Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ drops SIN-ICN-LAX, starts SIN-LAX at 10x weekly and boosts SIN-SFO to 10x weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    For that to happen, they'll need to keep all onward pax onboard. There's just no way for them to get out and come back in - the security checks would take way too much time.
    The last time I took SQ11 in March 2018, it's also 55 mins turnover at NRT. The security lines isn't that long,and I still have some time to shop for goodies at the ANA Duty Free shop nearby.

SQ12 probably needs a longer turnover at NRT, because there is an interview session right after the security check.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
      The last time I took SQ11 in March 2018, it's also 55 mins turnover at NRT. The security lines isn't that long,and I still have some time to shop for goodies at the ANA Duty Free shop nearby.

SQ12 probably needs a longer turnover at NRT, because there is an interview session right after the security check.
      Thanks for the reply, orionmiz. I'm impressed by NRT's efficiency.

Comment

On the topic of the standard long haul A359, I was of the understanding that it was necessary for some seats down the back in Y to need to be blocked to reduce payload. I just arrived on a fully packed SQ31- every cabin full. We also managed to make up almost an hour after departing late. Is it possible for SQ to fill the plane if they know headwinds won't be as strong? (Krisshop was absent as expected though.)

Comment

It's during winter when the jet streams are the strongest, easily 100-150kts. Block time during winter is 17:xx. Your flight block time only 16:40. During Jan. They sell around 140-150 of the 187 seats. During summer, they sell all 187 seats.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          On the topic of the standard long haul A359, I was of the understanding that it was necessary for some seats down the back in Y to need to be blocked to reduce payload. I just arrived on a fully packed SQ31- every cabin full. We also managed to make up almost an hour after departing late. Is it possible for SQ to fill the plane if they know headwinds won't be as strong? (Krisshop was absent as expected though.)

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
            It's during winter when the jet streams are the strongest, easily 100-150kts. Block time during winter is 17:xx. Your flight block time only 16:40. During Jan. They sell around 140-150 of the 187 seats. During summer, they sell all 187 seats.
            I wish I'd known that. Was counting on that empty seat next to me for 16 hours...

But overall it can be seen why SQ would have no plans to change arrangements with SQ32/31. Certainly in the westerly direction, most of the plane was connecting to the early evening flights to India. It's a market very well cornered which wouldn't transfer to a J/PEY config.

Comment

I tried to book from Australia to SFO, I can select the SIN-HKG-SFO flight to the USA but the flight coming back through HKG is greyed out. Seems to want to force me to book the direct SFO-SIN flight on the A350. Any ideas why?

Comment

Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                I tried to book from Australia to SFO, I can select the SIN-HKG-SFO flight to the USA but the flight coming back through HKG is greyed out. Seems to want to force me to book the direct SFO-SIN flight on the A350. Any ideas why?
                It is possible that there are no more tickets on SFO-HKG-SIN on the same fare class as your SIN-HKG-SFO flight whereas there is availability on SFO-SIN. On SQ it is not possible to mix flights of different fare classes, frustratingly. I encountered this the other day whereby after selecting a non-stop flight one-way, for the return I had to select the one-stop. Choosing a different fare class for the first route yielded different availability for the return.

Comment

I can see why SQ1 would be far more popular than SQ31, even though the latter is non-stop. The timing is brutal- a 16 hour day flight. If it were a fly through the night flight, I would find it complete bliss.

Comment

Some people seem to love these inaugural flights.....or maybe they've just got too much time on their hands :

https://www.instagram.com/sqtalkofficial/

Thanks for measuring the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Some people seem to love these inaugural flights.....or maybe they've just got too much time on their hands :

https://www.instagram.com/sqtalkofficial/

Thanks for measuring the seat.
                      It's taking up my Instagram feed too, surprisingly, I did see a sunset of the Golden Hour picture.

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                      It is possible that there are no more tickets on SFO-HKG-SIN on the same fare class as your SIN-HKG-SFO flight whereas there is availability on SFO-SIN. On SQ it is not possible to mix flights of different fare classes, frustratingly. I encountered this the other day whereby after selecting a non-stop flight one-way, for the return I had to select the one-stop. Choosing a different fare class for the first route yielded different availability for the return.
                      That's interesting, because while I am not flying SQ in a few weeks to India, we initially had a plan to book my tickets during mid October, and though I already booked another airline back in September, doing a dummy booking shows that there's no SQ1, and most of the time I'm under the impression that it's already full, when in reality it may or may not be the case. But in September, SQ1 was available, but it was there for a lower fare, and I had not seen 'Mixed Cabin' classes at that point. November is supposed to be considered off-peak travel time, no?

Comment

Working...
                      X