Solitaire Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitaire Qualification

So turns out I didn’t understand the Solitaire Qualification requirements and apparently have goofed this up - but is it a bad thing?

I had 2810 in PPS reserve value Mar 1 2019. I spend 49500 in PPS value by Feb 29th 2020. I was under the impression that the reserve value would then put me above the 50K mark and voila... Solitaire.

Well, I didn’t read the fine print. PPS reserve value doesn’t count toward Solitaire status. So... should I write to Krisflyer or just keep my (now 27xxx) reserve value and pretty much ensure PPS for the near future?

There is a difference between qualification and re-qualification:

For your first time qualification to PPS or PPS Solitaire, you need to fly 25,000 or 50,000 SGD in 12 consecutive months. The 12 months is key here: only if you fully qualify within this time frame you become PPS or Solitaire.

You don't earn Reserve Value before you become a PPS, you just earned PPS value and didn't qualify, so this value is written off and you start from scratch.

Once you are a PPS or Solitaire and you spend more $ than needed for your qualification, this goes into a piggy bank and can be used in consecutive years.

With out reserve value, you would have to fly at least 50,000 SGD every year:

50,000 SGD
    50,000 SGD

With Reserve value you still need the same money to stay Solitaire but your spending can fluctuate:

60,000 SGD [50,000 SGD for qualification and 10,000 Reserve Value]
    40,000 SGD [plus Reserve Value 10,000]

Comment

To clarify.

By Feb 28th of 2019, I had accumulated 27810 PPS value. So, 25000 qualified me for PPS and 2810 was left as PPS reserve.

By Feb 29th 2020, I had accumulated 49500 PPS value. Of this, 25000 re-qualified me for PPS and there was 24500 + 2810 (reserve from prior year) = 27310 now as PPS reserve.

Turns out I missed the Solitaire PPS qualification by 500. I had originally thought the PPS reserve I had leftover from last year would cover it, but guess not.

Question is... do I call Krisflyer and ask to waive the 500 requirement and go for Solitaire, or just remain as PPS and leverage the reserve value for next year? I anticipate slightly lower travel due to all the Coronavirus issues.

Comment

Write them a nice e-mail and kindly ask them for help. Highlight that you missed Solitaire by only 500 SGD and would have flown this if you were aware.

saa_feedback@singaporeair.com.sg

Good luck!

Comment

They honored the 500 difference and gave Solitaire status... although now wondering what’s the point given the lack of travel this year...

Comment

Working...
          X