Toys of the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys of the past

When I was knee high to a grasshopper I flew out with my parents to Australia on SIA.

I remember being given on a flight a games set that included a magnetic chess set, draughts and miniture cards. I can not remember whether this was given on a SIA International or on a domestic QANTAS flight in Australia.

Has anyone got any pictures or remembers what toys SIA gave the children of the 80s? Even earlier toys would be interesting.

I also think I have buckleys chance of requesting our friends at SIA to credit my account with elite points for the trip made by my family in the early 80s. Maybe I should write a really nice soppy letter and see what happens. It may get a laugh at the SIA head office. Though they do not seem to be very charitable these days.

I remember that magnetic chess set they gave in the late 80s/early 90s. I remember it had the old Singapore Airlines fonts.
    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

mastermind!
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I've got a masterminds set somewhere at home.

These things would cost the airline cents and keeps the branding in peoples homes for years (or decades). Why be so short sighted and stop this

EDIT Here is a picture http://www.tnelson.demon.co.uk/maste...astermind6.jpg

Comment

Cool Mastermind Game

Cool Mastermind game.

You are right about branding. Now the airlines help other brands such as Nintendo and Film/Music mompanies with marketing.

Comment

I remember the mastermind! i think i have it kept in an isolated place in my house.I gotta start digging!
            I remembered they gave out model planes too

Comment

My favourites were the magnetic chess sets which were given out in the '80s / early 90's IIRC...I have 3 different versions at home. My favourite is the combined chess, checker and backgammon sets, of which I have two (unopened)...wonder whether they are worth anything on Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                My favourites were the magnetic chess sets which were given out in the '80s / early 90's IIRC...I have 3 different versions at home. My favourite is the combined chess, checker and backgammon sets, of which I have two (unopened)...wonder whether they are worth anything on Ebay?
                After trying so hard to remember what chess set most of you are talking about,i finally recalled that i had a few lying ard with the mastermind! HMM now if i can only remember where i put them

Comment

Just searched my "treasures chest" last night....
                  And I found this one....

Hmmm..... will this one worth something on E-Bay???

Comment

Peanuts Charlie Brown Plush Toy

anyone still have this peanuts charlie brown plush toy from SQ? I wish to buy from you

Comment

Working...
                    X