X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased wifi allowance seems to have kicked in

And on the date they said it would :

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0nfpPdBVsN/

Strange that they haven't officially announced it yet though. Unless I've missed it?. About time that FCL/Suites pax got unlimited wifi. They do tend to get there on this stuff, eventually....

I think this is another area where SQ could do more to differentiate Solitaire. Why group all PPS when they could easily
    provide TPPS unlimited and have QPPS at 100MB?

Comment

Concur.

Comment

J class pax gets 100mb. PPS gets 100mb. PPS in J still only gets 100mb. Kinda not much value add in being PPS in J on this aspect ;(

In the US WiFi situation is different. Was on JetBlue in Y and the WiFi was free and unlimited and so fast I was streaming Netflix 30,000ft. On SQ it’s so limited and so slow. Kinda sad and wish things improve in both cost and speed

Comment

dont understand why cannot just give pps unlimited

Comment

It is a good improvement over the past quotas.
            I believe they will probably ease up the quotas even further when they have the technology (enough speed and bandwidth) to support them.
            I would rather have this scheme than a ‘free unlimited internet for all’ with slow speed.

Comment

Will the planes need a bigger wifi hump to achieve these ongoing improvements? Could we see them elevate from dromedary status and gain a second wifi hump?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                It is a good improvement over the past quotas.
                I believe they will probably ease up the quotas even further when they have the technology (enough speed and bandwidth) to support them.
                I would rather have this scheme than a ‘free unlimited internet for all’ with slow speed.
                Just hopped off SQ915 and this time remembered to use their Wifi. 100MB is a nice addition which is about enough for chatting during the flights.

For those who are interested in the performance - using SpeedTest: D/L 9.95Mbps, U/L 1.78Mbps, Ping 652ms.

Comment

Working...
                X