate 70s for UA domestic...

Comment

Originally posted by LZ-HMI View Post
          I didn't see what Champagne they were serving.
          There is a sign saying to ask attendant for champagne and ice cream. When I was there with jjpb3, I asked and she served us. Then she put the ice bucket out and opened a new one as well. And indeed the other 2 or 3 guests decided to go for champagne. Did not remember the label though.

There was a nice selection of cold nibbles, and some hot snacks too. The F side was surprisingly quiet -- only 3 of us in F on SQ15 that day, and only 2 C passengers with status.
          Before SQ15 I notice it's quiet, but not prior to SQ1. Onetime someone uses the shower room for at least for an hour.

At one point a chap with 2-way radio and fluorescent vest walked in and helped himself to a hot pastry, and walked straight out again. Amusing!
          He must know the staff there.

Comment

great pictures all around- thanks for sharing LZ-HMI and CGK!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              Before SQ15 I notice it's quiet, but not prior to SQ1.
              That's certainly been my experience. Both sides of SKL packed before SQ 001. I've seen practically every seat on the F side taken, and that's with not all of the F pax in the lounge--must have been a lot of C pax with status. On the C side, so many pax it must have included a significant number of Y pax with status. Seriously: not a seat in the house.

BUT... my experience is quite limited. Just a handful of flights, and all at high-load-factor times around the Christmas holidays. So YMMV.

Fun photos. Brings me back to a place of very good feelings. About to climb onto the wings of the Golden Goose. Getting ready to fly to Asia and see Mr. Megatop.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                That's certainly been my experience. Both sides of SKL packed before SQ 001. I've seen practically every seat on the F side taken, and that's with not all of the F pax in the lounge--must have been a lot of C pax with status. On the C side, so many pax it must have included a significant number of Y pax with status. Seriously: not a seat in the house.

BUT... my experience is quite limited. Just a handful of flights, and all at high-load-factor times around the Christmas holidays. So YMMV.
                I was in their earlier this month prior to SQ1 and it was completely full on both sides then. I got a seat but to be honest I was just relieved to make it having been sat on a runway at JFK for 2 hours on a UA PS 757 when we were second in line for take-off before they closed the airspace...

Comment

The Opening Hours

Picture was taken end of December 2007.
                  Last edited by SQ LPP; 11 February 2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Before my SQ 001 on December 13th, the SKL F at SFO was quieter than in the past, maybe half-full, though the obligatory fat loudmouth farang blathering on his cellphone in the center of the lounge loud enough for the RCC to hear it upstairs was nevertheless present, going on and on about getting on a flight to Singapore and how he would really appreciate it if the fellow on the other side of the line would give his friend a job and a chance because even though he (the friend) is a bit older he can still adapt to changing technology and buzzword buzzword buzzword. Naturally, the clown was not in First when we took off. Actually, First was less than half-full, with no more than five of us. The IFS closed Door 1L about 15 minutes prior to departure, and the three male passengers on board all looked at each other and the empty cabin and said "That's it?" then started chatting a bit. The two female pax, both Asian and probably flying alone, were very quiet.

Comment

Recent visits to this lounge

Had a chance to visit SFO SKL last week. The F section was empty, but the C section was pretty busy. I was told that the lounge had gotten too many negative feedbacks especially for the food offerings. Well, comparing to SKL ICN, it is definitely pretty bad. In F section the day I was there, the spring roll was not crispy... soft wet. Then no more Thai sweet chilli sauce. The food in F and C are basically the same. The C section was gone so quickly. And this time no ice cream in stock.

Here are some pictures...

Comment

Shower Room

It's handicapped friendly. But, this shower room needs over haul renovation. It looks the same as 6 years ago.

Comment

Reception Area

The New Lounge Dragon Wannabe ...

The precious signage

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

The New Lounge Dragon Wannabe ...

Darn, I was going to say this would be good news so us with those gold color boarding passes wouldn't get shoved away to the RCC.

Don't get me wrong the RCC isn't bad, but sometimes it's nice to feel at home in the SKL

* I know some have had issues entering the SKL with UA BP, but so far I've never been denied entry.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
                              Darn, I was going to say this would be good news so us with those gold color boarding passes wouldn't get shoved away to the RCC.

Don't get me wrong the RCC isn't bad, but sometimes it's nice to feel at home in the SKL

* I know some have had issues entering the SKL with UA BP, but so far I've never been denied entry.
                              I inquired about the incident. This SKL is a *G lounge. It's a small one. Opens at 9:15am which was still empty when I was there. But by 1100am, it was full. Thus, the staff turned away few pax.
                              Now with the new lounge dragon, hopefully the situation would get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X