BKK Immigration wait times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
    I will be staying at the Novotel Siam Square. It is going to be a leisure trip and I don't want to pay too much out of pocket. Marriott Garden seems too far away from the BTS Skytrain.
    When's your trip... I will try to report back if it is in time tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      I would recommend Novotel Ploenchit instead
      Maybe he prefers the bar at Siam.

Comment

I'm staying at the Novotel Siam Sq out of habit/ tradition. My mom and dad usually stay there because arthritic folks only need to cross the street to get to a shopping place. We used to stay at the Arnoma but that place is kind of run-down, nuh? (again, haven't been there in two years).

I'm making this trip in the last week of May, and kind of "out-of-impulse."

I am actually staying in MNL and HKG, but decided to catch an A380 to BKK, and have the opportunity to "reconnect" with some good old Thai food.

My itinerary will look like this:

Day 1: Arrive in BKK 1500ish (there's only one A380 flight). Will probably end up just getting one of those taxis. Then at night eat at Baan Khanitha. I know there's lots of nice hotels down there in Asok, but I don't quite like the "busy nocturnal" scene, if you know what I mean. I hate urchins and dark creatures...

Day 2: Blue Elephant Cooking School. (I'm still debating if I should do this rather than just going to Chatuchak and buying some freshly-steamed crabs.). In PM, shopping at MBK (dunno if my favorite aircraft model store is still there), then dinner at Somboon Seafood near Chulalongkorn Univ.

Day 3: I have an 8AM departure from BKK to HKG!!!

I wish I had more time... I would have loved to eat at Krua Apsorn.

Anyone know where I can buy some good quality Benjarong? (Don't know how I will bring them to the US though...)

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
          What's my best option (hassle-free and cost-effective means) of traveling between the airport and hotel?

A pre-arranged transfer? Kinda pricey at THB2000 each way. When in HKG, I don't mind taking the airport express. But I don't know if in the last two years, BKK's train system is comparable to HKG's already.
          Door to door via train, expect to budget about 50 minutes time (excluding walking).

A taxi should be less of a hassel unless you are travelling light and alone.

Comment

Hi, I will be flying to BKK from SIN and my wife and daughter will be flying to BKK from FUK, my flight arrives 1hr earlier than their flight and I only have a carry on.

Would it be possible to go to their gate and wait for them after landing or will I have to clear immigration and wait for them landside?

Comment

Generally, it'll be possible but there's extremely little to do airside upon arrival - and you'll need to find their arrival gate. If they come in by bus you'll need to figure out which one also. I'd rather clear immigration and wait landside in a coffee shop somewhere.

Comment

Thanks Kyo,

Are there screens airside which would show which gate the flight is arriving at?

I understand that landside would be better but I can't wait to see my little girl, haven't seen her for 2 weeks. Haha

Comment

Nope, you're better off asking somebody as things change sometimes on a whim there

Comment

Noted. Thanks so much.

Does TG have a dedicated concourse at the airport or would I have to run between D, E, F, G concourses.
                    Last edited by GLAM82; 24 March 2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

They are all over the place, including remote stands, so anything could happen.

Comment

Ok, looks like I'm in for some exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Nope, you're better off asking somebody as things change sometimes on a whim there
                          There's a big f*** off arrival display board in the middle concourse (B) before you head up the ramp to Immigration that gives arrival gate info at least I'm pretty sure it was displaying arrival gate info along with baggage carousel info when I burned through there on Tuesday morning?

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will have about 1hr later today to check for the information. That should be enough time.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                              There's a big f*** off arrival display board in the middle concourse (B) before you head up the ramp to Immigration that gives arrival gate info at least I'm pretty sure it was displaying arrival gate info along with baggage carousel info when I burned through there on Tuesday morning?
                              But does that show bus gate arrivals?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                But does that show bus gate arrivals?
                                Ah, very good point.

Bus gates show up as B1 or something similar, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X