[MEL] NZ C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Need a quick update here - after trawling through all the threads here on MEL (did a search on 'MEL' and '[MEL]' in this forum but search turned up zero results, how weird).. I need to know if this lounge remains " by far the best in MEL. "?

Am transiting for about 6 hours (arriving in on SQ, onwards on NZ, so access should be no problem) - has the SKL in MEL improved? Any update on either lounge (or any other I've missed) since the last post was two years ago?

Thanks in advance!
    Dunno about ultra recently - but I was at both a few months ago, so someone with even fresher info please correct me - but no, the SKL is still the same old same old (which doesn't mean it's crap) as it's always been. The MEL Koru is still a funkier place to be - plus there's at least SOME tarmac views from there.

Comment

SQflyergirl: Many thanks for that quickie, will come in useful indeed - since there are also showers there, that'll be the main one to use, looks like... here's hoping they have Fish and Chips available (like in SYD)! Although a bit of Asian food before a 10-day Western onslaught might be also preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Need a quick update here - after trawling through all the threads here on MEL (did a search on 'MEL' and '[MEL]' in this forum but search turned up zero results, how weird).. I need to know if this lounge remains " by far the best in MEL. "?

Am transiting for about 6 hours (arriving in on SQ, onwards on NZ, so access should be no problem) - has the SKL in MEL improved? Any update on either lounge (or any other I've missed) since the last post was two years ago?

Thanks in advance!
        We tried 3 *A lounges prior to departing on SQ238 earlier this month. Of the 3, NZ is still my favourite of the lot.

1) SKL - hasn't changed. still small, cramped with rather glaring lights. Never mind the lack of natural lighting or tarmac views, but they have some sort of fittings on the few windows they had in the lounge. It's been a while since I've used the showers here but from the last time I used them, I recall that they had some decent showers. OK selection of F&B. Also, whilst it didn't affect me, the other half had a headache from some sort of scent or pollen emitted by plant/s installed in the SKL.

2) UA RCC - much airier than the SKL with more natural lighting. We were only in there for a little while (to bide our time whilst waiting for the NZ lounge to open) so didn't check out the food/drink selection, but it looked as though the SKL had a better drinks' selection. lounge staff here were v welcoming and even made sure that we knew where/when the SQ flight was departing.

3) NZ - we were the only people in there as the next NZ departure was a fair while away. it does get crowded during NZ departures and especially in the late arvo when TG pax arrive (but so does the SKL prior to SQ flights). lots of natural lighting, tarmac views, and the best selection of F&B. very soothing decor and comfy furniture - refer to the pics as the lounge hasn't changed much. the lounge dragon let us in without a fight this time, but wasn't v nice in doing so.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 April 2009, 03:05 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

That's very useful - cheers buddy - since we're landing at an OMG o'clock (TM), that last tip will be handy for the SO to get into the UA RCC whilst waiting for NZ to open.

Tis a pity, however, that we will be flying in on rows A/C, as I wasn't able to get seats on H/K.

Comment

Working...
          X