Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegas and Nevada / Grand Canyon Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    As you are a aviation enthusiast, and if you are driving up to Vegas from LA, perhaps you can visit the airplane boneyards like the Mojave airport where literally hundreds of retired jets are parked there. It should be a interesting and beholding sight to see so many aircrafts parked there. I did visit the smaller Kingman airport in Arizona which is about a 2.5 hours drive from Vegas back in 2014.
    Thanks, flyguy! An intriguing idea. I quite enjoy visiting aerospace museums (Although I have yet to visit the one right at my doorstep: the Republic of Singapore Air Force Museum near Paya Lebar Airbase). Not sure about aircraft boneyards, though. But I did Google Mojave after reading your post. They don't offer tours, although there are certain days where they do open the facility. There are also companies which organise aircraft boneyard tours e.g. this link here.

Comment

Interestingly though as I scrolled down the link, besides the write up on 'Touring the Roswell International Air Center Area', there is a photo of a stored Scoot plane missing its nose cone.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
        Interestingly though as I scrolled down the link, besides the write up on 'Touring the Roswell International Air Center Area', there is a photo of a stored Scoot plane missing its nose cone.

For a second I thought it was Victorville, CA where they scrap planes.

Comment

Just back from our trip...thanks, all, for the info and advice!

We did make it to Vegas and the Grand Canyon...the trip was via LA on United's SIN-LAX nonstop. TR in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Just back from our trip...thanks, all, for the info and advice!

We did make it to Vegas and the Grand Canyon...the trip was via LA on United's SIN-LAX nonstop. TR in the works...
            No problem!! Glad we could be of assistance. I'm glad you got to enjoy your trip. Hope the triple-digit dry heat wasn't too much of a problem. I mean, it's dry heat (not humid), but that would equate to at least 40 degrees Celcius.

I look forward to your TR yflyer.

Comment

Working...
            X