Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
    Looks like the same flight number was delayed by almost the same length of time again this evening.
    and SQ266|05JAN was delayed for almost 14 hours.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ424 SIN-BOM | 8JAN19 | 9V-SKK took off over four hours late at 23:14 (STD: 18:55)

Comment

• SQ947|14JAN (DPS-SIN) was cancelled as 9V-STR went AOG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
          SQ947|14JAN (DPS-SIN) was cancelled as 9V-STR went AOG.
          Is this the reason why SQ949 was delayed by 1.5 hours last night?

Comment

• SQ947 DPS-SIN | 16JAN19 | 9V-SSA took off at 23:31 (STD: 20:05)

Comment

• Is there any reason why SQ921 ( MNL-SIN ) is being delayed these past few days ?

Comment

• SQ402|18JAN (SIN-DEL) operated by 9V-SCC diverted to Kolkata as a safety precaution due to fog at Delhi as some of its brakes were disabled due to a previous fault and its stopping distance was unknown.
                Last edited by Not You; 20 January 2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• SQ530|20JAN (SIN-AMD) is delayed due to aircraft swap from 9V-SSC to 9V-SSH.
                  STD: 1840
                  ETD: 1945

SQ528|20JAN (SIN-MAA) is delayed due to aircraft swap to 9V-SSG.
                  STD: 2020
                  ETD: 2030

Comment

SQ530|20JAN (SIN-AMD) is delayed due to aircraft swap from 9V-SSC to 9V-SSH.

A ten minute delay is of no consequence.

Comment

SQ530|20JAN (SIN-AMD) is delayed due to aircraft swap from 9V-SSC to 9V-SSH.

SQ530 ended up departing at 2049hrs, more than 2hrs late.

SQ528 ended up departing at 2101hrs, nearly an hour late.

Comment

• Is there a reason why so many flights are delayed.I am booked on the SQ921 ( MNL-SIN) & SQ322 ( SIN-LHR ) on the 20/02

Comment

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
                          Is there a reason why so many flights are delayed.I am booked on the SQ921 ( MNL-SIN) & SQ322 ( SIN-LHR ) on the 20/02
                          This thread is making things sound worse than they are- remember SQ would operate around a hundred flights a day. In all the flying I've done with SQ over the past 12 years, the longest I've ever been delayed is 2 hours and I've never once missed a connection in SIN.

Obviously it does happen from time to time when something technical or weather related happens, but it's a case of bad luck, not something to expect.

(Actually now that I think of it I was once delayed in London for a week, but SQ can't be held responsible for Icelandic volcanoes!)

Comment

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
                            Is there a reason why so many flights are delayed.I am booked on the SQ921 ( MNL-SIN) & SQ322 ( SIN-LHR ) on the 20/02
                            There actually is a reason, albeit an embarrassing one. There is a KPI monitoring board in SIA's office that has an actual percentage of on time departures and it always showed 100% the past months.
                            Unfortunately, the first digit burned out and there are no spares available. So, to hide this malfunction, they randomly choose a flight or two to delay to show a two digit on time departure rate.

Comment

• SQ502 SIN-BLR | 21JAN19 | 9V-SQL took off over 2.5 hours late at 22:41 (STD: 20:05)

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                                There actually is a reason, albeit an embarrassing one. There is a KPI monitoring board in SIA's office that has an actual percentage of on time departures and it always showed 100% the past months.
                                Unfortunately, the first digit burned out and there are no spares available. So, to hide this malfunction, they randomly choose a flight or two to delay to show a two digit on time departure rate.
                                This is the best reason ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X